Round 2 Minto Rally Park

teamredracing

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta thank Gaz so far for the results and pics . Congrats on the other podiumites Bad luck stories this stage ,Kidvoltage , your car was motoring really well when one of your braids decided to come off in full flight. A few bends later and your tyre (as per pic) decided he'd had enough and departed the car. This put you behind the 8 ball . Its fixed and hopefully next stage will be better.Conti Rowlands car decided to unravel a few feet of armature wire and die. Thats now been replaced and ready for Stage 2. Highlander , fixed your guide and and unfortunatly the grip level is way down as was Syd's car. Both were scuffed up and cleaned before heat and both were slip sliding away.Will do the same for the next stage. Ah well better get back to it .Check in later. Go dem Frogs

Cheers Craig

Edited by teamredracing

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Thanks to teamred and gaz for getting Round 1 in the books and I'm looking forward to Round 2. Congrats to Graham, Matt and Craig on the podium but don't get too comfortable cuz Round 2 is my round to make a move, well at least I hope so.

Regards

Rico

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Oscar Wilde

ROE and UK, following in the footsteps of the US in round 1, beat the Oz contingency at an Oz track!! I am pleasently suprised and hope it continues - hope my celebratory cup of tea I am having is not too premature!

It is all so close, only 10 seconds seperating the top 13 means it is still anyones round, which is how it should be.

Matt

HELL'S BELLS!!!!! You could've knocked me down with a feather!!! First I win at my local club rallying my LPV WRC Porsche 997 on Friday night, now a win in the SCX WRC with the LPV Citroen C4, It's all about letters and numbers!

I'm also amazed that all three of the other Team Umbria cars are all bunched together.

Many thanks for some great shots there and great video too. We now eagerly await the results of the other two stages at Minto Rally Park.

Edited by Graham Lane

I think more about slot cars now than I did about sex when I was sixteen.

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th October 2013

Castello delle Forme, Umbria, Italy

Graham, Ben fatto! Grande resultato! I'm tickled pink to come in so well. Added to watching a fantastic race in the Chinese GP, not a bad morning for me (and the sun is blasting here in old south Wales).

The photos and video of the event are cracking, and I'm glad you've started a tradition with the pics of Ron and Ron, da management. Hope it continues.

Good luck and have fun with second stage.

wosautos12.gif

Graham, Ben fatto! Grande resultato! I'm tickled pink to come in so well. Added to watching a fantastic race in the Chinese GP, not a bad morning for me (and the sun is blasting here in old south Wales).

The photos and video of the event are cracking, and I'm glad you've started a tradition with the pics of Ron and Ron, da management. Hope it continues.

Good luck and have fun with second stage.

It's hot out there, isn't it? 0.2 secs between 1st and 2nd is damn close!

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

We should have mentioned before the race, but there will only be two stages in round 2, mainly due to the time involved, the cars will still be doing their 8 minute minimum, it's just the time involved in setting up and getting 42 cars to the line for each stage is huge, note to those running a round .... leave plenty of time for the event

Some of the tyres on quite a few of the cars would not "grip up" during the event.

All the cars had their braids and tyres cleaned before each stage, the tyres were run up on a wet rag with a bit of liquid soap on it

I like the fact that i'm constantly losing screws.

Fixed that with some blue tack

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

All the cars had their braids and tyres cleaned before each stage, the tyres were run up on a wet rag with a bit of liquid soap on it

You mean all my grappa has been washed off!!! :o

...this is the BIG one!

You mean all my grappa has been washed off!!! :o

Must've been the dog pee.

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Oscar Wilde

Yep Graham, some great scraps going on there. Going up and down the scoresheet, there's some very tight ones, mohawkk and ferrarif40, Zarko and oldslot, kid voltage and yngwie, amongst others - a gnats chuff separating each pairing. Fabulous stuff.

Btw, some of the lads from our club were a bith north of you in Soragna this weekend. The NSR 24 hour challenge. They had great fun. Again, courtesy of Maurizio.

wosautos12.gif

I'd forgotten about the dog pee. Yep, that would have been enough to do it, especially from a Rottweiller. :P

I think my win was just down to luck really. I did remove the lighting, wing mirrors, central supports to the interior, grind the tyres down to slicks, solder the motor legs and add a bit of lead to the side pans. Other than that it's pretty normal. I didn't even get a chance to run it in properly what with three cars to prepare.

I'd love to have gone to the 24 hour at Soragna. It sparked me up to put two teams in the 12 hour next year though. We've got the drivers. All we need are the sponsors, and I've got a cunning plan for that. Good luck to your guys. The competition is pretty fierce here in Italy so anything better than last is a result!

...this is the BIG one!

They're pretty much one and the same thing Dave. ;)

...this is the BIG one!

By the sounds of it Snurfen, it'll be in the cleaning cupboard. No where near the bar.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction