slotmadmac

Help!

I recently picked up some Carrera digital cars to on sell. I don't know anything about digital so have a few basics questions.

The cars have this internal set up

carreradigital.jpg

1. I assume this car is 'fully digital' as opposed to 'digital ready'. Is that right?

2. What is this Carrrea digital system called - i.e. how should I describe it when i sell it?

3. Will this car run on a standard/analog scalextric track? (It runs fine on my routed track.)

4. What is the price differential between a 'fully digital' car as opposed to 'digital ready'. The cars I am selling are all brand new but unboxed.

Thanks

Mac

Podiums are for short people.

Hi Mac

the newest Carrera digital is called D132 - that looks like a digital chip.

cars should run on analog as well as digital

fully digital' car as opposed to 'digital ready'

Digital ready means you can put a digital chip in the car and use it on the D132 system - the chassis has the space for the chip and the LED -

basically the only differences between digital and analog for carrera are digital come with a chip and lights - otherwise identical cars - on Armchair price difference is around A$22 - the digital chips themselves sell for around $20-$25.

I have seen some of the analog cars with lights - in this case the chip like the one in your photo minus the little black box on the circuit board at the top of the photo.

cheers

David

Edited by dangermouse

Thanks DM

So the whole green circuit board is the chip - so this would be sold as digital.- not digital ready. Right?

Mac

Podiums are for short people.

yes the green board is the digital chip :)

the other way to tell it is digital is you should be able to see a LED underneath next to the little switch - no LED then the car isn't digital as Carrera use LED to change lanes

cheers

DM