Nz Canam Proxy 2012 - Race Round 3

charlesx

Following our local group meeting yesterday I can confirm qualifying for this round will be held Tues/Thursday 24/26 April and racing Sunday 29/4/2012. Cars will then hopefully be forwarded to Christchurch for Round 4 on 30/4/2012.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

• 4 weeks later...

And here we are, hard on the heels of Round 2 results, round 3 qualifying times.

nzprR3qual.jpg

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Hi all.

Yes agreed Orakei, this track will provide much more consistant results in keeping with each cars maximum potential.but ease of driving will still play its part.

I do not think you can say it necessarily favours big motors however as it is actually quite a technical track to drive. A well tuned car powered by a good orange motor can still be hard to beat. The 2 pot industrial paint surface however does provide a very predictable surface (much like the National Napier track) so you can concentrate on performance tuning and driving rather than grip.

For those that do not know track the GT record is around 5.4secs, Group C 5.8, Muscle car 6.1, Nascar 6.8 and Ninco classis 7.2. Track is three laned with running length of 20m.

Looking forward to running Round 3.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Green Acres Slotracing Group

And here are the results, just in from Charles.

The handicap table is incredibly close. Click the images to see larger type size

Another thing I noticed was that the B group cars didn't do as well here as at Plymouth, which is the exact oppisite of what I would have expected before these 2 rounds.

nzprR3results.jpg

Open Table

nzprR3overall.jpg

Handicap Table

nzprR3handicap.jpg

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Charles just spotted an error in the results, so I have amended them, the actual round winner was Orakei Racer, sorry for any confusion or disappointment for those who Orakei just leapfrogged with the correction.

Hi all,

No fault of yours Stubbo. I originally incorrectly recorded Orakei's time on Red lane and then corrected but did not very clearly cross out wrong entry. When I was transcribing and converting results into Mark's result sheet I added the wrong figure. I did double check but checked wrong figure yet again. Only noticed at lunchtime today after I had sent results to Mark so had to eat humble pie.

Some general comments

Round went well but again some big variances of earlier qualifying times.Paul and my track is as explained earlier has better and more consistant grip so some of the cars that we very ordinary on "Plymouth" performed much better. I do know what other people think but conversion from A to B class cars required some adjustment so in future I would tend to run all the B cars together. They just require different treatment to cornering because they are so narrow. Its a bit like converting from Slot-it Group C to Scalextric Nascar (my experience anyway).

Drivers this time were again Nelson Red lane, Paul White and Trent Blue. Marshals Laurie, Mike and self.

Results as always speak for themselves but see my additional comments in Mark's results sheet under "RACE comments".

Only one major problem (with Stubbo’s car). Front body mount broke then back. Initial fix not successful but we managed to complete all three races. Mike then took home to fix properly although it seems good now if a little high at front (to get front tyre clearance) so should be ready for next round. Stubbo you also seemed to have just hot glued on likes of exhaust pipes so we had to redo these too. Mount operation probably loosened them.

Other problem was spotted on HgPanel before racing. I fixed front right body mount the nite before and as far as I am aware it is still OK but will check again before dispatch.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Only one major problem (with Stubbo’s car). Front body mount broke then back. Initial fix not successful but we managed to complete all three races. Mike then took home to fix properly although it seems good now if a little high at front (to get front tyre clearance) so should be ready for next round. Stubbo you also seemed to have just hot glued on likes of exhaust pipes so we had to redo these too. Mount operation probably loosened them.

Chas Le Breton

Not hot glue but araldyte. Can't explain why it came away.confused.gif Maybe the chassis was going slower than the body!

Alan Stubbings

These results just confirm that I have no idea what I am doing. Think I'll start planning for next year.

Yeh same here. Just when oneself thinked he might a stumbled onto sumtin, up pops another obstackle. The cruel part is....what was the bl##dy obstackle :blink: !?

Anyhow congrats to the winners and thanks to everyone and all the helpers! You do a good job of it guys !

Warren

Charles will have the cars ready to go to you tomorrow by courier. Better just pm Charles the delivery address - ie to your home, or to work, depending on what is most secure for daytime delivery.

Thanks Chas, Paul and the rest of Naki team.

Congrads to the other top finishers.

Pretty happy with the results, keeps me in touch with Slotmadmac, points wise, but KelbfellP is starting to build a bit of a lead.

Originally thought from the qualifying round that the Alfa was going to be out gunned.

Nice to see Pitlane's Alfa finishing near the sharp end as well.

Be interested to know if the number of offs was due to any particular handling factor - was it those left hand corners again?

Orakei Racer

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!

Other problem was spotted on HgPanel before racing. I fixed front right body mount the nite before and as far as I am aware it is still OK but will check again before dispatch.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Thanks to all involved in round 3, Hope you find some more problems and fix them for me Chas, my best result to date :D

Well done to the podium winners (maybe next year I might get closer to that elusive podium) :blink:

Thanks again

Hi all.

Cars have left for Christchurch and will be there Friday. Have to cross strait so takes a little longer.

Did final check on all cars, cleaned braids and in particular checked following:

Charlesx McLaren M6A - gear clearance still slightly better than 7mm so little if any tyre wear. Have decided therefore to stay with original tyres.

HgPanel Red Ferrari - chassis mount still intact from earlier repair.

Slo1quick - was concerned about performance on 'Green Acres" after good showing on "Plymouth". Nothing wrong I could see but front wheels appeared to have little clearance and touch body if it rocks.

Slotmadmac Blue Ferrari - front screw had come out during qualifying on "Green Acres". Had loosened a bit during round so have readjusted to original setting and added a little blue tack making sure guide free to swivel. Hopefully this will prevent any further trouble.

Stubbo Blue Ford G7 - chassis mount repair appears OK but slightly down one side. Think I may have been like this at start. Front wheel clearance good. Note araldite still appears soft so perhaps mixture not right. Certainly solid now.

General comments.

No problem with guide depth on "Green Acres". Notice tyres on a number of cars after 3 rounds appear to have improved going on visual inspection. Exception was Phangs Autocoast which still appear a little out of round. Pity as this car otherwise would be much better and certainly easier to drive. Was great to see Chappy and HgPanels red Ferrari circulating around track. 2 winged cars you could hardly separate.

Look forward to Round 4. Thanks for chance to run last 2 rounds.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

New Plymouth