Round 1 Casula Raceway

gazza

Ok. I've had coffee now. Feeling a little calmer now.

Thanks Gazza for giving the Koonara red car a flying start on what has got to be one of the hardest tracks the cars are likely to meet. Absolutely awsome. Makes me wonder a little what went wrong on Stage 2.

Congrats to Mel, Reek and Ben for Round 1 podium. And to everyone for getting their cars prepped and on board for what promises to be a really interesting and closely fought series.

Big thanks to Gazza and his elves for the huge effort of running 41 cars over 3 big stages. You've set the bar high for what is to follow.

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to top 3, My car improved as stage went on so pretty happy with 14th & 5 mitsubishi's in top 14 well done team Mitsubishi aswell.

To Gazza awesome job running round 1 & to all that helped out.

Bring on round 2,

Cheers,

Jimmi

Ember, that's one of the many mysteries of the universe, why do slot car perform one day and crap the next, if i knew the answer i'd make a fortune sitting at home answering a help hotline, just put it down to atmospheric conditions, or the position of Mars (too much of a gentleman to mention the obvious planet), maybe it was because i had put up the new Ford banner in the shed and that i was wearing my inspirational sunglasses that helped the Aussie contingent along .....

DSC00746.jpg

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Well done to Gazza and his band of 'Merry' men. Super effort to Mel, rally freak that you are and all of those who did well.

Pretty pleased to finish 16th, pity it is only 1 point, could have finished 40th and got 1 point !

True, but if you finished 40th with one point you would be nearly 50 points behind the leader in stead of 24

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

But there can be only one winner as they say, and thank god he's going in for his operation, at least it'll shut him up for a day or so :D

http://youtu.be/IvTDEpabGc8

Gawd your an ugly barstard

Spare a thought for the poor bugger that had to take the pic :wacko:

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

I didnt stay up for the final stage but was rewarded by a good result.

Thanks gazza for the run and congratulations to podiumites.

I dont get it though my car was 16th on the 1st run,8th on the second run and 4th on the 3rd run.It is the same track

right?How can this difference in performance be explained?Another proxy mystery?

gallery_2645_1402_6823.jpg

Maybe you car is run in now Alexis!

Thanks guys for a great start to the rally. And thanks for the Team Umbria shot around the villa. I noticed the MMM sticker on the window too.

I think more about slot cars now than I did about sex when I was sixteen.

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th October 2013

Castello delle Forme, Umbria, Italy

Alexis, Conditions yesterday morning, temperature and humidity were a lot different and that really changes the way the car grips and performed etc. (plus I turned up the music while Gaz was driving) :)

I was surprised to see how many cars didn't have good tyre truing, some almost out of the box ??? - especially the front tyres.

Even when the tyres (and yes tyres a spelled differently here in OZ) are trued IMO they need a lot of track time to "dial in" to suit the cars performance. I firmly believe there will be many cars that continue to improve in handling as the series goes on as the tyres true themselves better.

My car that won is certainly no where near the quickest car and I attribute its performance with some luck but correct position of the ballast, hours of running in (up on blocks), using a tyre truer and possibly 200 - 300 laps on my track with the Controller on "Ghost" mode. Some will disagree or say not necessary but I believe it does increase your chances. Actual set up time of the car was about 90 minutes.

I do not think anyone will always have all the answers to setting a proxy car or why it went better 1 minute and not the next.

Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Hi guys

A big thanks from me to all who were involved in hosting round 1, and well done to the podium cars.

I was chuffed to bits with 8th in my first proxy event, but that one second slower on the 3rd stage cost me 2 positions....that's how close it is!

And finally, thanks to whoever drove my car (No. 35), the times were very consistent, the car having been set up as pretty standard but aiming at being consistent over the various types of tracks, rather than aiming for outright speed. We shall see...!

By the way, technically the Isle of Man is neither part of the UK, nor Europe.... :rolleyes:

Cheers

Dave

Alexis, Conditions yesterday morning, temperature and humidity were a lot different

Ahhhhh..... The shed was full of hot air yesterday. :D

... hours of running in (up on blocks), using a tyre truer and possibly 200 - 300 laps on my track with the Controller on "Ghost" mode.

To be honest, I'm hoping this theory means that my car will continue to improve over the duration of the series, because I didn't run the motor in and couldn't have completed more than about 50 laps of my little track. Hopefully it means the car will wear in not wear out.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

By the way, technically the Isle of Man is neither part of the UK, nor Europe.... :rolleyes:

If that's the case Dave you can always take RoE as Rest of Earth rather than Rest of Europe. :P

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

And I was thinking it stood for Republic of Europe. Silly me.

I think more about slot cars now than I did about sex when I was sixteen.

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th October 2013

Castello delle Forme, Umbria, Italy

Congrat to the those who finished on the podium. Also forgot to congratulate Gaz Kai and Mel. Sorry I couldnt get to the other days.42 cars ,what a long couple of days. The top cars were a joy to drive and warm up. I'm glad your happy about your car Em so we are eagerly awaiting a bottle or two from your sponser ;):lol: . Jokes aside your car was a pleasure as was Bens and Reeks. Funny Reek ,I found your calling ,build WRC rally cars and stay away from Ferrari's :o:lol: . Next round of the Proxy will be at Minto Rally Park hopefully on the 14th and 15th of April . I am forsaking one of our club rounds to run the proxy. The only other date I can run it is the 28th,29th. So thought I'd try to keep it flowing. Will be interesting at my track as those who know it, know it is a little subdue to Gary's but has the same painted surface as his. So those whose grip was down may have the same probs at mine . Anybody who hasnt seen my track .Heres some pics .Also have a vid on youtube under Minto Rally Park

MintoRallyParkLayout1.jpg

pic4.jpg

Edited by teamredracing

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Thanks Gazza and helpers, sounds like an epic few days. Well done Mel, got that thing sorted. Also well done to Reek, just slipped pasted me at the end, but with a fastest lap like that its no wonder. Didnt really expect to see such a big gap up the top end of the leader board. On to Minto!!

Edited by Ben_M

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

I'm glad your happy about your car Em so we are eagerly awaiting a bottle or two from your sponser ;):lol: .

You might get one if I do Craig. I've been promised a case of my preferred Koonara tipple if I win the series. So watch out everyone... I'm on a mission on behalf of my wine cellar!

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

20th... Not bad at all but slightly disapointed with S2 & S3.

Thanks to all involved in organising the round 1 and congrats to the top runners! Already looking forward to the next round.

Where and when will the next round be?

7-1.jpg