Round 1 Casula Raceway

gazza

I'm so pleased with 6th and 9th on the first two stages and in the lead of Team Umbria!

I think more about slot cars now than I did about sex when I was sixteen.

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th October 2013

Castello delle Forme, Umbria, Italy

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be s#*t on by a frog anytime, if it means a podium. I'm stunned and amazed. Thanks for the fine run gents and really looking forward to the third stage.

Rico

Edited by reek455

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Oscar Wilde

Have to say thanks guys for doing this. Im so glad my car is scoring in the top half of the table probably too heavy and slow to be a winner but i built it specifically to be very easy to drive and not crash much which seems to have been a solid strategy. My first scx rally car ive ever done any tuning to as well.

would love to get a look at the cars that are at the top to see what is making them so much better cant wait to see how this proxy develops :)

Shhhhh, i have a cunning plan ........

That's fine, until your car gets to Italy! B)

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

3rd (just) in the second round and 4th overall - excellent, top Peug and UK driver so far. Need lots of deslots from those above and no slip ups from a well rested (no radio blasting overnight please, my driver is over 40 and need lots of shut eye!) Tucker in the gold Peug. Bit close though with only 10 seconds seperating my 4th place down to 12th.

Matt

I wasn't sure for a few seconds then which photo "Yngwie's Nemesis" referred. I later realised it was the hairpin, not that frisky bugger.

Good effort folks, much appreciated and cracking looking stage. Just happy mine managed to finish without a wheel falling off (my latest pasttime, since I bought a PowerSlot Polo).

wosautos12.gif

Most of the bottom half of the entries are suffering from major grip problems, the voltage is, as always, set at 11 volts so the cars aren't "overpowered" while driving them.

Also the cars were randomized for the start of the first stage and have run in the same sequence for the second and will be in the same order for the final.

They kick off with Matt's pug starting off as track sweeper followed by Reek's Citroen, both cars smashed their first round times so hopefully the radio has kept them awake all night

As stated before this track has a mixture of everything, so if you do well here it gives you a good fighting chance, but remember it's only the first round and there is a long way to go all on many different tracks, surfaces and layouts

Only early days

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Enjoy the last stage Gazza.

Kind of good to get this track over and done with early on when there's time to 'recover' from a bad run on it. It's a massively challenging track. Possibly the most challenging in the series.

BTW: No shellebrating until after you finish playing with cars Gaz.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Shhhhh, i have a cunning plan ........

That's fine, until your car gets to Italy! B)

Thanks Graham - Good to see someone keeping the b@$+@!d honest :P

He did drive my car well and I'm happy with a good start to the series - "One Swallow doesn't make a summer" though eh?

Enjoy the last stage Gazza.

BTW: No shellebrating until after you finish playing with cars Gaz.

Embs,

I arrived there early this morning - how shocking is this?

BirthdayBottle.jpg

BirthdayBottles.jpg

Must have helped as the morning went on - drove some cars like he stole them and some big improvements.

Still some cars to run after I had to go so will be interesting to see the results.

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Mel, the only shocking thing in those photos is the fact that Gazza drinks CROWNIES!!

vomit-girl-vomit-puke-sick-smiley-emoticon-000651-large.gif

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Well it is his birthday Embs! Push the boat out.

...this is the BIG one!

I just expected Gazza to have more taste in his birthday brew. Crown lager is ... well... I might buy it for limo passengers, but I refuse to drink such over priced and tasteless girly drink. And that's coming from a girl. But I have been brewing for about 8 years.

Gazza, I'm a little concerned that your favourite wine might be a rose. :P

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Before you knock rosé try our local brew. 1,90 euros a litre for award winning wine. It's beeeeoooootiful, and no hangover. Perfect for a summer's afternoon by the pool. B)

Edited by Graham Lane

...this is the BIG one!

My cunning plan of leaving the radio blasting all night didn't pay off, when i opened the garage up in the morning Matt and Reek were quietly sitting in the corner reading some of the old playboy and penthouse mags (i'd keep an eye on those two), Most of the French car drivers had found the old coffee machine and had stayed up all night making Latte's and Mocha Choka's, but at least the garden is free of snails, Ember had all the Mitsubishi drivers together and was reading them the riot act, also exerts from Sun Tzu, the Hyundai's had joined the French, the Skoda driver was trying to get a loan to buy a coffee, the Italian contingent had moved out to a villa near the track, and the Aussies had drunk all the beer mainly because Mel had started with his "back in my day speeches", thank god all the strong stuff is in the house, other wise who knows what would have happened with 42 liquored up yahoo's and yobbo's

So that set the stage for the final day of round 1

Yes Mat yours was out as track sweeper as usual, but there must have been a inspirational article in one of the mags, as you came out flying ....

DSC00818.jpg

And i think you must have kept the centerfold pic's as Reek was out next and out to get you

DSC00816.jpg

Here's a few more shot's of the days action

DSC00767.jpg

DSC00779.jpg

DSC00688.jpg

DSC00732.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

DSC00748.jpg

Kangaroo Crossing!

DSC00811.jpg

The Villa

DSC00755.jpg

P1070961.jpg

P1070971.jpg

P1080042.jpg

But there can be only one winner as they say, and thank god he's going in for his operation, at least it'll shut him up for a day or so :D

Round3Results.jpg

DSC00815.jpg

Another big thank you to Mel and Kai for helping out today,

It was a monumental task running this event what with breakages, stoppages, guide, pickups, motors, bodywork, tyres, wheels and general running repairs first to get them started then to keep them going, add to that the time involved

The only thing that went like clockwork was the timing gear, RaceCoordinator never missed a beat over the three days, we had some track issues during the lead up and the timing was short lapping but on the day (s) it was perfect

Gary

What??!! No way! Really?? I know we've changed back from daylight savings but it's not April 1 any more Gazza.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Holy Frog S*#t Batman, 2nd overall, I never would have guessed or dreamed. Congrats to Ember on the stage win and to Mel for the overall. Great start to the proxy, let's keep rollin'.

Regards

Rico

P.S. Awesome shot of my flyin' Frog.

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Oscar Wilde

Congrats to Mel, Reek & Ben

the first 3 ran away a bit there, but there are some close battles through the pack.

I was lucky enough to Drive warm up laps for gary and most of them were a pleasure to drive.

My pick to win the comp would be any of the top 5, although there are some really fast cars in the lower order that just struggled for grip on this track.

Love,

Kai smileyhawk.jpg

Congratulations to the top runners. I guess from the time difference that my car is good at one aspect - crashing...

KInd regards, Leo

Your car, as with most of the bottom half of the field, just could not get any grip on the track and it wasn't because they were all bunched together in running order, the cars starting sequence was randomized with Matt leading off the pack and Reek second, BenM started around 35th and Ember around 10th or 11th, So the "grip level" was there to be had, it just came down the the type of SCX rubber your car was shod with.

Some guy's have gone a bit overboard in the trueing department, and havent allowed for the fact that there is a dozen or more tracks to come, if you have a look at Zero5's car

DSC00688.jpg

That white line you can see around the front R/H wheel is the plastic rim, that's how thin he (and some others) have trued their tyres down, no grip and no clearence

But having said that, my track would have to have the biggest variations in height, corners, bumps, dips and the most challenges in one track, most of the cars will start to perform when they get to a more open flowing track

Gary

Series points have been updated to include the timed points and the stage points.

Stage points were allocated for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place on each of the 3 stages and were granted as follows:

Ontheflipside: 5 (1st S1, 2nd S2)

Reek45: 5 (1st S2, 2nd S3)

Ben_M: 3 (2nd S1, 3rd S3)

Ember: 4 (3rd S1, 1st S3)

Mtucker666: 1 (3rd S2)

The allocation of round timed points has also changed to incorporate a system that allows for closer competition.

Round Points

1st – 20 points

2nd – 17 points

3rd – 15 points

4th – 13 points

5th – 12 points

6th – 11 Points

7th – 10 points

8th – 9 points

9th – 8 points

10th – 7 points

11th – 6 points

12th – 5 points

13th – 4 points

14th – 3 points

15th – 2 points

16th down – 1 point each (if the car started)

2012_SCXP_R1.jpg

The two keep up the banter/rivalry competitions are also under way.

2012_SCXP_R1_Rank.jpg