Let the carnage begin

100 replies to this topic

#41 Graham Lane

La Porta Verde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 01:16 AM

Before you knock rosé try our local brew. 1,90 euros a litre for award winning wine. It's beeeeoooootiful, and no hangover. Perfect for a summer's afternoon by the pool. B)

Edited by Graham Lane, 04 April 2012 - 01:16 AM.

Click here to see my track

I think more about slot cars now than I did about sex when I was sixteen.

Posted Image incorporating the Italian round of Posted Image
...this is the BIG one!
3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th October 2013
Castello delle Forme, Umbria, Italy

#42 mtucker666

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:53 AM

Road sweeper awaiting the final stage results with baited breath - any idea of when we can expect them?
Matt

#43 gazza

2003 World hide and seek champion

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,016 posts
  • Location:Sitting in front of the computer, how else could i be typing this

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:51 AM

My cunning plan of leaving the radio blasting all night didn't pay off, when i opened the garage up in the morning Matt and Reek were quietly sitting in the corner reading some of the old playboy and penthouse mags (i'd keep an eye on those two), Most of the French car drivers had found the old coffee machine and had stayed up all night making Latte's and Mocha Choka's, but at least the garden is free of snails, Ember had all the Mitsubishi drivers together and was reading them the riot act, also exerts from Sun Tzu, the Hyundai's had joined the French, the Skoda driver was trying to get a loan to buy a coffee, the Italian contingent had moved out to a villa near the track, and the Aussies had drunk all the beer mainly because Mel had started with his "back in my day speeches", thank god all the strong stuff is in the house, other wise who knows what would have happened with 42 liquored up yahoo's and yobbo's

So that set the stage for the final day of round 1

Yes Mat yours was out as track sweeper as usual, but there must have been a inspirational article in one of the mags, as you came out flying ....

Posted Image

And i think you must have kept the centerfold pic's as Reek was out next and out to get you

Posted Image

Here's a few more shot's of the days action

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kangaroo Crossing!
Posted Image

The Villa
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

But there can be only one winner as they say, and thank god he's going in for his operation, at least it'll shut him up for a day or so :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Another big thank you to Mel and Kai for helping out today,

It was a monumental task running this event what with breakages, stoppages, guide, pickups, motors, bodywork, tyres, wheels and general running repairs first to get them started then to keep them going, add to that the time involved

The only thing that went like clockwork was the timing gear, RaceCoordinator never missed a beat over the three days, we had some track issues during the lead up and the timing was short lapping but on the day (s) it was perfect
Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

Posted Image

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2012

#44 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,210 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:15 AM

What??!! No way! Really?? I know we've changed back from daylight savings but it's not April 1 any more Gazza.
Computers. They'll never catch on.

Posted Image

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

#45 reek455

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:23 AM

Holy Frog S*#t Batman, 2nd overall, I never would have guessed or dreamed. Congrats to Ember on the stage win and to Mel for the overall. Great start to the proxy, let's keep rollin'.

Regards
Rico

P.S. Awesome shot of my flyin' Frog.

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
Oscar Wilde

#46 Mohawkk

prettiest rally car 2011-12

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,682 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:26 AM

Congrats to Mel, Reek & Ben
the first 3 ran away a bit there, but there are some close battles through the pack.
I was lucky enough to Drive warm up laps for gary and most of them were a pleasure to drive.
My pick to win the comp would be any of the top 5, although there are some really fast cars in the lower order that just struggled for grip on this track.
Love,
Kai Posted Image

#47 Scuderia_Turini

Team Principal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:38 AM

Congratulations to the top runners. I guess from the time difference that my car is good at one aspect - crashing...

KInd regards, Leo

#48 mtucker666

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:48 AM

the top 3 ran away with it - well done Mel, Rico and Ben. Think I got side swiped by a flying Ember with a 19 second improvement in her stage time from 2 to 3. A good start with room for improvement but a long way to fall as well!
Matt

#49 gazza

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,016 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

View PostScuderia_Turini, on 04 April 2012 - 07:38 AM, said:

Congratulations to the top runners. I guess from the time difference that my car is good at one aspect - crashing...

KInd regards, Leo

Your car, as with most of the bottom half of the field, just could not get any grip on the track and it wasn't because they were all bunched together in running order, the cars starting sequence was randomized with Matt leading off the pack and Reek second, BenM started around 35th and Ember around 10th or 11th, So the "grip level" was there to be had, it just came down the the type of SCX rubber your car was shod with.

Some guy's have gone a bit overboard in the trueing department, and havent allowed for the fact that there is a dozen or more tracks to come, if you have a look at Zero5's car

Posted Image

That white line you can see around the front R/H wheel is the plastic rim, that's how thin he (and some others) have trued their tyres down, no grip and no clearence

But having said that, my track would have to have the biggest variations in height, corners, bumps, dips and the most challenges in one track, most of the cars will start to perform when they get to a more open flowing track

Gary

Posted Image

#50 miveson

Raid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,388 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:01 AM

Series points have been updated to include the timed points and the stage points.

Stage points were allocated for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place on each of the 3 stages and were granted as follows:

Ontheflipside: 5 (1st S1, 2nd S2)
Reek45: 5 (1st S2, 2nd S3)
Ben_M: 3 (2nd S1, 3rd S3)
Ember: 4 (3rd S1, 1st S3)
Mtucker666: 1 (3rd S2)

The allocation of round timed points has also changed to incorporate a system that allows for closer competition.

Round Points
1st – 20 points
2nd – 17 points
3rd – 15 points
4th – 13 points
5th – 12 points
6th – 11 Points
7th – 10 points
8th – 9 points
9th – 8 points
10th – 7 points
11th – 6 points
12th – 5 points
13th – 4 points
14th – 3 points
15th – 2 points
16th down – 1 point each (if the car started)

Posted Image

The two keep up the banter/rivalry competitions are also under way.

Posted Image

#51 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,210 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:08 AM

Ok. I've had coffee now. Feeling a little calmer now.

Thanks Gazza for giving the Koonara red car a flying start on what has got to be one of the hardest tracks the cars are likely to meet. Absolutely awsome. Makes me wonder a little what went wrong on Stage 2.

Congrats to Mel, Reek and Ben for Round 1 podium. And to everyone for getting their cars prepped and on board for what promises to be a really interesting and closely fought series.

Big thanks to Gazza and his elves for the huge effort of running 41 cars over 3 big stages. You've set the bar high for what is to follow.

Embs

Posted Image

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

#52 jimmi

Part Time Racer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:09 AM

Well done to top 3, My car improved as stage went on so pretty happy with 14th & 5 mitsubishi's in top 14 well done team Mitsubishi aswell.
To Gazza awesome job running round 1 & to all that helped out.
Bring on round 2,
Cheers,
Jimmi

#53 gazza

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,016 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

Ember, that's one of the many mysteries of the universe, why do slot car perform one day and crap the next, if i knew the answer i'd make a fortune sitting at home answering a help hotline, just put it down to atmospheric conditions, or the position of Mars (too much of a gentleman to mention the obvious planet), maybe it was because i had put up the new Ford banner in the shed and that i was wearing my inspirational sunglasses that helped the Aussie contingent along .....

Posted Image

Gary

Posted Image

#54 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,210 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:16 AM

The sunglasses. Definitely the sunglasses. :)

Posted Image

#55 phoeno29

V8 Supercar Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:40 AM

Well done to Gazza and his band of 'Merry' men. Super effort to Mel, rally freak that you are and all of those who did well.
Pretty pleased to finish 16th, pity it is only 1 point, could have finished 40th and got 1 point !

#56 oldslot

old slot

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:49 AM

Gawd your an ugly barstard

#57 gazza

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,016 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

View Postphoeno29, on 04 April 2012 - 09:40 AM, said:

Well done to Gazza and his band of 'Merry' men. Super effort to Mel, rally freak that you are and all of those who did well.
Pretty pleased to finish 16th, pity it is only 1 point, could have finished 40th and got 1 point !

True, but if you finished 40th with one point you would be nearly 50 points behind the leader in stead of 24

Gary

Posted Image

#58 phoeno29

V8 Supercar Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,285 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

True, but if you finished 40th with one point you would be nearly 50 points behind the leader in stead of 24

If you finished 40th you got bigger issues to worry about than how far you are behind the leader !

#59 Ontheflipside

IQ test result - Negative :)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:45 AM

View Postgazza, on 04 April 2012 - 06:51 AM, said:

But there can be only one winner as they say, and thank god he's going in for his operation, at least it'll shut him up for a day or so :D

View Postoldslot, on 04 April 2012 - 09:49 AM, said:

Gawd your an ugly barstard
Spare a thought for the poor bugger that had to take the pic :wacko:
It can't be all that bad. I did remember I forgot

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2013 WRP / SCX Rally Proxy Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

Posted Image

#60 Yngwie

V8 Supercar Driver

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:56 AM

Garry, you might get a gig at Movieworld driving my car like this! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users