Nz Canam Proxy 2012 - Race Round 2

38 replies to this topic

#21 charlesx

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 02:20 PM

Following our local group meeting yesterday I confirm Round 2 will be held Sunday 22/4/2012 after I come back from holiday.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

#22 drw21

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 07:19 AM

Hi Chas, if you get time would you mind trimming the guide on my car please. It's the red #7 Lola T70 (assumming the rules allow you to do so)
I would have done it myself had I known the depth of the slot. Thanks Chas - Dave.

#23 charlesx

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 06:22 PM

Hi Dave (DRW21).

We may not need to do anything yet. Tried your car on GreenAcres yesterday (track for Round 3) and it was not a problem. Neither were the other two similarly affected.

The owner of "Plymouth" has checked depth of his slot (about 8mm) but he did note there was a bit of rubbish in places. At qualifying we cleaned out subject lane but all lanes will be thoroughly checked and cleaned out before racing on 22/4/2012. Probably a combination of colouring groove, some clear coat droplets, a few polystyrene pieces and other debris. As we normally only run standard guides this is not normally a problem.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

#24 SlotsNZ

Formula 1 Driver

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,771 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:49 PM

Hello All. Poor charles he has prpbably been busting to make comment for hours, as he sent the results through during the afternoon.
I was busy with unimportant trivia - watching V8 Supercars on TV (Round 2 in Hamilton :)

Anyway. here we go. The thing that just amazes me is how well most of the small "B" group cars did on a large, wide open track. First 4 places on Handicap.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Slots addict 1st class * Classic quote for 2019 "whaa whaa whoo, where is I " * My Track Oakland Raceway V2 | * | Club Website

#25 slotmadmac

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 06:20 PM

Thanks for the round Chas and team. Nice close racing by the look of the results. Good to see the old Spirit performing ok.

Mac

Edited by slotmadmac, 22 April 2012 - 06:27 PM.

Podiums are for short people.

#26 drw21

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 08:34 PM

Well done Chas and the Taranaki guys, great effort.
Just love how the handicap system allows slower cars to "beat" faster cars. Dave.

#27 Stubbo

Classic Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

Thanks Chas to you and your team.

Mixed results for the Victorian cars. Hopefully the next round will see some improvement.

Well done to the winners.
Alan Stubbings

#28 nitro0440

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 05:44 PM

Thanks Chas , and to your race team for running Round 2 , a good close racing going by the results , got to love the handicap system ... Well done to the top 3 place getters .

#29 Orakei Racer

Slotcar racer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:15 PM

Thanks Chas and your Team.

Congrads to the top 3, very close overall.

The tipping could have something to do with weight balance of the motor which is in a reverse s/w configuaration or something rubbing on the limit.

What is the problem corner - a left turn or right turn?
Orakei Racer

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!

#30 pitlane3

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:12 PM

Thanks Chas and all your helpers for this round.
The old Alfa still got some bite.

Hi Alan, I am from Victoria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)
"If one does not fail at times,
then one has not challenged himself."

Ferdinand Porsche

#31 Stubbo

Classic Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:21 PM

View Postpitlane3, on 23 April 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

I know, that's what I mean by mixed results. You did good Posted Imageand I did not so good.Posted Image .
Alan Stubbings

#32 pitlane3

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 07:43 PM

View PostStubbo, on 23 April 2012 - 07:21 PM, said:

View Postpitlane3, on 23 April 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

I know, that's what I mean by mixed results. You did good Posted Imageand I did not so good.Posted Image .

Wait till the next round, it might turn into a jojo again.
We might need to cut the cord to the south island. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"If one does not fail at times,
then one has not challenged himself."

Ferdinand Porsche

#33 charlesx

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

Hi Orakei,

The corner was a left hand one. We even restarted the race to try and see what the problem was in case there was something in the slot. All seemed OK. Only possibility was slightly proud joint in the copper tape300mm before corner but it did not affect any other cars. It did not seem too bad to me (very smooth) so we proceeded but driver still came off a couple of times despite caution. A small comment however is that posted results do not reflect correct lane colours. Blue lane was actually the middle one 17.3058 laps. Your cars time on Red lane was easily the best of the day19.3614 laps with only Slotmadmac getting close 19.2224 laps. These were in fact the only cars to beat the 19 lap mark.

Car conditions

All cars are in going order. The only problem so far apart from guide depth issue has been Hgpanel dropped wire out of guide during qualifying. I fixed before rerunning qualifying and it has been no problem since. Appeared wire was too tight in wire channel in chassis.

General comment

Final performance did not always reflect qualifying time but was probably a good indication of the cars general drivability over the longer time period.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

#34 hgpanel

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

Thanks for the repair work Chas, and thanks to the drivers and marshalls.

This being my first proxy, any info on how to get my cars going better in the future would be greatly appreciated.

I thought it might be a bit light on motor wise (orange endbell) so I was hoping it would handle well, but unfortunatly that looks not to be the case, any ideas guys? have I chosen the wrong tyres? (NSR Ultras from memory) do I need more weight?, or do I have to conceed I have built a crap car.

Once again thanks to all involved and look forward to the next round.

Regards

HGpanel

#35 slo1quick

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

Well I never thought I'd be warm to the idea of having another handicap to get me head around !!
Thanks for the run Chas and all the helpers! Well done to blokes up top!
Thanks for all your advise Alan .... Cee, I do listen :P :blink:
"Me Auntie's a Jack !!!"

#36 kalbfellp

Formula 1 Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,856 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 12:19 AM

Thanks to Charles and all the helpers involved in this round,and thanks to the drivers who did a great job with the Lola.

#37 charlesx

V8 Supercar Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 08:44 AM

Hi all.

Qualifying for Round 3 on Green Acres will be run shortly so watch this space. Will just have a quick check of the cars as we go but not expecting any problems.

Brother Paul will be doing the driving and me the recording.

Ta for the encouraging comments. We do our best.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

#38 lenny broke

7th runner up 1978 South Australian Womp Championship

• Auslotters
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,485 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:32 AM

Thanks to Charles and Co. for running tthis round and well done to Phil on the outright win
That was a very close result in Class B with less than half a lap separating the first 4.
Cheers Alan

#39 Orakei Racer

Slotcar racer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 05:41 PM

View Postcharlesx, on 23 April 2012 - 08:23 PM, said:

Hi Orakei,

The corner was a left hand one. We even restarted the race to try and see what the problem was in case there was something in the slot. All seemed OK. Only possibility was slightly proud joint in the copper tape300mm before corner but it did not affect any other cars. It did not seem too bad to me (very smooth) so we proceeded but driver still came off a couple of times despite caution. A small comment however is that posted results do not reflect correct lane colours. Blue lane was actually the middle one 17.3058 laps. Your cars time on Red lane was easily the best of the day19.3614 laps with only Slotmadmac getting close 19.2224 laps. These were in fact the only cars to beat the 19 lap mark.

Car conditions

All cars are in going order. The only problem so far apart from guide depth issue has been Hgpanel dropped wire out of guide during qualifying. I fixed before rerunning qualifying and it has been no problem since. Appeared wire was too tight in wire channel in chassis.

General comment

Final performance did not always reflect qualifying time but was probably a good indication of the cars general drivability over the longer time period.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Thanks Chas for the feedback.

Suspect could be the balance of the motor being can end mounted.

Be interesting to see if it is an issue in Round 3.
Orakei Racer

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users