chrisfromcrewe

Siggarette Sponsorship. Who Knows What.

uselotuscopy.jpg

My son loves these old cars. He has a great collection. I found this late on Sunday night on ebay at a rare price. When it arrived it had lots of little horse shoe things where the original sponsor should have been. I had a sheet of these Jim Platter Special logo's left over from before my Alps printer went to me her maker so I gave it a makeover.

OK there is a ban on tobacco advertising but why should we deny history in favour of some misplaced stupid law which says "it might have happened but now we must pretend it didn't". Am I breaking the law, are you breaking the law publishing the picture. I have sold cars with tubbyaccco liveries on ebay without any interference from them (ebay) at all.

I always misspell the header to avoid being swept up by flash lawyers trying to make as buck .

I did get one item removed, a gold car with black logo's by ebay after a complaint by "lawyers acting on behalf of" a certain cigarette company. They didn't like me using the logo. Now you would have thought that having their cancer sticks promoted on a slot car would have been acceptable to them, wouldn't you ? I wanted to tell them they killed my dad but I didn't think it would help my case.

So what's the law, anyone know. On the subject of political correctness has anyone seen Blazing Saddles recently. The censor would wear out his bleeper on that which is why it's been left alone, I guess...

Ashes to ashes funk to funky we all know Chris is a junkie.

don't know the rules - as a kid I didn't no JPS and Gitanes were cigarettes (I had heard of Winfield and Marlboro though ) all seems a bit silly to me - but i guess they are classified as toys.

btw nice find I would be pretty happy if I could pick one up

cheers

David

Sunday night late on 10.00pm UK time. That's about 9.00am in the morning to you. I think. Great selection always from Steve Cannon, "Triplex" highly respected, reliable and honest dealer.

Never understood this whole thing . I grew up in the late 60's through the 70's and into the 80's and was an avid Formula One fan but never felt the inclination to take up smoking . I tried a few years ago to get some computer cut lettring for my bike when I resprayed it and they refused to cut the word Marlboro , I had to order them as individual letters and then arrange them on the backing paper myself . The world truly has gone mad . Look at plastic model kits from the late 90's onwards and you will find no swastikas on the box art of German aircraft. God love all the do gooders , if we sanitise things enough it never happened . Frightens me to death actually for that old adage is very very very true that he who forgets history is doomed to repeat it .

Edited by Mr Ford

The older I get the faster I was .

Simple fact is we all play with TOYS. Until they work out that they can sell "model cars" with alcohol or smoke liveries in brown paper bags to over 18's I think we stuffed

Love,

Kai smileyhawk.jpg

Better stock up on the booze related liveries. They're likely to be next in the radar.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Better stock up on the booze related liveries. They're likely to be next in the radar.

when i saw the v8 jim beam car i thought they were going to sell us one... nope.... they didn't...

i resprayed a vt commodore, and decaled it with tooheys... sold it to a bloke in italy.

As best as I can remember without digging up all the tobacco legislation notes I have stuufed away in some filing cabinet, it is not illegal for an individual to purchase or sell items with tobacco advertising on it. It is illegal for retailers, wholesalers companies etc to sell or advertise though. This is in Australia. How do retailers sell slot cars with tobacco liveries? They are taking a risk and flying under the radar.

cheers

rick1776

Just noticed this morning that a certain slot car manufacturer is offering a WEST sponsored car with all the logo's intact. Sorry no pictures might be a copyright issue. Any Slat It dealers might oblige.

The SLOT-IT Lancia LC2/85 in West livery is the first release of this derivative of the LC2, and SLOT-IT have done a very nice job of the decoration which includes full tobacco logos.

Edited by chrisfromcrewe

So whats with this sponsorship logo. Does this mean the L34 HDT car will come out with Malboro decals?f051102.jpg

ok....you try racing with one eye closed.