Oz Rally Round 11 Shelmore Park

kalbfellp

The cars arrived last week and Haystack unpacked and check them over on Saturday for me.Three cars needed some gear adjustment, Stigs,Jimmi,s and Team Reds. Mowhawks car also need the rear wheel gluing back on as it came off during the shake down on Monday. Several of the cars are well down on tyres and are showing a lot of wear since round 1.

Stage one was completed yesterday.

Stage1sorted.jpg

The SCX pro cars were very easy to drive and certainly suited the May Park track.

This pic is from last year, a little more scenery has been added since.

Trackhigh-1.jpg

Pics will follow after Stage 2.Which may not be until next week.

Hard to believe it's the last round already. Thanks for going Phil.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Hey Phil ,I'm like Gaz ,I almost forgot this one. Your most probably running it as I write. Was it only adjust or is it showing signs of wear . But thats what I want to see the pointy end. Driving well,keep it up or I'll send the Bro in-inlaw up from Cygnet to make sure your doing it right :D . Waiting on the next stage.

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Craig The gear problem was easily fixed with some adjustment.

Hope it was a big hammer Phil :P

I missed the start of this as well, been on the move daily the last month or so. I do not find this site to easy to navigate on my Andriod Phone :angry:

Enjoy the last stage :)

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Stage 2 has been run and won! Bloody Stig again!

Team Red looked like winning this round easily BUT with about 3 laps to go his car clipped the scenery and a tyre come off the wheel.

Running in this direction certainly produced some different results.

Stage2-1.jpg

Congratulations to Stig, Craig and Ben M.

Jazzbells car like Craigs is very smooth and great to drive BUT just had too much grip for this track. Several of the cars are suffering from worn tyres. Lenny's braid are all but gone.

Congratulations to Mohwakk his wheels all stayed on this time.

FinalResults.jpg

Pics and some more comments to follow over the weekend.

Thanks to all entrants and hosts for a great proxy event.

I will leave it to Mark to post the final points standings as he has done a great job in keeping us upto date with the points.

BUT I am sure Jazzbells Great car is still a clear winnner.Congratulations.

Edited by kalbfellp

Nice way to finish off the series!!!!!! Nice work Phil, thanks for running the round. Just noticed the gap between you and me in the second stage, there was about a stand of braid in it. Story of the year really, very close results.

A podium followed by 24hrs of mountain biking on the weekend, im a happy boy :)

Some slot (and MTB) vids NOW SHOWING

Well done Phil. Congratulations to "The Stig" (about time the helmet came of to be revealed eh?), Craig (now holds the lap record on my track) and Ben (seems to be building some serious cars lately - might have to get the "mafia" from Griffith to pay him a visit :lol: :lol: :lol: ). My car was at least consistant, running mid field during the season. Not bad though for stock standard SCX.

Thanks to all entrants for showing up to make another good event. Thanks to all the hosts and helpers.

Now for many of us - onto the SCX version

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Been slack, on earlies so missed the final round update last night from Phil - not to worry.... Here are the final results after R11 results processed.

2012_OzProxy_R11.jpg

Well done to the R11 podium winners and to the series champion Jazzbell and his lovely bridesmaid's Stig and Team Red.

Commiserations to Slo1quick and Oldslot who probably wishes that R11 never happened.

Mark

And so it's all over.

Congratulations to everyone for a great series. Well done to the round 11 winners and a huge hats off to Jazzbell for building such a dominant car.

There is much to learn about this rally racing. I am curious about the extremes of performance in a number of cars and why it happens yet some cars are far more consistent. Seems like I might need to build a rally track as well.

Well done Phil on running such a well organised series. Thanks to all the hosts and helpers.

Cheers

Edited by Stubbo

Alan Stubbings

Well done. Well run. Well won.

Congratulations to this round's podium winners, Stig, Red, Ben. Big congratulations to Jazzbell for the run away car of the series. And to the other lads in the rarified air at the upper end of the ladder.

Last round did a good job of sorting out most of the tied positions. But still fairly close in the upper cluster.

A big thank you to all the hosts. Huge job running a proxy round I would think. Great job folks. Hope you had fun.

Great job of getting it all together and going Phil. And thanks also to the official barrel girl, Miveson.

Commiserations to Boltz and FCC. I feel for you guys, I've been there. I remember very well what it was like guys. But please give it another go.

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Yeeehaaa the wheels stayed on... thats a win right there! :P

Went from 9th in round 1 to.... well anyways I'm sorta looking forward to getting the old girl back :D

Thank you to the series director

To everyone who hosted a round

To the winner and place getters, and everyone who competed!!!

And Miveson who made sense of the results and put them in an easy to read format.

Love,

Kai smileyhawk.jpg