San Phoeno Rally Track V3

phoeno29

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been getting a few hours here and there to do some more over the holidays. Mainly planting the trees that Santa bought. Have drilled holes for the pin on the bottom of the base of the tree to go into so i can move them around as my tastes change and photo opportunities present.

Making a few signs, a tv tower, and planning the house/control tower/viewing platform.

Nothing major and most of my time is spend looking at the table from different angles, thinking and making decisions or taking photos on the iphone.

Speaking of...

b3c47656518511e28c1022000a9e08e0_7.jpg

b5225d78509111e29e6f22000a9e2992_7.jpg

8d3352d651ae11e2b38022000a9e070a_7.jpg

70d67a804b3411e2962d22000a1f9aa0_7.jpg

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

Love the nose of the lonely Fiesta poking out of the shed. Brilliant shot. Would be even better if it was a somewhat bent nose.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Embs

Ps: still trying to find room for a rally track.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Thanks SlotsNZ for the kind words. I guessed all of those hits on the web site are yours !

Thanks Enbs and KK, love both your works !

And big thanks to Dangermouse for dropping by today, was excellent to see some cars other than my own go around, to talk about the local scene, scenery, tracks, proxies and everything else was most enjoyable....... and the camera is mega cool.

Hope all have a great 2013 !

• 8 months later...

Hi all,

Been a while since my last post/update here. With heavy workload, winter and bike stuff on the go, slots had dropped down the pecking order of life a little.

Anyway, being Fathers Day, got a few hours to 'go play' which was great, kinda like therapy in a way.

Started working on the fruit farm at the right hand end of the track, more on this later when completed.

In the meantime, took my two new cars (Birthday pressies) for a quick spin.

They look great and I think I am in love with the Ninco Lancia Stratos.

18724af012d911e3933022000aa8032d_7.jpg

The Ninco Lancia 037 in Martini Colours isn't bad either.....

d36c63cc12d911e3b7d622000a1f968a_7.jpg

Fruit orchard updates to come when completed.

Lovely pics as always Phoeno.

Your tracks inspired me to do scenery when I got into slots, and I actually referred two people to your site in the last couple of months after they saw the start of my scenery on my latest track.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Great work Phoeno.

BTW: How are those two Lancias? They look brilliant. Been lacking a Stratos on the shelf...

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Thanks SlotsNZ, always appreciate the comments and glad my work helped out :0

Embs. not 100% sure yet, 5 laps at 9v wasn't enough. They both have the NC14 Slotter motor or something, i was expected the NC5 so a tad surprized.

The Stratos had a major squeek but one of the suspension springs had dropped out of its holder so will fix it up during the week, glue motors etc and try again.

Hi Phoeno29.

Great photos. Most interested to see your two birthday presents. Lucky you.

On the Ninco Lancia Stratos and 037 they are the first ones I have seen out of box. Most interested to know basic dimensions if you do not mind taking the time to measure.

Overall length, maximum width and wheelbase would be sufficient.

Saw a picture of the Team Slot Stratos recently but it looked significantly wider. May have been an optical allusion? I had heard that the Ninco version was plenty wide anyway.

See you also noted problem with Stratos. How were the wheels on these two cars because my last Ninco rally car was below the standard expected.

Hoping you can assist.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

Have been working on the planned control tower a little over the long weekend.

I have had this kicking around in my head for a while but just couldn't 'see it' on the track. Sometimes it was the size I had in mind wasn't going to look right in the space I had allocated, the styling of the building wasn't right, too simple, sometimes too over the top for a converted farm track.

Eventually I struck a balance of size vs simplicity vs ease of build vs style.

I have gone with 6mm balsa sheet for the walls and square 12.5mm balsa for the corners of the building for strength.

There will be mirrored (not perfectly mirrored) glass windows as there is nothing to see inside the building. Cardboard backed, chrome looking stuff.

A verandah will be added in time to the top level, after the windows and roof.

The plan is to have the spectators (aka homies) looking out from the verandah over the track, like you do at Lakeside Raceway in Brisbane, somewhere I have spent a little bit of time over the years.

A canteen is planned for the ground level along with a toilet and stairs to go to the top levels. (3 levels in total)

Overall so far so good. A few daggy bits need tiding up and sanding back before painting. The thick 6mm balsa cuts pretty well but occasionally 'chips' away at the edges. Nothing that can't be filled and sanded back to get a nice tidy finish.

A decent square and stanley knife with sharp blade certainly helped get this off to a good start.... thanks Bunnings.

A few progress picks....

control tower 1.JPG

control tower 2.JPG

control tower 3.JPG

control tower 4.JPG

Looks a bit illegal to me. Can't see any safety scaffolding for the workers anywhere :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

• 3 months later...

Your not getting out of it that easy :P

Where has this gone? ^_^;)

control%20tower%204.JPG

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg