Sign in to follow this  
Tormentor

Digital Plugs Swap Or One Each?

The price of a digital plug adds anything up to 50% to the cost of a car so how many folk have a chip for every car and how many swap the chips between cars to allow racing?

I'm sure there's a middle ground so if you "raced" sedans what ratio of chips to cars would you think is best... I generally have 5 cars on the track.

Do you run cars in different classes, eg: V8's and GT, maybe ten chips so you can run one group and then change cars for a different race without changing chips. I used to get another chip every 2nd or 3rd car I bought, and you'll find you get a good collection of chips fairly quick.

Personally I like one each, especially with InCar-Pro which can provide motor/torque curves specific for each car. The curve stays in the chip, and remains after power-off so they can be set up in advance.

Ian

Linux: A '90s reincarnation of a '80s Operating System based on a '70s design philosophy

InCar-PRO: Chip Main Page

One each. Easy to strip it out if you get bored with that car or get a new car that is more deserving...

gallery_4291_493_4007.jpg

.............................PM me for C7042 Aux to PC cables............or Pit-Pro...

I have 6 digital plugs, one for each lane as a base set. The as Ian suggests I have one each class we race. Generally we race 2 classes per night and I have two matching cars per class so just swap between cars withion class. When it comes to solder in chips I initially put one in each new car, biut more recently am using chips out of cars I am either not running or only running infrequently. I tend now to run these in analogiue.

Personally I like one each, especially with InCar-Pro which can provide motor/torque curves specific for each car. The curve stays in the chip, and remains after power-off so they can be set up in advance.

Ian

Hi Ian,

This may be a dumb question but how do I change motor/torque curves in the chip after flashing it with InCar-Pro?

Chris

Edited by chris99