Overheating Cars

Tormentor

Anyone had a problem with the Lambo super resistant cars overheating when on restricted power?

I adjusted the power on two cars so my younger racers crashed a little less. Having raced for several minutes one of the Lambo's stuttered and stopped, but the motor revved :o

Sounding like the pinion had given up I was surprised as the car hadn't done too many hours. So off to the workshop.

Having taken the body off I discovered that the mounts for the motor had melted and the motor was no longer in contact with the drive gear.

So is this a problem with running on half power or is it a cooling issue with the Lambo's or a dodgy motor?

The controller was operated with the trigger fully deprssed for some time.

I now have a digital chip and spare other bits ready for the next DPR car I buy.

Thanks.

• 9 months later...

DPR is yet another Scalextric TLA (three letter acronym). Stands for Digital Plug Ready.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Yup. The plug in chip rather than the solder in chip.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction