Camber

Some 1/24 Hard Body Builds

Well have started the ball rolling on my 1/24 nascar scored this today

$T2eC16hHJGIE9nnWsyHeBRM60Fc3b!~~60_57.JPG

Edited by jimmi

A good choice, Paul's Monte Carlo posted the fastest lap times on all lanes last night.

If you're looking for a huge supply of Nascar 1/24 decals check these guys out

http://www.mikesdecals.com/

The Powerslide and Slixx decals are way better than Patto's.

Hoo Roo

Ok here is my 1st 1/24 build, had it's 1st run last night at Penrith Slot Centre on the tri-oval it was awesome still got to sought my Camber Custom Wheels out to go on it but very happy

Thanks to Jimmy(With a Y) for the interior looks a treat, Got my other 2 Nascar kits last night and a MJK chassis .

485526_4965030963049_859008127_n.jpg

Cheers,

Jimmi

Got my other 2 Nascar kits last night and a MJK chassis .

Looks like the bug has bitten Jimmi :wub:

These cars are sensational to race with, especially in a pack of good drivers. :ph34r:

- Cam

Hoo Roo

Latest build inspired from Jim's 458, I've had this Revell kit sitting on the shelf for ages so pulled my finger out and got it done for our 1/24 GT class. It's got a Chetah under the hood so has some sting, but will be left behind by the Honda's I think.

ju5z.jpg

9c9y.jpg

c9h1.jpg

4xm.jpg

Cheers,

- Cam

Hoo Roo

nice Cam, what chassis is it sitting on? I would doubt it will be left behind by any of the JGT cars, it should be faster due to having no restrictions, it will have the same footprint as the Honda but you should be able to get it to handle better and maintain corner speed. (I'm only going off my Honda Vs my Modern GT's)

What does the kit body weigh?

Paul NZ - Scale with Detail!

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

Thanks Paul,

I didn't have any Plafit chassis left and had a Scholer kicking around for a while so stuck that under it for now. I would like to use a SLPJ and will probably mount it up after the APC. Body weight with angle mounts is 42.5 grams, 165 grams all up.

Cheers,

- Cam

Hoo Roo

Hi Cam, with the SLPJ use the black 10mm weights and you should be right on 45 grams which is what you want.

Be interesting to see when you are done and how it goes.

Paul

Paul NZ - Scale with Detail!

Narangba Club Local

Gold Coast Raceway 09

Well the Ferrari was pretty ordinary so I've just finished another car for our Thursday night 1/24 GT racing. I won this body at the Adelaide MCN so thought I'd do something with it.

Goes pretty sweet with the Chetah and Plafit SLPJ setup.

6qzj.jpg

uwgb.jpg

bfg3.jpg

7bq3.jpg

Looking forward to giving it a run against Chris' similarly setup Audi R8 and Jim's old Honda NSX rocket.

Cheers,

- Cam

Hoo Roo

Been working on this puppy on and off for about 3 months, Scaleauto Z4 for Hornsby 2014.

nxh3.jpg

67ft.jpg

tfoj.jpg

rydh.jpg

Cheers,

- Cam

Hoo Roo

Guest jazzbell

As my kids say cam,that's fully sick dad.

Awesome Cam.

Regards shane a

Team thunderbird

Nice job on the Z4s, Cam. How did you achieve the satin black finish? What's the quality of the decals from Decaldoc like?

Cheers

Kirk

Hi Captain,

I just sprayed about 3 coats of matt clear over the top.

Decals are very good quality, they have a foil backer which goes on the car first to prevent colour bleed through so take a while to put

on.

Cheers,

- Cam

Hoo Roo

Thanks Cam. I've just been to the decaldoc site and had a look around. They have a good range of decals for GT cars. I couldn't see any instructions regarding the foil backing - which I assume is supplied when posted. Are the decals water slide? I'm guessing they are. Is the foil water slide? Does that ever move around when applying the printed decal over the top? I mean does the application of the printed decal, being wet, cause the foil to become unstuck again. To be overly critical, some of their colours look a little off, but you get that everywhere. I imagine some colours are hard to match with printed inks available. Cheers.

Edited by Captain