Sign in to follow this  
quainy

Newbie In Adelaide...

Hi All,

My son and i have just got a Platnium digital set, took us a while to get the setup working but having fun already.... when we are allowed to setup in the lounge room :-S

Riley is only 3 and thinks flat out and crashing is funny.... well it is isn't it?

looking at all the options for connecting the powerbase to a computer is starting to do my head in already of whats on offer. Has anyone in adelaide got this running. would love to have a look.

Currently looking for a car for Riley but can't seem to get a Lightning McQueen any where, looks like it's sold out ervery where, some on ebay but asking a small forturne. anyone know where i can get one? going to place an add in the wanted section... fingers crossed

this is our track

2012-02-26162517.jpg

Welcome aboard.

ArmchairRacer list both Lightning and Francesco available in the Carrera 1:32 versions, here. But only Francesco left in the Scalextric rendition.

Happy hunting.

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Thanks Embs,

So will the Carrera 1:32 versions run ok on the scalextric track and would i be able to convert them to scalextric digital?

Yup. it will. The guide may need a little attention and trimming but you should be able to chip it without any problems.

Essentially all of the 1:32 analogue cars will run on any 1:32 track. And 99% of them can be fitted with a Scalex chip, just a matter of perseverance.

I'm afraid can't help with chipping tips, but I'm sure there'll be someone here who can.

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

The Carrera Willys needed a heap of trimming to the guide - even to the optional guide for other tracks - when running on a SCX track with lane crossovers. Thinning, some height reduction (not too much), plus trimming the back of the guide shorter using a 45 degree angle (I used my Excel mitre box and saw for that) so as it lifts up out of the slot the guide is longer than when it is fully seated.

On chipping other brands of cars, that new Schiechler book has a lot on that. Didn't look too easy though. Some of my cars don't have enough room inside for those chips.

Also, that looked a bit like the SCX 1/43 scale 'Compact' track I gave to one of my friends' kids (I got it free, long story involving Amazon stuff ups). That is a REALLY nicely made track - much better than their 1/32 track - but a little brittle in the joining plugs when attaching the tight fitting crossover pieces. The bank support design is REALLY nice though, simple but very effective and easy to assemble and disassemble. SCX should really be selling it here in Australia. Much better than the Carrera Go system.

Edited by Burglar

ff48s6.jpg