Ozrally Proxy Series - Round 10 Mopoke Ridge

Slo

Hi all and specially to podiumits and organisers. Great job and a good example of how a proxy event should be run.

Suppose I can stop moaning now I have a top 20 finish (17th). Had even higher hopes after shakedown at 11th but it was still a great improvement even if just probably a track that suited my car better.

Looking forward to last stint in Tassie although I expect it will be back to my regular place as tail end Charlie. Whatever I have really enjoyed my first rally proxy (second ever proxy) and certainly look forward to next.

All the best to my cuzzies on West Island from across the ditch. Will no doubt meet some of you (your cars anyway) while competing and helping run the 2012 Canam Proxy in "Godsown".

Chas Le Breton

Here is a bit of a summary to how the cars performed, 'X' indicates the preferred surface for a particular car. Some cars performed similar on both surfaces. The Gloss had much more grip than the ferrodor once the temperature warmed up, generally cars would not drift smoothly on the later making it hard to get the power on early. We found the the gloss enamel much easier to drive most cars on and given the abrassive nature of the ferrodor I dont think I would bother using it on any tracks I build in the future.

The Ferrodor was the 'St. Enoch grey Ferrodor'

Theres a lot nice cars to drive in this bunch.

cheers

MopokeRidgeSummary-1.jpg