Guest jazzbell

Show Us Your Scaleauto 1/24

My son Michaels Merc. Pattos decals and clear (enough said) then brushed with floor sealant

merc1.jpg

merc2.jpg

My Jag, decals by me with a matt clear

jag1.jpg

jag2.jpg

All our ScaleAuto cars handle differently on the new track at tbirds, the viper is a little taily, the merc quite driveable and the jag sticks like glue. but still about a second of the pace of the times run at the enduro

Edited by imugford

Ian, Shane tells me they cleaned the track. Without the rubber build up I doubt anyone will be going quick.

Shame about the Merc, I think that body has great potential.

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

Nice work on the Jag livery Imugford and yeah shame about the Merc , hoping that doesn't happen when I hit mine with the clear.

I've recently purchased a pre-painted Audi myself ( Phoenix Racing flat.EX livery ) , along with an Audi white kit which I've almost finished painting . Just needs sponsor decals , numbers and a coat of clear and she'll be finished .

Colours are camel yellow , black and semi gloss black .

WP_20141204_17_04_18_Pro1_zpsd9aff5ee.jpg

Auslot%20strap_zps3mobysvo.jpg

Browse through my albums:https://www.facebook...kevwilsondesign

Nice work on the Jag livery Imugford and yeah shame about the Merc , hoping that doesn't happen when I hit mine with the clear.

If your using Pattos decals NOT use spray clear!!! Gloss coat your body, fit the decals and use "long life" self shining floor polish. Use a soft brush to apply the milky polish but onces its dried it looks good.

Hi Ian,

I've used tamiya clear on patto decals before but i use a bit of a process to do so. When applying the decal I apply some decal setting solution over the decal with a cotton bud to seal it and let the decals set before applying the clear. when you first spray just do a light coat, just a dusting and let that dry for an hour or so, then repeat with another light coat and leave to dry again. repeat again if your not sure. I'll then leave it for a few more hours to dry then add a heavier coat or two after that. The trick is spray light coats to start with. This way works for me, others may have their own way of going about though.

Alan

Edited by lenny broke

The other thing iff using Patto's is to get his peel and stick decals. They are very thin and fit curves pretty good.They can be oversprayed with clear with none of the problems that his new style waterslide decals have.

Can't wait to see that Audi finish

I can't wait to see it finished Jan , certainly taking me long enough .

No I'm not using Patto's on this body Imugford but thanks for the advice regarding the application of the decals / clear anyway guy's ....cheers

Kev

Auslot%20strap_zps3mobysvo.jpg

Browse through my albums:https://www.facebook...kevwilsondesign

Kev, i'm doing my own decals with my bubblejet. its a bit of mucking around getting them to the right size but worth the effort when you get a one of a kind slot car :) like my viper

Hi Fola,

Showing off again.....very beautiful Vipers indeed.

Neither of them should be Scale Auto, as both have rear wings on that are much bigger than what are in the kits. But......that aside, the one at the back is my choice as being an actual Scale Auto body. The one in front must be one of your own masterpieces.

Cheers,

Jan

'The older I get the faster I was.'

The antenna and the black blob on the roof give it away. Number 93

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

Hey Fola, I'll speak to my people, but I think we just might be able to squeeze you onto our enduro team this February if you are interested :D:wub:

Edited by Camber

Hoo Roo

Hi guys,

Watch the Special Events section on this forum over the next two weeks as we will again make sure all our car regulations (for 2015) in this class are fine tuned to fit what is required in this highly competitive and nationally enjoyable class.

At our opening endurance race in February, we will be hosting some of the greatest model cars racers from Europe and holders of multiple world championship titles.

Cheers,

Jan

Hi guys,

Watch the Special Events section on this forum over the next two weeks as we will again make sure all our car regulations (for 2015) in this class are fine tuned to fit what is required in this highly competitive and nationally enjoyable class.

At our opening endurance race in February, we will be hosting some of the greatest model cars racers from Europe and holders of multiple world championship titles.

Cheers,

Jan

Hey Jan can you see if you can get a live link to the event for those of us that can not be there.

Also it would be great get any car set up tips from the top racers and builders.

Ray

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

2017 Plafit FLM Edurance Champion

Team Thunderbird

Ray,

The man to ask about the live link will be Shane (our event organiser) or James, the owner of HSC.

As for car setup tips - I think you'll find most are covered already under 'Car Notes' as posted after your SA event, under the relevant event section.

Cheers,

Jan

Ray,

The man to ask about the live link will be Shane (our event organiser) or James, the owner of HSC.

As for car setup tips - I think you'll find most are covered already under 'Car Notes' as posted after your SA event, under the relevant event section.

Cheers,

Jan

Hi Jan thanks for the reply yes the 'Car Notes' were very helpful. Just thought there might be some new trends coming over with the overseas talent. Always looking to build a better mousetrap.

Merry Christmas

Ray

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

2017 Plafit FLM Edurance Champion

Team Thunderbird

Hi guys,

All the regulations for national racing of these cars have now been updated and you can find them in the Special Events section, under the 2015 1/24th scale OAPR LMP and Scale Auto GT Racing for 2015.

Cheers,

Jan