Guest jazzbell

Show Us Your Scaleauto 1/24

From my experience with Scaleauto bearings you might be better off with the bushes

Edited by Garry J

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

From my experience with Scaleauto bearings you might be better off with the bushes

Agreed. I smashed three in practice for the Hornsby enduro earlier this year.

Mike

Regards

Mike

Team Funhouse Racing

That looks sharp.

Great job.

- Cam

Ps what clear did you use?

Edited by Camber

Hoo Roo

Hi guys,

The good news is that the first pre-painted Viper body has been released (the GTS-R Official Team livery) - in both a RTR car SC-7057

imagejpg4-1.jpg

and a painted RTR body SC-7057b.

imagejpg6-1.jpg

The lexan interior and window kit has also been released SC-7908 and so too the Viper metal body mounts SC- 8131.

imagejpg5-1.jpg

Please note, that the a new universal adjustable body mount has been release and that it will be evaluated and tested to see if it can be included into our National Regulations for this class.

Watch this space for all the new Scale Auto GT developments.

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

'The older I get the faster I was.'

Hi guys,

Busy working on one of the new Vipers and I must say the body is light.....

imagejpg3.jpg

....this is including the body mounts (but not the two body-to-chassis plates, about 5 grams) and lexan interior/window set and roll cage.......only need some paint and glue to finish. I would venture a guess that it will get close to the required 55grams as per our national rules.

And here is the completed body after painting and fully assembled, ready for racing. Obviously the paint and glue have added about 5 grams. It is my experience that the white bodies always weigh more after painting than the factory pre painted versions., even when only adding decals and just covering it all with a clear coat.

imagejpg6-2.jpg

If any of you are wondering what the lexan interior, window and roll cage on it's own weigh...

imagejpg2-1.jpg

....so with some paint, it will be just over 4 grams.

An interesting revelation has been the two front grills and two wings included in the white kit.

imagejpg1-7.jpg

The one grill is solid and you don't need the photo edged part behind it. The one wing is obviously aimed at the racer and you even get a set of rubber wing mounts to mount it with.

I will post more photo's as I progress with this very nice project.

Cheers,

Jan

Can't wait to see your chassis setup Jan,

Ian,

Whilst I will try the new chassis, without the magnet box (as we will not be using it at national level) - I will probably use one of my older chassis, which have already been blue printed and setup. If you want to see any of them, you should be able to find some info amongst some of the previous posts in this thread.

Cheers,

Jan

Guest jazzbell

Mines ready to rock and roll.

Hopefully my lexan interior shows up today.

Regards Shane a

Team nsr

willowone: still like mine better :)

Your Mopar/Viper design looks great imugord , hope to see it at Thunderbird Raceway sometime

If Scaleauto do that one Willow I will be buying it

:)

I like it too dangermouse , came across it on a facebook page I've been following for a while .... Check out this link www.icar-indoor.com/ , they are a slot car community in Barcelona . Have seen a number of great looking 1/24th scale Sportscar

and Prototype cars there , well worth the visit .

Kev W

Edited by willowone

Auslot%20strap_zps3mobysvo.jpg

Browse through my albums:https://www.facebook...kevwilsondesign

Willow: I've been going Saturday mornings for a few hours with my lad playing with flexis on the king, won't be there for the next three weeks though

Hi guys,

Gave the Viper it's first run today and it felt good.

imagejpg3-3.jpg

The balance of the body is rather rear bias and this concerned me initially.

imagejpg4-2.jpg

But it turned out to be no problem.

imagejpg5-2.jpg

I agree with Ian, the front end is not very strong and I have made sure to glue the grill and light inserts very well. I am hoping by doing so that it will bond the complete front of the body together and support the structure. Another section that is a bit of a worry, is the rear diffuser and under tray - the complete structure needs careful glueing and assembly or it will come off quite easily if the car get's rear ended during racing.......I suppose if one get challenged by a faster driver during racing, it will be best to let him pass, rather than try to stay ahead and possibly suffer rear end damage.

Looking forward to racing it next week during two race meetings that we have scheduled.

Cheers,

Jan

Nice looking car Jan as usual.

It looks very low to the track and room at the front for full polar length.

Should be a good runner.

Cheers,

- Cam

Hoo Roo

Cam,

Thanks mate.

Never been an American car fan, but when it comes to slotracing I will use what works - so we'll see how it goes when the chips are down.

Cheers,

Jan

Looks good Jan. Be interesting to see how it goes on club night.

Re comparative performance .. How about we explore using the carbon wing kit on some of the bodies that are'nt as competitive.. ( except for the Porsche.. it seems fast enough) .. Well yours does, anyway. <_<

Edited by axman

Ian,

I have just converted one of my running chassis to fit. But I will try the new chassis in the next few days too. The new chassis is very nice and straight and the weight is looking good too. The only thing we need to do is remove the magnet box and I will probably fill in the magnet hole with some lead for a start. I might also replace the H-plate with an original aluminium H-plate. BTW, I see these are available as part #SC-8101al - being what was on the original Porsches and BMW's before the factory decided to ship the RTR cars with steel H-plates.

I know that Shane is running his with the new chassis, so you should check with him too.

Cheers,

Jan

Shane is waiting for the new track to run his Viper. Should be ready soon.

Ray

Edited by Ratracer

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

2017 Plafit FLM Edurance Champion

Team Thunderbird