Show Us Your Scaleauto 1/24

Guest jazzbell

willowone: still like mine better :)

Your Mopar/Viper design looks great imugord , hope to see it at Thunderbird Raceway sometime

If Scaleauto do that one Willow I will be buying it

:)

I like it too dangermouse , came across it on a facebook page I've been following for a while .... Check out this link www.icar-indoor.com/ , they are a slot car community in Barcelona . Have seen a number of great looking 1/24th scale Sportscar

and Prototype cars there , well worth the visit .

Kev W

Edited by willowone

Auslot%20strap_zps3mobysvo.jpg

Browse through my albums:https://www.facebook...kevwilsondesign

Hi guys,

Gave the Viper it's first run today and it felt good.

imagejpg3-3.jpg

The balance of the body is rather rear bias and this concerned me initially.

imagejpg4-2.jpg

But it turned out to be no problem.

imagejpg5-2.jpg

I agree with Ian, the front end is not very strong and I have made sure to glue the grill and light inserts very well. I am hoping by doing so that it will bond the complete front of the body together and support the structure. Another section that is a bit of a worry, is the rear diffuser and under tray - the complete structure needs careful glueing and assembly or it will come off quite easily if the car get's rear ended during racing.......I suppose if one get challenged by a faster driver during racing, it will be best to let him pass, rather than try to stay ahead and possibly suffer rear end damage.

Looking forward to racing it next week during two race meetings that we have scheduled.

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

'The older I get the faster I was.'

Looks good Jan. Be interesting to see how it goes on club night.

Re comparative performance .. How about we explore using the carbon wing kit on some of the bodies that are'nt as competitive.. ( except for the Porsche.. it seems fast enough) .. Well yours does, anyway. <_<

Edited by axman

Ian,

I have just converted one of my running chassis to fit. But I will try the new chassis in the next few days too. The new chassis is very nice and straight and the weight is looking good too. The only thing we need to do is remove the magnet box and I will probably fill in the magnet hole with some lead for a start. I might also replace the H-plate with an original aluminium H-plate. BTW, I see these are available as part #SC-8101al - being what was on the original Porsches and BMW's before the factory decided to ship the RTR cars with steel H-plates.

I know that Shane is running his with the new chassis, so you should check with him too.

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

Shane is waiting for the new track to run his Viper. Should be ready soon.

Ray

Edited by Ratracer

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

2017 Plafit FLM Edurance Champion

Team Thunderbird

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

My son Michaels Merc. Pattos decals and clear (enough said) then brushed with floor sealant

merc1.jpg

merc2.jpg

My Jag, decals by me with a matt clear

jag1.jpg

jag2.jpg

All our ScaleAuto cars handle differently on the new track at tbirds, the viper is a little taily, the merc quite driveable and the jag sticks like glue. but still about a second of the pace of the times run at the enduro

Edited by imugford

• 2 weeks later...

Nice work on the Jag livery Imugford and yeah shame about the Merc , hoping that doesn't happen when I hit mine with the clear.

I've recently purchased a pre-painted Audi myself ( Phoenix Racing flat.EX livery ) , along with an Audi white kit which I've almost finished painting . Just needs sponsor decals , numbers and a coat of clear and she'll be finished .

Colours are camel yellow , black and semi gloss black .

WP_20141204_17_04_18_Pro1_zpsd9aff5ee.jpg

Nice work on the Jag livery Imugford and yeah shame about the Merc , hoping that doesn't happen when I hit mine with the clear.

If your using Pattos decals NOT use spray clear!!! Gloss coat your body, fit the decals and use "long life" self shining floor polish. Use a soft brush to apply the milky polish but onces its dried it looks good.

Hi Ian,

I've used tamiya clear on patto decals before but i use a bit of a process to do so. When applying the decal I apply some decal setting solution over the decal with a cotton bud to seal it and let the decals set before applying the clear. when you first spray just do a light coat, just a dusting and let that dry for an hour or so, then repeat with another light coat and leave to dry again. repeat again if your not sure. I'll then leave it for a few more hours to dry then add a heavier coat or two after that. The trick is spray light coats to start with. This way works for me, others may have their own way of going about though.

Alan

Edited by lenny broke

Can't wait to see that Audi finish

I can't wait to see it finished Jan , certainly taking me long enough .

No I'm not using Patto's on this body Imugford but thanks for the advice regarding the application of the decals / clear anyway guy's ....cheers

Kev

Hi Fola,

Showing off again.....very beautiful Vipers indeed.

Neither of them should be Scale Auto, as both have rear wings on that are much bigger than what are in the kits. But......that aside, the one at the back is my choice as being an actual Scale Auto body. The one in front must be one of your own masterpieces.

Cheers,

Jan