Show Us Your Scaleauto 1/24

Guest jazzbell

Sure is Jan, i recall at the MCN in Adelaide last year we had know concourse but you jugded it as the best looking car.

regards shane ateam thunderbird

Both those Porsches are great looking - between these and the ones from Jimmie and Cam, it look like a Porsche concourse at HSC ...the rest of us will have to step up if we are going to have a say with anything else. The only hope we have is that non of the Porsches handle a high grip track and then don't race.

.....I am of course assuming that only cars entered in the enduro will be judged for concourse .....??

Can't wait to see all these nice cars together in one place, driven by the best model car drivers in our land.

Cheers,

Jan

Edited by Springbok Racer

'The older I get the faster I was.'

Can anyone running a jag give some tips for weight saving within the rules of course. My jag is a fair bit over weight, white kit painted with two coats of colour and no clear.

Jason,

Are you using the Lexan windows and interior?

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Jason,

Very nice, the Audi - just don't forget to put in all those little photo edged metal grilles. Some of them need to go in before you permanently add the 'blades' to the sides of the Audi. Also remember the 3rd number shield - I can only see two #7's. Please ignore my comment if you have a third one. Finally, once you've decided on the window set, remember the glare shield across the top of the windshield. I notice the standard wheels and assume you will still replace them with racing wheels and wheel inserts.

On another question you had earlier, about saving weight, on your Jaguar;

- Some of the earlier chassis versions had parts which weighed a little less than the later versions. So if you come across any of these try to swap out and save some weight.

- Make sure your axles are only as long as they need to be, cut off all the excess.

- Make sure all the bolts are cut to the right length, the bit coming out the nut is extra weight.

- Watch extra paint - use the minimum to satisfy the rules.

- Use the minimum glue on your car body.

- Make sure the lexan pieces are cut without any excess material left.

Even so, most cars (except for the Porsche) builds out heavier than the 190gram minimum and requires some careful use of the 'free-to-choose' parts when assembling your race car.

Don't be tempted to use the Dremel Tool on any part, other than possibly for cutting the too long axles.

Cheers,

Jan

Well i just had my first scaleauto delivered today, with the Bilstein Audi my choice of poison. The car looks very nice (photos to come when i dig out my camera) but it weighs in at 226g! Have changed the wheels to pro comp which brought it down to 216g, but am looking for advice on how to drop another 20 grams. Car will most likely go on car jig tonight as neither axle rolls freely, and everything i have read so far mentions chassis that need a good alignment.

Cheers Jerimiah

Well i just had my first scaleauto delivered today, with the Bilstein Audi my choice of poison. The car looks very nice (photos to come when i dig out my camera) but it weighs in at 226g! Have changed the wheels to pro comp which brought it down to 216g, but am looking for advice on how to drop another 20 grams. Car will most likely go on car jig tonight as neither axle rolls freely, and everything i have read so far mentions chassis that need a good alignment.

Cheers Jerimiah

Hi Jason welcome to the world of Scaleauto racing,there are quite a few tricks in setting them up & Cam & I will bring you up to speed tonight at Dapto.

Cheers Jimmy :D

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

Have changed the wheels to pro comp which brought it down to 216g, but am looking for advice on how to drop another 20 grams.

Cheers Jerimiah

Jeremiah,

I suggest you start by looking at the rules - check under the 'Special Events' section - and you will quickly realise that you can also make some other changes to lower that weight. However, as offered by Jimmie, he and Cam will give you a heads up. In the end you will easily get it under the 200gram mark with the new 'bling' chassis that your Audi came with.

Hope we see you at HSC in Feb.

Cheers,

Jan

OK guys,..

Kim had sent me his "Almost finnished" Audi, to complete and 'Prep' etc and whilst he Had fitted some one of the PE parts (the Grille piece), I Have managed to work out where Most of the Other 'bits' go, (also realizing I had to Remove the Side Panels,..sigh,..),..but damned if I can work out just Where THESE bits go, (See Photo), as there doesn't seem to be Any 'Native Slots/Holes/Vents in the Body even Vaguely that Shape,..beats Me !!!,.. :)

audipe1.jpg

Any assistance most appreciated,..

Thanks

Stoo

Edited by stoo23

Guest jazzbell

Thanks Noel,now lets hope it's on the money in couple of weeks when it rolls out.

Photo of mine doesn't do the car justice,white skirt and rear end in white looks great with the metallic blue.

Regards shane a

Team thunderbird

Hi Shane,

Looking good mate, the white will really set off the rest of your RedBull livery - should make it float (and maybe) sting like a bee....LOL

I can't see clearly, but as a tip. If you cut the rear window away from the rest of the lexan set, trim it and then stick it on from the outside onto the two side rails - the window set works very well.

See you at HSC later his month.

Cheers,

Jan

Jazzbell,

That Audi has come up trumps mate and it looks a treat, Great work.

A painting question!...........Do you (or have you) weight the body kits before painting, so you know how much paint you have applied? To me there seems to be a fine line between the amount of paint and clear is applied to achieve a goal weight and finish.

Clevo

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

Hi guys,

The word from the Nuremburg Hobby Show is that Scale Auto has released the BMW Z4. They have again only released the RTR white kit and have also explained that in future the release of prepainted versions will follow about 4 months after the initial body style release. The Z4 will be parity tested as soon as they arrive in Aussie. After which it is hoped that we can get it included in our national car regulations by the end of March.

The Serengeti Mercedes has also been released and we should start to see them shortly.

Another point that need to be made; a lot of the various prepainted bodies, across the range, are starting to sell out all over the world and it appears that Scale Auto will not be making anymore of these - until, I venture to suggest, they find it feasible to reissue a few of the older releases.

......watch this space.

Cheers,

Jan

Hi Guys

Another Scaleauto Audi that will be going to Sydney shortly. Don't know if we will run this one or another car that Sammi has prepared. I also have another body for this Audi that I may prefer to get dinged up.

IMG_0306_zpsec73925a.jpg

Cheers

Mike

Regards

Mike

Team Funhouse Racing

Hi Mike,

That really looks the ducks guts mate - actually received the same decal set today, together with the RedBack set. I got both as I could not decide which one to do - guess the choice is easy now, just hope it turns out half as good as yours.

Look forward to seeing it in Sydney.

Cheers,

Jan

Probably just as well you didn't buy from Patto, the sample sheet on his web site has "quattro" spelt wrong.

Mike, how did you get the matt black finish?

Edited by Garry J

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill