Did Someone Say "Truck Racing"???

Mohawkk

Came in the mail today.

Avant Slot raid truck.

raidtruck5.jpg

This baby has 2 (thats right 2!!!) motors! 1 drives the front wheels the other drives the back wheels. I will take a photo later of the insides.

The body is extremly light and with the 2 motors to weigh it down, it is not as top heavy as i was expecting. It is quick off the mark but doesnt have a great top end speed.

raidtruck2.jpg

raidtruck3.jpg

and to compare next to a Fly Sisu

raidtruck4.jpg

Cheers

Love,

Kai smileyhawk.jpg

Damn expensive those Dakar trucks, hope you picked it up for a steal. I've been looking for a long time at that Repsol one, they've all sold out pretty quickly and they simply don't come up very often if at all on ebay. Best I could do I think was around the $100 mark.

Anyways, great looking truck, appreciate the picture next to the Fly Truck. They look like they are a hoot.

I'm sure i got the last one from topslots. As far as i know they are/were not available or not imported in australia. I think that was about the price i payed, plus shipping. I'm really happy with it but have only ran it on my race track (my dog chewed the wiring for my rally track completely stuffed it..). A few modifications are needed to gazzas and flipsides tracks so it can fit under the bridges. I would get another one.

Love,

Kai smileyhawk.jpg

as many here know i love searching :D

found quite a few of the raid trucks around some slot shop sites havent come across before

all just over the $100 mark though + shipping...some nice looking ones though

ps. i came across the repsol one miveson but unfortunately $125 + shipping

revised...$115 +shipping

Edited by Mobbzee

as far as i can work out mohawk there has been 6 released with 5 different liveries

i only really came across the 50401,50402(same livery, different back)50405, and a few pricey 50406

http://en.todocoleccion.net/truck-man-dakar-2010-scalextric-avant-slot-limited-edition-600-units-new-in-box~x27631689

http://www.biplanoaeromodelismo.es/catalog/avant-slot-camion-dakar-2006-ava50402-p-705.html

i would put up more links but i cant be arsed going through the history of the few hundred pages ive just been through :wacko:

AVS50401.jpg

50402.jpg

avant-50403.jpg

AV-50404-01.jpg

AVAN-50405.jpg

avant-50406n.jpg

and a slot show couple

1658873F4D6D1E30274D2C13522D4D2C11BA.jpg

595269364D688D62324D278235244D2780EC.jpg

and if you have plenty cash and the inclination there are the hand made ones by maralic.....dont drool on the keyboard :lol:

http://maralic.com/slot/camiones-slot/camiones-slot.htm

Geez, I'm glad you didn't come across any sites selling these avant slots trucks cheap Mobz . My missus refuses to go to the post office now after you posted the Fly trucks links........... :D

Clevo

Edited by Cleveland

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

Guest jazzbell

Love the look of all these trucks posted guy's. Love anything in the Repsol colours.

As for the delivery ,i tell my wife it's just some cars guy's are returning. Not sure how long this will hold up for because I've used this quite a bit now. :rolleyes:

regards shane a

team thunderbird

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...