2012 V8 Championship Thread

silver rocket

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its going to be an all Red year again, :angry: . From yesterdays fastest lap time's , Vodapone where 1 sec quicker than any Ford.

I hope it rains at every race from now on, to even out the fields preformance. A One second advantage is light years ahead of the field.

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

I doubt, that would be indicative of overall situation.

Fuel lean burn by FPR from first stop.

and

Hicup adding 4 boots and a dash o juice.

Track would have been rubred up nice to set a lap record.

http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?04/03/2012.ADEL.R13

...............Take it easy

who's bum did Murphy smack in qual. restart,,,,,looked very unprofesional even it was meant to be a deliberate out take of lesser sponcered team.

Poor Jonathon Webb,,,,,sets a fairly decent time at the early minutes of Qual. & upsets the bigger teams???

Edited by neil

who's bum did Murphy smack in qual. restart,,,,,looked very unprofesional even it was meant to be a deliberate out take of lesser sponcered team.

Poor Jonathon Webb,,,,,sets a fairly decent time at the early minutes of Qual. & upsets the bigger teams???

2012 V8 Supercars Adelaide Qualifying Murphy and Webb Big Crash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAh69UzaTyE

Edited by Roger Miller

...............Take it easy

That's pretty harsh Neil.

To come around a corner at about 200 KPH, and find someone basically stopped in the middle of the track, would be a bit of a shock, to say the least. I don't think Smurf had any where to go, let alone stop. It could have been worse.

I doubt very much any one would destroy over half a million in cars, just to take out an opponent deliberatley.

Cheers

K

"S#!t Happens"

Mr ford, you must have been on the wrong channel, then?

http://www.v8superca...65/default.aspx

I stand behind what I said . 4 minutes 44 seconds of " Highlights " of which 4 minutes 26 seconds was during the race and which half was smash em up bash em up ( If I want to see that I wll go tothe dunny derby ) and pitstops . So out of just under 2 hours of " Racing " VSA could only manage to come up with just over 2 minutes of " HIGHLIGHTS " . Pass .

The older I get the faster I was .

Dont believe it was deliberate as that would have taken a cognitive though process and we are talking about Murph . As for being unsighted what a load of frogsh1t . That is an open bend with NO restrictions of vision whatsoever . Murph as usual was asleep at the wheel , but like every other time it was everyones fault but his own . If you cannot see an retina burning searingly bright white car from 200 metres away doing 180 KPH less than you you simply have NO place being out there . If this was the Australian excuse making and whinging championship Murph would have been the undefeated champion in every year he has participated . Really feel for Jonathan Webb .

Edited by Mr Ford

The older I get the faster I was .

yes looking back on my comment, it was a very radical comment,obviously from the mouth of someone with no such racing experiance as such,,, though I can't fathom why the incedent happened at all,, they were only just given the green light,,,,restarts of anykind do bunch the feild,,,& his own comment "that this was always going to happen."??? (But I guess its easy for a profesional couch racer to pick up on these things)

Truthfully,,,I've never heard of J.Webb till now,,,but I do hope Scaley bring out a Plain white Commodore,,did look regal amongst the heavily liveried feild

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well the Perth round has caused a bit of a stir, with the safety car incident. Must admit that last few laps in the third race, was a ball terror. I was thinking Whincup had it in the bag, only for a fast thinking Frosty saving the day..........

Hows "Brad B" comment (second from top) about Whincup and T8. Reminded me of the Kim Hughes interview, quite a few years back

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/championship/newsarticle/whincup-seething-over-sunday/tabid/70/newsid/12431/default.aspx

Clevo

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

There were a few teams running for the Kleenex sponsorship on the weekend - HRT on Saturday, T8, Supercheap & Stone Bros on Sunday!

Whincup got done over by the safety car in both races - lost the best of the softs on Saturday with two safety cars then had a 15 second gap from Davo reduced to nothing & then having him run away on softs on Sunday. I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't like the combo tyre races, I'd rather see everyone on the same rubber. It is a game of skill, but I think the outcomes of both races came down to luck. Run every race on the softs!

As for Lowndes & Stone Bros, I can't see how you can be in Pos 4/5/6, be the first cars into the pits, have the entire field pit behind you, then come out in pos 15/16/17 & for everything to have happened by the book.

I've found my interest in the V8s waning this year. It is hard to understand the rationale behind decisions from race control - there seem to be some clear cut instances of a driver punting another off which go unpunished, others with post race penalties & others with pit lane penalties. Ingall moves his car 4 feet too far forward after qualifying & gets excluded while cars block Van Cheezeburger during quali aren't dealt with?

Get off my lawn (& track).

Trying to get my head around the need to change the name of the track formally known as Eastern Creek....

I mean, where was Warwick Farm? Where is Sandown? Where was Oran Park?

So to give someone directions to get to Sydney Motorsport Park - where do you send them? Er, it's out west near Eastern Creek......

As to the track extension - well, it looks a bit tight. Anyone else remember what they did to Sandown for the World Sports Cars?

Cheers,

Tony.

There's only two questions:

1. What direction do you go

2. What's the Lap Record?