phoeno29

Brisbane Proxy Race

Wow, that was quick race reporting and from the looks of the results, pretty close racing too! Just sad my car wasn't there to join in the fray.:( Hope it turns up next week and be able to run on Phoeno's board track as I sure would like to know how it compares with all the other makes. :unsure:

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Martin got some pictures last night, I also took some, but I'll upload them later on (damned work!)

Was good racing.

Pity about Boslots BMW, but it's very front heavy. It's going to suffer at Phoenos track, simply because those BMWs don't really need much weight (if any at all) to help em on a board track. I had it deslot a couple of times on me in heat 10, on a downhill section toward a corner when braking.

And then the wires popped out of the braids! :unsure:

:unsure: :( :( :D:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure: It is very strange when you are racing and you get pass by your own car. ( That only normally happens when i lend it to Phoen)

What a great night it was good to drive cars prepared by other poeple thanks again for the Drive

Cheers

The Pack Leader

Ps Perro's Car got abit nerous as it was not use to going so quick :P:P:P

Slotcars are the winners on the day at Q32

Thanks guys (especially Martin and Glen) for a fantastic night. There was some very close racing, a NSX battle between phoeno and Perro comes to mind when 2 NSXs ran side by side for 4+ laps! :D

And what can I say about Vlad smoking Davenic in the charging Marcos! :unsure: Well done buddy. :(

Great to see how many cars had been entered form Auslot which goes to show how successful the Q32 concept has been. Next week will be very interesting with the focus changing to non-magnetic wooden track racing.

Glen, thanks for your hospitality mate, your set-up is bigger than Ben Hur!

Cheers Manic :(

PS - Looking forward to seeing some of the pics from the night.

Uh oh... on the Colyton track, Vinno and Bo manage to score better than me just about all the time. I put that down to lack of car tuning compared with them living at the track. But if my proxy car beats their proxy cars, that can only mean its not the car that's the problem ....

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :unsure:

As for the NSW vs Qld rivalry, GO JAMIE"S SUPRA !!!

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

Glenn

I reckon the Merc I picked will show itself on the board track. The magnet position is closer to the rear wheels on the BMW and other angle winder cars so I would expect them to be faster with a magnet.

I dont expect to be the fastest car even on board as the Honda and Supra are so fast but I think it should be a bit quicker than the BMW on board.

I make no excuses for driving on the track a lot as I enjoy the break at the end of the week. You guys have been racing for years and Bo and I have only been racing the last year.

Manic - your welcome to join us for a night of slotting, racing and general blokeyness anytime you can. As you can see, we are reasonably organised for a rabble and the racing is important but not life and death. We do like to race against each other and be involved in some good races from time to time.

One thing I did notice was that some drivers abilities really shone last night. Lindsay is a freak. Didn't matter which car he was given, it was driven better than anyone else could have driven it. Cyph (young Robert) is proving to be very capable when he has a good car to drive.

I can't wait for next week and to see how things pan out. The top 5 cars will all go well on the board track and a bit of luck as to who drives which cars will play a part as it did in leg 1.

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

I was gonna ask to see some pics but Phoeno beat me to it.

It's great to see all the cars on the track and I'm really happy to see my car performed well. Now as long as the wheels don't fall off on the board track hopefully it can finish well, but as the results are so close it still is anyones race. Can't wait till next Saturday !

Great to see the top six cars are all different makes/models. It will be interesting to see what the difference in setup is between Perro's and Vinno's cars? Perhaps the tyres?

JamieB

ITeLECTRICAL

Check out my Current logoEbay_x45.gif Auctions

Hi there folks. Just to clear up a small point, martin was the real author of the race report, we just happened to log in under my name. So as much as I would like to take credit for the report itself, please forward your kind words of thanks to our favourite little secretary in the form of Martin Phoenix and so I take this oppurtunity to thank Martin once again for all his hard work with organising the Proxy and also last nights report.

On a personal front, last night I had a ball. As you may well be aware it was the first Proxy race any of us have been involved in and thanks to everyones assistance and effort and mainly all coming from Martin the night ran silky smooth. With the co operation of everyone who entered the event from all down the eastern seaboard and even as far as Malaysia, the spirit into which all those who entered the event helped make the night a great occasion for home racers who enjoy 1/32 scale racing. Meeting up with a new face is always a great positive for any group or club and last night we met another one (to the Q32 group) in the form of Manic (Matt). I was beginning to think he was actually a ghost writer on Auslot as well as being a figment of Martins imagination but I am here to say he really does exist. He is also a heck of a nice bloke too. And is welcome back anytime!

In addition to Martins results report, some of my brief personal findings regarding some of the cars are as follows:

Personal favourites to drive:

Jamies Supra. Easy to drive fast at all times by myself and for anyone else who drove the car.

Bumps BMW M3. Not as fast as some of the later GT cars but very smooth as well and the one to watch on the board track next week.

Biggest Surpirse:

Chris' Carrera Ferrari 575. Another smooth car with descevinly good car speed. Made me rethink my "no more Carrera" policy.

Denis' Venturi. I hated it and so did a few others but it was always high in the results. Why? I have no idea and was genuinly shocked when the results were posted so what do I know.

I am especially happy to report that car damage was either none existent or very very minimal. It seems the norm for cars to come away worse for wear from my place. The track has high speed sections just about everywhere but I think that most of the guys were awhere the cars had to front up for another meeting next week and that in most cases the cars had been entrusted to them by people they didn't even know and yet allowed them to be driven. On behalf of the interstate owners I would like to thank last nights racers for their consideration of other peoples cars but still drove them to their limits in the spirit of competition.

In answer to Jamies query about the differences in my CLK and Vinno's car. I think my rear tyres were a little fresher perhaps. My car prep involved gluing the motor and rear axle bushings in and that's about it. I just oiled it and the obligatory blessing by the local priest with Holy Water and there you have it. Not as fast as some of the cars in the field but easy to drive and should be a good one on the wooden stuff at Martin's next week. And speaking of Martin's round, all indications are that it will be another great night and one that I know all those who drove last night are looking forward to.

Hurry up next Saturday!!!!!!

Manic, hows the Black GT40 of yours that set the fastest lap in practice that I have ever seen at Perro's, before it deslotted and travelled another 10ft across the table, end over end before hitting the brick wall and landing as gracefully as Eddie the Eagle ?

Manic, hows the Black GT40 of yours that set the fastest lap in practice that I have ever seen at Perro's, before it deslotted and travelled another 10ft across the table, end over end before hitting the brick wall and landing as gracefully as Eddie the Eagle ?

lolol, I spent some time on it yesterday and it's back together in one piece. Amazing stuff that super glue, also helps to have a second one to take parts from. :huh:

Cheers Manic :)

Hey Guys

Sorry I could not make it on Saturday but she who must be obeyed put the foot down.

This Saturday should be ok :)

ON the GT40 of Manic's.........what he fails to tell you is that that car came 5th out of six at the last round with HMCSAT's highly modified GT40 posting a lap time 3/10 of a second quicker than manics on a average 4 second lap.

Manic has not been quick to post the results after coming last in that round ;)

Coming Manic, post the results and picks so FATBOY and I can have a good chuckle :huh:

Seriously that GT40 of Manics is very quick. I would love to see all these cars on the open expanse of Mount Perrorama.

A snap shot of the Mag class results

Team Car Time

GZRacing GT 40 Gold (scalextric) 3.84

GZRacing 956 S&S (slot it) 3.97

Manic Racing Gt 40 Black (scalextric) 4.15

Manic Racing honda nsx (cartrix) 4.16

MRT GT 40 Red (scalextric) 3.92

MRT GT Ford (scalextric) 3.96

After the racing fun of last Saturday, and the upcoming fun of this Saturday (22nd Birthday, and slot car racing, and work, all on the same day! Wooo - and yes, I'm slot car racing, not going out for birthday dinner (that can wait til Sunday!!!)) I'm seriously looking forward to it.

Sorry for tardiness in getting pictures up... But here they are - http://www.projectauto.net/slotcar/

Theres a few pictures of the track (and the ghostly marshalling of a car). The track pics didn't come out too good... Something about my hands not being steady enough to use 1 second exposure times. Perro, you need better lighting that isn't fluro downstairs! :huh: But mainly just pics of the finishing cars.

Anyway! Woot!

Will the Malaysian Scalextric entry arrive and crush all comers?

Yeah, I wish :) 2 more days for it to make an appearance.................... :huh:

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

As the night grows closer to the final leg to the race and the cars start to get restless in the box. Martin starts to clean the track and plan for the track invaders, Who will be standing at the end the Fly cars which had the magnet force last race or the lively ninco japan tourers.

I hate to say it but watch for the Blue (Dark Horse) Ninco Merc.

Can't wait..................................................................

I have to agree, the NC2 should be much more driveable than and NC5 which are at time, a little nervous.

So have you managed to get all the cars back together get afte slowing them down.

ahahahaahahahahahahhahahhahahahahahahhahah

AND THE WINNER IS ......

I'll write up a full report tomorrow. We took notes from each driver after each heat so I should be able to write up a useful report but you will have to wait 12 hours !!!!

A cool night greeted racers for the 2nd and final leg of the Q32/Auslot Proxy race at San Phoeno Motorsport Park. 8 drivers shared the duties of piloting the 15 cars. After some track time for drivers to get a feel, and for the track to cleanup a little, it was time to get the proxy cars out and find out the winner. Each car was driven for 5 laps to check for any possible problems. All were ok.

We learnt from the first leg that some notes from each heat would make a better report (hopefully) so here it is.

Heat 1

Yellow Lane – decraigs (Glen) F Lap 6.69, Ave 7.106 – Smooth and easy to drive consistently near its limit.

Blue Lane – CarandCards (Martin) F Lap 6.79, Ave 7.38 – Good early but tyres picked up some dust in places then became a little slippery, backed off the pace.

Red Lane – Davenic (Deion) F Lap 7.49, Ave 8.85 – Unsettled under power and bounced around a lot.

Heat 2

Yellow Lane – ITElectrical (Denis) F Lap 6.872 Ave 7.498 – Smooth and Easy.

Blue Lane – Manic (Lindsay) F Lap 6.871 Ave 8.43 – Car going ok until wheel came off on back straight on lap 12 and left car stuck in difficult position. Marshall’s went into a mild panic over the stricken car. Wheel was glued back in and car driven steadily for a few lanes until wheel came off again with 6 to go.

Red Lane – ChrisD (Bob) F Lap 8.625 Ave 9.957 – Smooth but slippery.

Heat 3

Blue Lane – Vinno (Glen) F Lap 6.811, Ave 7.349 – Good car, smooth and easy to drive

Red Lane – CarsandCards (Robert) F Lap 6.90. Ave 7.590 – Ok to drive once limit was found.

Yellow Lane – hmcsat (Deion) F Lap 6.987, Ave 7.908 – Very hoppy. Noted the tyres were very skinny on the rear for an NSX ?

Heat 4

Yellow Lane – Bump (Bob) F Lap 7.489, Ave 8.058 – Great balance and smooth on power.

Blue Lane – Lindsay (Denis) F Lap 6.957, Ave 8.129 – Good early, but tyres got dusty and car become slippery.

Red Lane – Manic (Paul) F Lap 7.187, Ave 9.227 – Opposite wheel came off to heat 2.

Heat 5

Blue Lane – decraigs (Deion) F Lap 6.714, Ave 7.091 – Good, easy and smooth.

Red Lane – Vinno (Martin) F Lap 6.504, Ave 7.141 – Easy to be consistant, good power delivery.

Yellow Lane – Phoeno (Robert) F Lap 6.969, Ave 7.334 – Chattery on one side. Possible wheel out of round.

Heat 6

Red Lane –Lindsay (Paul) F Lap 6.64, Ave 7.078 – Very nice.

Yellow Lane – Boslot (Lindsay) F Lap 6.66, Ave 7.174 – Jumpy, but smooth if driven gently.

Blue Lane – Itelectrical (Bob) F Lap 7.067, Ave 7.879 – Smooth but taily.

Heat 7

Red Lane – decraigs (Martin) F Lap 6.573, Ave 7.134 – good to drive but stick couldn’t get past car in yellow lane for while.

Blue Lane – hmcsat (Robert) F Lap 6.768, Ave 7.291 – Good to drive.

Yellow Lane – NIMROD (Glen) F Lap 6.711, Ave 7.409 – Good early, very surprised actually. Motor came loose with 9 to go, a bit bouncy after that.

Heat 8

Yellow Lane – Perro (Denis) F Lap 6.445, Ave 6.796 – Very Very Good, all race.

Blue Lane – Bump (Paul) F Lap 6.699, Ave 7.128 – Not bad, a touch noisy

Red Lane – ITElectrical (Lindsay) F Lap 7.001, Ave 8.989 – Deslot early caused a braid to twist and made car difficult to drive.

Heat 9

Red Lane – hmcsat (Martin) F Lap 6.812, Ave 7.419 – Bouncy when pushy, backed off and drove steady, car was ok then.

Yellow Lane – Caddy (Deion) F Lap 6.817, Ave 7.410 –nice and easy to drive

Blue Lane – Phoeno (Glen) F Lap 6.983, Ave 7.757 – nervous and bouncy, too much grip as track is getting faster and grippier.

Heat 10

Red Lane – Bump (Lindsay) F Lap 7.063, Ave 8.705 – Car was ok.

Yellow Lane – Davenic (Bob) F Lap 7.153, Ave 8.229 -

Blue Lane – Boslot (Denis) F Lap 6.946, Ave 7.324 – Good in corners but power a bit slow to get down, due to the weight in the car.

Heat 11

Red Lane – Phoeno (Deion) F Lap 6.953, Ave 8.042 – Hoppy with grip.

Yellow Lane – Chris D (Glenn) F Lap 6.797 Ave7.606 – Smoothest car I have driven all night.

Blue Lane – NIMROD (Robert) F Lap 6.844 Ave 7.507 – Bloody good fun to drive.

Heat 12

Yellow Lane – CardsandCars (Denis) F Lap 6.354 Ave 7.097 – Started well and got better.

Blue Lane – Perro (Paul) F lap 6.299 Ave 7.228 – Very nice to drive and equally quickest car of the night.

Red Lane – Boslot (Bob) F Lap 7.064 Ave 7.851 – Smooth enough but heavy.

Heat 13

Blue Lane – Caddy (Robert) F Lap 6.68 Ave 7.330 – Good and smooth.

Yellow Lane – Manic (Denis) F Lap 6.73 Ave 7.62 – Hoppy and lost a wheel again, just once.

Red Lane – Nimrod (Deion) F Lap 6.953 Ave 8.248 – Good.

Heat 14

Yellow Lane – Vinno (Deion) F Lap 6.296 Ave 7.291 – Smooth and fast.

Red Lane – Perro (Lindsay) F Lap 6.378 Ave 7.299 – Good like its owner.

Blue Lane – Davenic (Paul) F Lap 6.647 Ave 7.978 – Got better, easy to drive once pace knocked off.

Heat 15

Blue Lane – ChrisD (Robert) F lap 6.708 Ave 6.921 – Good.

Red Lane – Caddy (Glen) F Lap 6.760 Ave 7.472 – Good.

Yellow Lane – Lindsay (Bob) F Lap 6.883 Ave 7.918 – Good. Wheres the pizza ?

Leg 2 results

1st Perro – 10.33 Ninco Merc CLK NC2

2nd decraigs 10.42 Ninco Merc CLK NC5

3rd Vinno 10.50 Ninco Merc CLK NC5

4th CardsandCars 11.05 FLY Porsche 911 GT1 with Ninco Rears

5th DenisCaddy 11.10 FLY Venturi with SCX Rears

6th BoSlot 11.13 Ninco BMW with NC5

7th Hmcsat 11.21 Ninco NSX NC5

8th Phoeno 11.34 FLY Porsche 911 GT1 with Ninco Rears

9th Nimrod 11.36 FLY Marcos with Ninco Rears

10th Lindsay 11.38 FLY Porsche 911 GT1 with Ninco Rears

11th BUMP 11.45 BMW with NC5

12th ChrisD 12.14.34 Carrera Ferrari

13th IT Electrical 12.14.76 Ninco Supra

14th Davenic 12.32 Ninco NSX

15th Manic 12.44 Ninco NSX

A few thoughts....

Some cars were better suited to the track at different times of the night as more rubber went down and the grip level went up. Cars that were slippery early, got better later in the night and cars that were grippy early, were too grippy and bouncy later. The luck of the draw with drivers played a part and unfortunately for some cars cost them a better result that they ended up with.

No real mechanical failures but apologies to Manic whose car kept throwing wheels off . All cars were checked before racing for a number of things including loose wheels. After Heat 2 when the back right wheel came off, the left was checked and declared ok. But it too, came off later in the night.

The Carrera Ferrari of ChrisD and NIMROD’s Marcos were not expected to do as well on the board track as they did on the plastic but as the track got grippier, it made both of these cars more drivable than expected.

The newer Ninco JGTC cars had excellent speed, but didn’t always get the power down as well as the older style Ninco cars with Perro’s and Vinnos Merc CLK’s performing best on the night over a single lap. A longer track may suit the JGTC better.

One thing to keep in mid for future reference is that when there is lots of grip, ribbed tyres do better than slick tyres as they get less grip that slicks. Perhaps this has something to do with the newer Ninco cars being bouncy under acceleration.

Thanks to those who left the warmth and comfort of their homes to drive the cars and drive sensibly. Cars were raced hard but if someone was definitely faster, they were let past at an opportune moment.

Cars that did well, were easy to drive consistently near there limit by drivers of varying skill levels. This was considered as important as the outright speed of the car.

OVERALL RESULTS

1st – Perro – 23 minutes 7 seconds

2nd – CarsandCards – 23.26

3rd – DenisCaddy – 23.40

4th – Vinno 23.56

5th – Nimrod 24.15

6th – Lindsay 24.30

7th – Bump 24.36

8th - ITElectrical 24.37

9th – Phoeno 24.40

10th – hmcsat – 25.00

11th – ChrisD – 25.03

12th – Davenic – 25.12

13th – Manic 25.17

14th – decraigs 25.22

15th – Boslot 27.13

Thanks to the non Q32 guys who entered cars, all will be returned by the end of the week.

Well done guys. Did anyone pick the results beforehand? It looks like there was some real racing going on, and not just a fast parade like modern F1. Good to see that the drivers were having a go.

I didn't know that routed tracks vary so much over the course of a race meeting so that's something to bear in mind for Boslot's new track.

It looks like we need to find a Qld flag for our upcoming enduro race. Bring on next year's event!

Cheers

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

Regarding my Mercedes, I did a bit of non magnet comparison on my Scalextric track with my Ninco Honda NSX and found the Merc slightly quicker and not so hoppy like the Honda can get under power.

I think the old Merc chassis is a bit stiffer around the rear end helping power down when running non magnet. It still didn't beat Perro's NC2 engined car but there is never much in it in these races.

That was the reason I chose this car over the Honda.

Thanks to Q32 for running such an interesting concept. I can only hope to get up there and meet you guys in person for some beer and pizza.

That can't be right. That's not fair as the slot car legend says. as being knocked of the track.

Oh well i did have the pleasure of driving nimrods car and bowing before picking up the oh mighty one's machine.

All jokes a side it was great fun and great to drive cars prepared by other poeple and to see that other poeple are able to drive your own car that you have prepared very easy.

It was a good field of cars the panoz was a tough looking car however that needs i exhausts trimed so that the body could move as it was a bit stiff in the corners.( i hope it pops it head up for sale one day LOLOLOLOLOLOL

the merc's were the other car that i was thinking of as i have one that i got of perro some time ago and it was a rocket on the board tracks but i was unsure on the plastic.

Oh well agreat concept and maybe next time we can send the cars to melbourne for the first leg then Nsw and have the third leg in qld.

just count me in.

Thanks Auslot , Q32 and Martin for getting it off the ground.

Cheers

Did anyone pick the results beforehand?

A number of us thought that Perro's car would do well. Which it did. I thought Davenic's, Nimrod's and ChrisD's Carrera cars would struggle and that my own car would do well. I was wrong on 3 of the 4 predictions.

Nimrods car, being front engined wasn't going to be as good as the rear engined cars, and being a Marcos, it has a pipe on each side of the chassis that poke through the body, which prevents any body roll. BUT, what saved it was that the track got gripper the longer the night goes and this helped bring this car up to speed while others had too much grip and wouldn't slide through corners, they would tip and bounce (like my car)

Chris's Carrera I epected to be the same with the carerra rear tyres not being as grippy as ninco but with the higher than normal track grip levels, it struck a happy balance.

Davenics car did not have its motor glued in and being such a powerful motor (NC5), bounced more than a playboy bunny on a trampoline.

BoSlots car was similar in that it bounced with no motor gluing.

My car (As I discovered last night with some testing which should have been done before the event !) the tyres were grippy and soft. so when they accelerated was pushed all the way, the tyres would spin on the rims like a rubber band with a weight on it, causing the car to bounce. So looks like some gluing of tyres onto rims for me in future !!!

The person I feel most bad for is Jaime and his Supra which I expected to be in the hunt. He had a bit of bad luck with one of the drivers who wasn't as capable as the other drivers and there was a problem with the braids in one heat which didn't help either, but the car is better than it showed.

Vinnos car i drove last night also, as is and went under 6 seconds a lap with it, amazingly fast and well balanced.

the panoz

You mean Nimrods Marcos

It looks like we need to find a Qld flag for our upcoming enduro race
I'll stick one in the box when I return the cars.