phoeno29

Brisbane Proxy Race

I'm more interested in knowing whether Davenic's car sports his custom tyres or not. Being able to send a car with different sets of tyres would be a real incentive to mould your own.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

No they do not bump. All my stuff is packed away at the moment and it's DAMN frustrating.

The car has only had minimal preperation but I'm not expecting to win, it's just for a bit of fun.

Dave

"I spent most of my money on beer, women and slot cars. The rest I just wasted."

That's too bad Dave. It would have been interesting to test yours vs standard on the different track types. Maybe the next race then.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

For sure. I'm looking forward to running one of these events too.

Once the track is finished...............

Maybe I could have a working bee

"I spent most of my money on beer, women and slot cars. The rest I just wasted."

The NSW cars are here. Just waiting on Chenglaws and Nimrods entries. Manic, hmcsat and the other Q32 entries to be bought with them on the night.

As for my own entry, preparations are going well. I have two cars to choose from just not sure which one it will be. Both cars are Fly Porsche 911's.

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

The NSW cars are here. Just waiting on Chenglaws and Nimrods entries. Manic, hmcsat and the other Q32 entries to be bought with them on the night.

As for my own entry, preparations are going well. I have two cars to choose from just not sure which one it will be. Both cars are Fly Porsche 911's.

The nsw cars will be like the rugby team the wheels fall off under load. i hope the cars come with 1/32 joey

Slotcars are the winners on the day at Q32

They could always send the Premier up, he's a Carr.

Is that a s#!t joke or what?!? :)

Maybe the Queenslanders are heading for a Beaty er............ Beating.

I am sure the Melbourners will drive up a Storm. (Sorry Dave its a rugby league joke).

If Joey chops you guys up tonight I hope we can emulate him on the weekend. I have used plenty of super glue on my wheels so I hope they hold up.

Just wondering out loud .... will be the winning cars be documented and photographed (tuneup parts used, how much extra weight and where etc) please? So that the rest of us can see what combinations worked best on the different tracks?

I'm hoping that this wouldn't be a problem for any of the contestants (combatants??), but it would be very helpful for anyone wanting to progress in proxy racing. Building a car that I like to drive is one thing but building a car that's easy to drive for someone else is a different story.

This is going to be a great event! :) I'm really looking forward to seeing how all the entries far.

Martin, I have it on good authoriety that the "Vlad Man's" entry will arrive tomorrow. :)

What time are we looking at getting prepared for the event?

Cheers Manic :(

Martin,

My car was posted off on the late afternoon of 28 June, so I would expect it to be delivered to you by today or tomorrow latest. If it still doesn't get to you by tomorrow, it looks like there's not going to be any chance of you giving it a shakedown run before the race. :( Hopefully, it'll turn up on time :unsure:

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Lim, I hope it turns up today (Friday)

Manic get to Perros anytime after 4.30pm and have a drive with your own cars to get a feel. When everyones there we will break out the Proxy cars for 30 to 45 mins and when all have had a run and a practice, we will start the event. Around 8pm I will report back to Auslot with the results of leg 1.

Entries received so far are......

Manic - Ninco NSX

Nimrod - FLY Marcos

Bump - Ninco BMW

Vinno - Ninco Merc CLK

Davenic - Ninco NSX

Cheglaw - Scalextric GT 2003

ITElectrical - Ninco Supra

BoSlot - Ninco BMW

Phoeno - FLY Porsche 911

CardsandCars - Fly Porsche 911

decraigs - Ninco Merc CLK

Perro - Ninco Merc CLK

racingchrisd - Carrera Ferrari 575

Denis Caddy (non auslot) - FLY Venturi

hmcsat - TBA

Lindsay Smith - (non auslot) - TBA

A lot of Nincos, 4 Flys and only 1 Scalextric and Carrera.

I will be interested to see how the races pan out but as long as I beat Vlad, I'll be happy. :unsure:

Thanks again guys.

Dave

Thanks Phil, we are looking forward to it running it. So far so good.

Its a big unknown for us as a group as to how it will work out but we are rapt with the response of the Auslot members and a few locals to bolster the numbers.

I like the big variety of cars in the races. Even the host track owners' choices of cars are very different so there can be no calls of home track bias. Front engined, inline and sidewinders, low slung CLK's versus LM GT's and JGTC from a mix of manufacturers. Japan against the best from Europe. With the rules the organisers chose, it should be very close. It does not get much better than this. Good luck to all the drivers.

Chenglaw's car did not show today in the post so hopefully it comes next week and is not lost in transit.

Darn, so I miss out on the fun of finding out whether my car can perform on a routed track! The postal service is so */%$#+ undependable. There have been times when stuff that I posted to Oz was delivered in less than a week and there were times when they went MIA! I just hope that this is not one of those times :unsure:

Lim

Hopefully I will turn up during the week and we can stil run it onthe board track. Might see if one of the other guys who are coming has the same car and we can substitute it this week but not count it for a prize if you were to win one ?

Fair enough ??

Thanks Martin, but it's not a real problem with me - just venting my frustration on the postal service, that's all. No need for you to go through all that trouble. Just my luck of the draw. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. Enjoy the racing! :unsure:

Lim

The first leg of the inaugural Auslot/Q32 Proxy race has been run successfully at Mt Perrorama, home of Glen Perrins huge 45m Ninco 4 laner.

All bar one driver was from Q32 with Auslots’s Manic, dropping in to help out. Cars entered covered all brands and makes with Ninco’s NSX and Fly’s Porsche 911’s being popular. Unfortunately Chenglaw’s Scalextric Ford GT2003 was a no show (still in transit) which would have made things even more interesting being another make into the fray but there’s no anticipating the world wide postal service which is unlike the good old Aussie Post we all know and hate.

Fortunately there were no accidents that caused any damage but a couple of cars had some mechanical difficulties with one car DNF 2 heats.

Most heats saw some very interesting racing with cars of different manufacturers swap position as the strengths and weaknesses of the cars came into effect. Fly and Ninco cars running together and Ninco cars both old and new styled being race on equal terms was great to see.

Thanks to all those who helped out with driving and marshalling, no major dramas occurred on the night.

Heat 1

First – CardsCars Fly 911, Driver by Chris D. F Lap 10.96, Ave 11.70

Second – DenisCaddy Fly Ventui, Driver by Robert. F Lap – 11.57, Ave 12.57

Heat 2

First – Itelectrical – NINCO Supra, driver by Glen. F Lap – 11.02, Ave 11.89

Second – Nimrod – FLY Marcos, driver by Robert. F Lap – 11.16, Ave 12.38

Heat 3

First – CardsCars – Fly 911, Driver Robert. F Lap – 10.83, Ave 11.48

Second – DenisCaddy – Fly Venturi, Driver Glen. F Lap – 12.11, Ave 12.92

Phoenos had a tyre come off the rim slightly making the car tough to drive.

Heat 4

First – Itelectrical – Ninco Supra. Driver Martin. F Lap – 11.16, Ave 12.22

Second – Nimrod – FLY Marcos, Driver Lindsay. F Lap – 11.08, Ave 12.30

Heat 5

First – RacingChrisD – Carrera Ferrari 575. Driver Lindsay. F Lap 11.83, Ave 12.28

Second – DenisCaddy – Fly Venturi, Driver Martin. F Lap – 11.57, Ave 12.29

Heat 6

First – ITElectrical – Ninco Supra. Driver Deion, F Lap – 11.00, Ave 12.00.

Second – Bump – Ninco BMW. Driver Lindsay. F Lap – 12.24, Ave 12.89

HMCsat had a tyre come off the rim slightly making the car tough to drive.

Heat 7

First – DenisCaddy – FLY Venturi. Driver Lindsay. F Lap – 11.68, Ave 12.34

Second – Manic – Ninco NSX. Driver Chris D. F Lap – 10.85, Ave 12.28

Heat 8

First- ????? - ?????. Driver Paul. F Lap – 11.78, Ave 12.65

Second ??? - ????. Driver Robert. F Lap – 11.09, Ave 13.38

Sorry, only wrote down the drivers not the cars. I will go through the results later and work it out.

Heat 9

First – LindsaySmith – FLY 911. Driver PaulC. F Lap – 10.85, Ave 11.58

Second – Davenic – Ninco NSX. Driver Chris D. F Lap – 11.04, Ave 11.97

Heat 10

First – Bump – Ninco BMW. Driver Glen Perrin. F Lap- 11.83, Ave 12.20

Second – decraigs – Ninco Merc CLK. Driver Martin. F Lap – 11.72, Ave 13.15

BoSlot car stopped with a few laps to go. Fault was traced back to the wires coming out of the guide. A nominal time was awarded for the heat and braids reinstalled for next time.

Heat 11

First – RacingChrisD – Carrera Ferrari. Driver Deion. F Lap – 11.33, Ave 12.66

Second – Manic – Ninco NSX. Driver Martin. F Lap – 11.56, Ave 12.67

Heat 12

First – Phoeno – FLY 911. Driver Glen Perrin. F Lap – 10.94, Ave 11.85

Second – Vinno – Ninco CLK. Driver Martin. F Lap – 11.59, Ave 13.03

BoSlot had same problem as in heat 10.

Heat 13

First – Manic – Ninco NSX. Driver Lindsay. F Lap – 10.98, Ave 11.54

Second – Davenic – Ninco NSX. Driver Martin. F Lap – 11.32, Ave 12.34

Heat 14

First – CardsCars – Fly 911. Driver Lindsay. F Lap – 10.41, Ave 11.33

Second – Phoeno. Fly 911. Driver Chris D. F Lap – 10.88, Ave 11.88

Heat 15

First – Davenic. Ninco NSX. Driver Paul. F Lap – 11.38, Ave 12.50

Second – Nimrod. FLY Marcos. Driver Chris. F Lap – 11.34, Ave 12.77

Overall

1st Cardscars 12.21.3 (12 mins, 21.3 secs)

2nd ITElectrical 12.23.8

3rd DenisCaddy 12.30.2

4th Manic 12.33.3

5th Perro 12.34.0

6th Nimrod 12.39.2

7th Davenic 12.40.4

8th RacingChrisD 12.49.1

9th Bump 12.51.4

10th LindsaySmith 12.52.6

11th Phoeno 13.06.1

12th Vinno 13.06.9

13th Hmcsat 13.39.2

14th Decraigs 14.40.1

15th BoSlot DNF (Nominal time of 16.00.0)

Thought on the cars. Boslots car has a heap of weight which made it a bit tough to drive through the corners as it wanted to plough. The wires popping out was really unfortunate, not something we wanted to see, a car DNFing a heat.

Phoeno and hmcsats car both had tyres move on the rims or have a wheel loose which made them a bit unpredictable at times.

With the move to the board track next weekend, the Ninco cars should do well but some of the Fly cars have Ninco rubber so that will be interesting. The NC5 powered cars had good speed on the plastic but might be a bit of a handful in the tighter sections of the track. The dark horse car of the event is the Ninco CLK with NC2 of Perro. Should be very drivable on the board track. Nimrods Marcos is the only front engined car in the field so will be interesting to see if it continues its good form. With only 30 seconds covering the first 10 cars and another 12 minutes of racing to go, its still a very open competition !!!!!

Thanks for such a quick update, Perro.

My money would be on Jamies Supra. Geez they are smooth cars.

And to the Q32 guys, I don't care where I finish just don't let Vlad beat me by 1 second !!!!!!!!!!!