phoeno29

Brisbane Proxy Race

Phoeno,

Not a real problem if the FLY Evo 2 motor as fitted to the "Racing" cars is not legal. Would I be allowed to substitute a standard FLY Mabuchi motor in its place? I'm asking because your rules specify no mods allowed and in this case it would technically be a mod by replacing the RTR's motor with another different motor. Unless what you're saying is that Fly "Racing" cars in toto are not eligible.:)

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Hi there Lim. Yes mate changing the motor (if it is possible) to the standard Fly Mabuchi type motor would be allowed. I have considered changing all my cars fitted with Fly racing motors over to the standard motor because I don't like the Fly racing motor driving characteristics. I feel it transforms a good balanced and nicely performing car into an overpowered pig.

O.K. Perro, thanks. I'll change to a standard Fly Mabuchi and see if I can get the Saleen to stay on the track. :ph34r: As you say it's a real handful with the Racing motor. I think Fly just simply took a standard car and dropped in a higher-powered motor without considering making changes to handle the extra power and making the car driveable. B)

Lim

Without wishing to hijack the thread Lim but on the same vein regarding driveability of motors etc, Ninco have done exactly the same thing as Fly in my opinion with the NC2 and 5 replacing the venerable NC1 in just about all the Ninco range of cars similar to what Fly have started to do withe the Fly racing motors. It's a sad trend to see happening but as I have learnt over the years to just accept and adapt to the changes cause manufacturers they don't listen anyway. Anyway good luck with the conversion and hope to see you make the starting grid come July.

Hey organiser guys, how close are you to:

1) a definite set of rules and regulations

2) a date

I personally think 1) is already there from earlier posts here but some may want the definite set spelt out.

As for the date, race dates in July give us somewhere around 30plus days to build, test then send to you.

Cheers

bump

PS scouring GSR mags suggest Spirit tyres are a good thing to try and they fit Slot.It rims. Does anyone know if these are available locally as spares?

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

If there is still time, I would like to enter a car.

I've just found the thread and am very interested. Any chance I get to beat Vlad is reason enough for me..... :ph34r:

Good on you guys for having a crack at this, maybe it's something us Victorians could look at hosting in the future.

Dave

"I spent most of my money on beer, women and slot cars. The rest I just wasted."

Without wishing to hijack the thread Lim but on the same vein regarding driveability of motors etc, Ninco have done exactly the same thing as Fly in my opinion with the NC2 and 5 replacing the venerable NC1 in just about all the Ninco range of cars similar to what Fly have started to do withe the Fly racing motors. It's a sad trend to see happening but as I have learnt over the years to just accept and adapt to the changes cause manufacturers they don't listen anyway. Anyway good luck with the conversion and hope to see you make the starting grid come July.

Yup, Perro, I'm going to need some luck doing this conversion. You've obviously tried it and found the problem - that darn Racing motor is longer than the standard Fly Mabuchi which means I'll need to cobble up an adaptor to fit the standard motor into the Saleen chassis - hope I won't run foul of the rules! :ph34r:

Lim

As Martin has said earlier in the thread, I'm in for driving.

About the only issue I could think of, but it applies to all entrants and drivers anyway, is the ability to have a practice drive of each car I suppose.

Oh well, I'm in for driving anyway! :ph34r:

Bump,

I think the rules have been pretty well spelled out over the length of the thread but just to clarify a couple of things.....

Drivers will NOT drive their own car. Each driver will only drive a car once at each track.

Q32 has its break up trophy night the last weekend in June so lets aim for Leg 1 to be run 2 weeks after that and the following leg the weekend after.

Each leg will be run as follows.

Drivers will be briefed on how the event will be run as not all are Auslot memebers (Slack buggers I know) all drivers will get some practice time with the cars, about 90 minutes should do it.

Car descriptions will go into the system and drivers will be allocated their starting spot out of the hat. (See earlier posts re moving positions after each heat)

Davenic, sure thing, send one up, I think you might be the 16th starter so at this stage we might declare a full grid. Some may drop out as we get closer but we will cross that if it happens.

I am working on a new web site for myself and Q32 and all the proxy details will go on there next week including entry forms and rules.

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

Hi Guy's,

I'm thinking of entering a Fly Alfa 147 but the front wheels rub on the wheel arches.

Would I be able to slice a 1-1.5mm off the outer side of the stub axle holders?

That will enable the wheels to sit in so they nolonger rub?

If I'm not clear about what it is I want to do I can post a pic later tonight.

Regards

NimROD

Just to bump this topic back up. How close are we Phoeno and Perro and how soon do you want us to send the cars up?

Team Hellier will be testing their entry tomorrow night at Geds.

As I have nowhere to drive at the moment I have set this car up without any testing. Should be interesting......

The wind tunnel tests were good though. I used a cigarette and my wife hairdryer. B)

"I spent most of my money on beer, women and slot cars. The rest I just wasted."

Hi Vinno,

I spoke to Perro on Sat night and he is confirming his work schedule for July and will let me know. When I know, I will confirm the final plans of dates etc and then we are away !!!

Proxy Race Details

Hopefully by mid week we will be all set. I might get people to fill out a form on the sanphoeno.com site with some details and I will gather and keep these with the cars when they start arriving.

Q32's season finished on Saturday night and we have a LeMans Trophy Day this weekend and thenour trophy presentation evening the following week. The Proxy will be a week or two after that.... 9th and 16th of July or the 16th and 23rd of July.

Proxy Race legs will be run on the following weekends.

Leg 1 on Plastic at Perros, Saturday evening the 9th of July

Leg 2 on Board at Phoenos, Saturday evening the 16th of July.

TO READ THE RULES AND ENTER A CAR CLICK ON THIS LINK

All the details about the proxy are listed at the above linked page. On this page is a link to a form that asks you some questions about your entry, please complete it if you are sending a car.

Thanks to all of those who are entering and have got behind this event.

Hey Martin, I just notice that cars are to arrive no latter than the 8th of July. As I was coming along on the 9th to help out I had planned to bring along my slot with me - Is there a problem with me doing so or would you prefer me to mail it?

What time do you think preparation and proceeding will be getting underway on the 9th? Just lodged an entry form too.

Cheers Manic :rolleyes:

Manic,

Entry received. Just bring it with you is fine.

But I will keep the car from Leg 1 to Leg 2 same as everyones, they will be boxed up, including my own.

Most Q32nights start at 6pm but seeing this is a non Q32 round, we might start a bit earlier, or run it in the afternoon. I will catch up with the Q32 guys who are driving next weekend at our season ending break up and check peoples availabilities and let you know.

Whats happening with yourself and hmcsat that weekend and wife's schedules. Send me a PM and we will try and work around it.

Bumping up this topic to remind all team owners to make sure you have your car ready to send by the first of July at the latest.

I haven't received the mailing address yet.

HELP!!! Martin, are you there??

hi guys,

The proxy race is only 2 weeks away and I have had very few entries so far from non Brisbane people.

I would like you to fill out the form at the following link if you are sending a car as there are some things we would like to know about your car, for example, how do you want it prepared before each heat and how would you like us to drive it for you !

Proxy Entry Form

This info is fairly important, not to mention telling me in advance how many entries I can expect.

Thanks,

Martin

C'mon guys, lets get some more people involved in this.

You'll get your car back and its going to be a lot of fun.

At most it will cost you $20 to send your car return and maybe a few scratches courtesy of the races.

I'd like to thank Martin and the guys for giving this a go and I hope other will support this race.

Dave

C'mon guys, lets get some more people involved in this.

You'll get your car back and its going to be a lot of fun.

At most it will cost you $20 to send your car return and maybe a few scratches courtesy of the races.

I'd like to thank Martin and the guys for giving this a go and I hope other will support this race.

Dave

So do i include the postage for my Prize...............................

:rolleyes:;):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Slotcars are the winners on the day at Q32