Brisbane Proxy Race

phoeno29

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to get my BMW to Vinno or Jamie or whoever is organising the Colyton cars, then I can do the paperwork because to be honest I haven't got a clue what's been organised down here. The current plan is to sneak over to JoeZ's mid week for some final tuning as well as to make sure the nurses are looking after him. You know, the usual caring and sharing mates' thing like "Joe, how are you feeling and can we borrow the track/tools/you ....." .

But it will be going up, under the "drive it like you stole it" category.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

Joe the tuner cast some magic on the Bimmer's rear end, Bo took it home so its on its way to join the other Colyton cars for their Qld holiday.

There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't

A few more laps at race pace and the Bimmer will claw back a few tenth's (he hopes, fingers crossed).

Bo, any thoughts where the Merc had the edge? The Bimmer should be a bit slower in the esses, being taller, but it should outbrake the Merc.

Jamie and I tested our cars tonight and there ready to go QLD along with Vinno and Bumps car.

colytoncars.jpg

Bump and I with Team BWM, Vinno with the Merc, Jamie with his toyota supra

Regards Bo

I was very lucky yesterday to test drive some cars on the track yesterday and perro and i had the Nsx and the supra's flying they are rockets in a straight line however the fly 911 out corner the ninco's.

It will be a great race in that 45m track can be covered in 10.76 sec. i think that the thing to remember is that we are not driving the car and it has to be easy to drive.

Can wait to beat the boys from the south....................................... :huh::):blink::blink::D:angry:

Slotcars are the winners on the day at Q32

Seeing that the QLD NSW contest rivalry has appeared, what's say that the runner up state has to fly a 1/32 version of the winning state's flag over their timing bridge or start line at their next meet?

With regards to the entry form you have all filled out, I will have these laid out on the table at Perros and my places with each car labelled and when not in use, it will sit on the paper work for the car. So when a driver gets assigned a car, they know where to get it from, how to prepare and drive it and where to return it to when done.

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

They don't make QLD flags that small !

Because they've never been needed before :huh:

The Bimmers may not have been the best choice after all from what Bo tell me. I hear that Jamie's Supra left the other cars standing still at final practice at Colyton. Still, the two Qld tracks are very different so hopefully my car won't be too far off the pace.

As for Bo's idea of a Sydney race, let's see how the Qld one goes first then learn from that. But the idea appeals to me a lot. And no doubt we could then send the cars to Canberra, Melbourne, Tasmania. Ideally, to SA, WA and NT as well. You know where this is going, don't you BO :)

Gidday Steve, in answer to your question about the length of the main straight, it is 7.0m long and the two shorter straights are about 6.0 m and 5.5m with an all up running length of 45.0m per lane. In general Fly cars tend to be a little quicker around the track with lap times in the 10 - 11 sec mark but with the advent of the newer Ninco cars such as the NSX, Supra and the even the BMW M3 there's not much in it any more.

Only yesterday Deion came around to let off some steam after work and we had a pair of Ninco cars clocking in around 10.9 sec. The beauty of the Ninco cars being this close on the Ninco track in comparison to the Fly cars is the Ninco cars are generally quicker at Martins track being a board track than the Flys are. In other words the advantage the Fly cars have over the Ninco cars on my track will be reversed at Martins. Then you have Scalextric which fit right in between the Spanish protagonists.

Should make for an interesting event. So at this stage I must say good luck to all!

Less than a week to go until the first leg of the Q32/Auslot Proxy. Davenic's Ninco NSX has arrived and all other interstate and overseas cars should be on their way.

I have received a dozen entries through the forms with unsurprizingly, a couple of Q32 boys dragging the chain althou one is a non internet user.

At the end of the week, I will post a list of the cars that people are entering, take some pics on the first night during practice and post them on auslot if Mrs Perro allows me near the PC.

At the end of the night, results and report will be posted here.

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards