Nz Proxy Series 2012 - Entries

chenglaw

Two of the Tassie cars went in the post yesterday.

Lola3101.jpg

This is my Lola 310.

MyChassis.jpg

No secrets here.

Stigs Honker making a return this year,it is supposed to be a McKee Mk 7, but that is still sitting where he left it on my bench.

Honker.jpg

Chassis is the same as last year, may have had some weight added??

stigsa.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Flat6R sure is gaining in popularity. Low profile power...... and a bit tamer to drive than a Boxer motor, but near as quick.

I can't wait for the 23 and 25K versions to arrive 2nd quarter.....

From memory all the Racer-Sideways Group 5 cars will have a/winder and 23K version as standard.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

I did consider putting in the Flat 6R in my Ford this year but ditched it in favour of the NSR King 25 as I felt that the power came on a little smoother but having said that, I think the lower CG of the 6R will be of advantage on some of the tracks. We'll just have to wait and see.

Phil, that Lola looks really mean and wide - not going to be easy to pass it round the bends.

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Hi Phil

I can see it is an NSR chassis, but no idea which one.

It wouldn't be chance be the one you had under the black beast that won the year before last would it?

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Mark - if you mean like DRW21 and my entry, that is the Slot.it HRS II chassis.

Yeah, good guide lead is useful.

Hi guys

hgpanel, your car has arrived safely.

Phil K. parcel from you arrived safely today as well.

Hgpanel - safe arrival of your car was noted in post 39 . . daaaaays to spare.

Arrivals today from slotmadmac, Miveson, and however many cars there are in the parcel from Stubbo

So I have quite a lot of boxes on my office floor now.

Second string Stackmobile went in post yesterday...Race car's SHARK22 let the smoke out on final tuning session.. :huh: ..no spare easily obtainable this late juncture... :angry: .

Soo....a quick grease and oil for last years Panzer (and revised front / rear suspension), and away it went - AIR MAIL .

Hopefully it will no longer drag its saggy rear on the ground in corners, and develop a bit of traction..

Obligatory photo shots to follow when I master P..bucket

Chris

Edited by haystack

Chris

H.M.C.C

Hi Guys

Will start scrutineering today. All cars are here except Pitlane and Orakei Racer -but I think Mike's is held back because he was helping prepare a late entry from Auckland to send with it. So I'll just do those two as they arrive - hopefully tomorrow.

- Will post scrutineering results with pics as needed, but need a "taxi break" of to the telly....

Note I have some entry detil missing on cars.... thought I had updated info. from Stubbo and Stu but can't find it.....

entries.jpg

Hi Mark. Good to see about ready to go.

Please note Trent and my tyres are NSR Ultras on rear. Mine has Revell standard tyres on front. Do not recall what I put on front of Trent's - probably original Carrera. Weight for my car should be about 74gms (68 was last years weight).

We are already for 2 rounds to be run in New Plymouth in April. Have postponed our local racing for month.

See you HB Nats.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Scrutineering notes

I should state the positives at the outset. It appears everyone has gone about tryng to comply with the rules from the outset in good faith. Non-complainces, with the possible exception of Miveson's wheel inserts appear to be oversights or imperfections. There is no indication of any tyres having been illegally treated.

Entrants whose cars have been noted as having some kind of running or rubbing issue, I will watchthis at qualifying and advise further. If any entrants wish to have their cars adjusted, this can be done subkect to time, and application of peanalities in the schedule section of the rules.

We look to be all good to go. Qualifying on Tuesday night. Round 1 on Thursday night.

Slotsnz All legal , body has a tilt to the right, but all clears 1.0mm

Stubbo All legal -, body sits rearward of centre of wheel arches, takes very little

compression on body for front tyres to rub

Nice inserts, curious where you got – or did you make these for you and Slo1Quick

Slo1Quick All legal - takes very little compression on body for front tyres to rub

Chenglaw Left rear wheel 1mm outside of body. Body sits forward of centre of wheel arches, front

wheels running or grabbing at slightest lateral pressure - similarly to both cars above

Phang All legal – first drop arm guide I can recall in proxy entries. Body sits very low over chassis.

Stig Right front wheel about 0.7mm above ground.

Nitro0440 All legal – spur gear had JUST 1.00mm clearance, looks a nicely prepared car

CharlesX Spur gear only 0.7mm clearance

(with 1mm feeler gauge under gear, can fit a 0.3mm feel gauge under tyre)

KalbfellP Left front wheel elevated about 0.5mm above ground. Body is also very twisted

8]longitudinally, and left of rear wing not attached to body. Doesn’t “fit” as vertical stay is about 1mm too narrow. All this appears to be twisting related.

Has me beat because I know Phil’s prep. Would be faultless, and this happened before –

was it the 2010 black car?

Slotmadmac Left front wheel just not touching tech block. Spur gear and one rear body screw both

JUST 1.00mm above ground.

DRW21 All legal. – nb Every corner and piece of this car I measured was 1.000000mm above the

tech. block. Dave has lowered everything to within a molecule of it’s life to get the

lowest, meanest T70 he can get.

Miveson Non-compliant wheel inserts. Spur gear only about 0.8mm clearance – lifts left rear wheel approx. 0.2mm when 1mm feeler gauge put under it. Body appeared to be sitting very high above chassis, and when I was turning it over, came adrift – front body screw had fallen out.

Front wheels very tight, not turning freely, so I removed body to check if fouling. Nothing visible with body off, still tight. Appear to simply be lacking lateral and vertical play.

Mark – note on bottom of car says “1 turn 911. “ Unsure if this refers to pod or body screws, and if only front pod screws as you have magnetic suspension. Front of pod feel drum-tight in chassis and it would not move if pod screws loosened due to placement of lead and fixing of lead wires by corner of pod, so please clarify. After qualifying, you may choose to take a penalty to have front wheels adjusted if this is really affecting lap times or general handling.

Noted that short screws which look like pod screws have been used for the body fixing and washers are in place, so there isn’t a lot of capacity for loosening without risk of them dropping out. Have set rear at ½ turn loose, and front 1 turn loose for now.

Trent S. All legal

Lenny Broke Body sitting at odd angle, left front only about 0.8mm above track. 1mm feeler gauge under it lifts the left front wheel. At “rest” the right front wheel is about 0.2mm above track.

Haystack All legal

hgPanel All legal

Bunyip All legal

Still to sight – Pitlane3 and Orakei Racer

Going from memory here.

Both Fords have Slot.it Chapparal Chassis, Slot.it flat 6R motor, resin body, NSR wheels, NSR zero's and Ultra's on the rear. Gearing 11?/26.

Bunyips car is all NSR. Ultra's on the rear and 12/30 gearing.? Shark 20K motor?

Those inserts cam from a guy in America. Maybe you would like a set?

Alan Stubbings