Nz Proxy Series 2012 - Entries

chenglaw

Ok, just to set the ball rolling since no-one seems to want to do so, here are a couple of pics of the Malaysian entries (minus chassis pics which will come at a later date) :

First up is the Auto Coast Ti22 of Phang Yuen Loong, an old slot racing mate from those golden days of the 60's:

AutoCoastTi22012.jpg

Next up is the Ford G7A (bodyshell, inserts and decals supplied by Stubbo - great quality!) of my entry in Group A:

FordG7ACanAm005.jpg

I hope this will make up for the hash which I made of the Chappy 2J last year!

And lastly, a pic of the 2 cars side by side:. The cars will be on their way to NZ in a few days' time.

AutoCoastTi22011.jpg

Edited by chenglaw

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do look great Lim, I can see even fromthose shots thata lot of work has gone into them. Looking forward to receiving the entries in the next couple of weeks or so.

My own is stalled, but should have the body atttached to the chassis next week, then just the last fine tuning of balance to do.

(Rolling chassis is finished)

I've seen pics of one Auckland entry from Westy.

The New Plymouth guys are close to done (Charlesx and Trent).

Nitro440 from Christchurch (also rounnd host) tells me he is about done.

Mac is re-entering his 2011 car.

so the Kiwi entires are pretty much in hand,

[warning, old over-used jibe about history follows]

it's the ozzies who seem to be "dragging the chain" as we use the expression. :lol:

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Unsure how long it takes for items to get from Sydney to nz via post....

Mark - airmail is anything from 5 days to 2 weeks, varies a bit, but should be here in good time if you post right after the 18th field test.

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Hi all

time to ring a bell for everyone to get your entries into the post, especially from Oz.

So far I have two entries here . . and one is my own :rolleyes:

I believe I have a possible 3 more entries now that are not listed in the locked thread including Stubbo's friend, will wait for the entry forms and fees from everyone before I list them, so looks like about 21 all up.

One saving grace for the nek last minnuts amongst you. Entries are due here by 1st March, but as I am going away Friday 2nd March in the morning, and not back from the wine and food festival until sunday night the 4th . . . NOTHING will get looked at until the 5th...... so that gives an extra couple of days for postie pat to throw them into my box.

SlotsNz,

Thanks for that - did some testing of the car on Saturday on the Armchair track, it's nice but the Flat 6R causes it to be not as smooth as it could be as the magnetic down force seems to cause some issues. Looking at the time frame I have little time to test further, fortunately I may be able to get another run this Tuesday night at Armchair where I can test the car with another motor.

Either way it'll be in the post Wednesday.

Mark

Hey Mark, that was fast - looks like one of those times when Pos Malaysia is quick off the mark! The cars were posted off on 14 Feb, so it took just under a week to get to you. I trust the contents are all intact! :) Strange coincidence that Phang Yuen Loong should be leaving Kuala Lumpur this morning to return to Birmingham via Singapore. He will be glad to know that his Auto Coast made it safely to NZ. :P I'll ask him to post details of his car and chassis later.

Lim

Hi Lim, I haven't opened the box, but it is not crushed in any way, not even a dented corner; so I am sure everything inside is undamaged.

sounds like a dodgy sort of character, I might have to get a few more hammer swingers onto the scrutineering squad

Yep guys, everyone wo has their own car pics from above and below like we discussed, can start putting them up now for the world to see your er . . . "underbellys" and grooming.

- Will get mine done the next day or two.

Interior photo of the two Taranaki cars as per rules (Trent's and Charlesx).

One to left is McLaren M20 entered by Trent and to right my McLaren M6a much as entered last year but with a bit of judicious weight placement I hope.

TrentandselfCanamcars.jpg

Cars before minor modifications undertaken mainly to M20.

McLarens001.jpg

Regards

Chas Le Breton

OK, here are the Malaysian entries laid bare:

My Ford G7A:

FordG7ACanAm009.jpg

Now Stubbo will know why I couldn't get the rear track within the Class B limit, so my Ford's in Class A

And here's Yuen Loong's Auto Coast:

Running chassis is a standard MSC except for NSR rear tyres.

AutoCoastTi22003.jpg

Lim

Thanks Mark. Always a relief.

Love some of the photos. Looking forward to Class B with several new cars. Those Ford G7's are almost the same size as my McLaren M6a so should be good test. Think G7 worked out about 53.5mm wide which is only slightly wider than my car.

Please note too Mark that Taranaki ready to host when suggested (April). I am away for about a week and a half following Easter but we can do at least one qualifying session before I go and straight into racing on my return. Gives us 2 weekends to get all racing completed and get cars on way to Christchurch.

We will postpone normal racing until both rounds completed.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

Thanks Charles, and if it is more comofrtable to take an extra week, it won;t hurt, there is enough fat in the schedule in and out of ChCh.

You can cross that bridge as you reach it..... let''s keep it rolling but relaxed. We own the hobby, it doesn't own us.

I am sure the entrants will by cool with that level of flex.