smallnails

Scaleauto News

Welcome, and thanks for thinking of us down here, keep any news of your products coming

SC-6039-master_thumb-a875d9bb1e_zpsfb5de8dc.png

SC-6039-05-3f4d7a9e6c_zps79bc2dc0.png

6024-01_master-3914da2ce5_zps281f3d5e.png

SC-6018-01_master-f2e8c7c56a_zps0d8777e5.png

MASTER_6044-2e718de77d_zps769f34b9.png

SC-6034-01_master-2050ea1449_zps1d5a9c92.png

SC-6040-01_master-f9752fea99_zps7f63953e.png

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

Yes very nice indeed but there has been a significant price increase across the range which will impact sales as these are now not seen to be good value for money for the performance that they deliver. There has been several at our track saying wow great cars but not at that price!!!

It is a shame as this will see many buying these cars overseas or not at all which is not good for our local slot car centres.

Ray

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

2017 Plafit FLM Edurance Champion

Team Thunderbird

I recently purchased the green zonda, and had to replace both axles and all 4 wheels, plus the motor pod mounts were bent, so was replaced with a SlotIt pod.

Sorry, but their 1/24 cars might be ok, but the 1/32 cars are rubbish, won't ever be getting another one, regardless of price.

$95 ! Wow, that makes for an expensive donor body for 1/32 Plafit conversion. Is the Australian price high because of our importer or are they expensive overseas as well? Shame really, it seems Scaleauto make a great looking body but only on a mediocre chassis.

The value of the dollar has dropped against other currencies in recent weeks

I don't really believe that as the prices didn't drop much when the dollar rose to over $1.00 US. The dollar has dropped 10% and the prices increased 30% on previous Scaleauto prices. I have been looking at bike parts from the UK at the moment and they are the same now as 3 months ago so it isn't the dollar as far as i can see. Happy to be proven wrong though.

Guest jazzbell

Thats nothing,the latest arrivals for the scaleauto 1/24 are around the $180 at our local shop.

I can say i've seen what he pays for them ,i'd hate to own a shop as what he pays for the cars i don't know how you'd be making money to survive .

regards shane a

team thunderbird

The cost of shipping stuff here and getting it off the wharves, along with carbon taxes, import duties etc makes it expensive to buy/sell things here. Ipads and the like are alot more expensive here than the US even allowing for exchange rates.

All makes it hard to resist the online purchase though

I hear you Caddo but despite all of the above reasons why Scaleauto is getting pricey Werner seems to be able to keep Plafit prices fairly consistent across the range.

Also Slot.it are very reasonable too as are Scalextric. I know people will just buy the Scaleauto's from overseas now which is going to hurt the local shops. They will sit on the shelves here.

Ipads and the like are alot more expensive here than the US even allowing for exchange rates.

All makes it hard to resist the online purchase though

I don't know about that US iPad $499 Australia $539 - and we have a 10% GST

I noticed that Scaleauto cars went up in price on os slot car stores as well

as for online order the cost of shipping from US post and UK post have nearly doubled lately makes you think they are are trying to kill mail order :huh:

DM

Edited by dangermouse

I've just completed a detailed review on Scaleauto's 'Presentation' HSV-010, here is an extract...

Honda-HSV-010-Presentation-10.jpg

The finish levels on the HSV are very high, paint finish and decal finish is nothing short of excellent. At this point I'd like to point out how well done the carbon finish on the slot is, it looks absolutely top-shelf and I cannot see any lines or joins in the finish. This car must have been a nightmare for the Scaleauto staff that assembled it but we benefit with a very unique and striking slot car.

Honda-HSV-010-Presentation-11.jpg

Decal lettering is of a high standard, I particularly like the small blue dots Scaleauto has added to the front headlights to represent the LED lighting of the 1:1 race car, a nice touch. Judging from the above photos of the actual HSV, 'Honda Racing' branding is missing from above Raybrig on the side doors as is the red Honda emblem that should be on the front bonnet. I can live without the 'Honda Racing' on the doors but the missing emblem is disappointing - this is perhaps a branding rights issue although I note that the SC-6015 Autobacs HSV has this detail.

Other than these 2 small omissions, Scaleauto have done well accurately representing the 1:1 car's presentation livery.

Honda-HSV-010-Presentation-14.jpg

In terms of capturing the overall aggressive (almost like a transformer in hiding) shape and body detail, Scaleauto have done an excellent job of making you feel like you really own a smaller version of the real car. I'm particularly impressed with the rear tail assembly which is a very important feature of the 1:1 car, (see above notes from Honda Racing). Scaleauto have captured the rear wing proportions and high-aggresive stance very well which is one of the things that attracted me to this slot in the first instance.

Honda-HSV-010-Presentation-15.jpg

Driver and internal detail (dash, roll-bars, steering wheel, fire extinguisher) are all present as you would expect, I'm particularly impressed with the effort Scaleauto has put into making this interior light-weight. As with some other high-end manufactures, the bottom half of the driver figure is actually hollow reducing weight. A light weight interior is also available if you wish to reduce weight and COG even more. The driver's helmet is plain white though this isn't a big issue for me when it comes to roofed cars.

Honda-HSV-010-Presentation-08.jpg

All in all the Scalauto HSV is a very well presented slot car, you wont be disappointed with this slot car in the detail and accuracy department.

See the full review with almost 30 photos at:http://manicslots.bl...h.2oxgFrHh.dpuf