Cleveland

Are You A Die Hard Ford Or Holden Fan Etc Etc??

Hi all

Thought I'd see if anyone else out there is a die hard fan of motorsport or your choice of automotive? and to what level?

I just took my lawnmower down to get serviced,as I got water into the electric's from washing it. THe bloke behind the counter cracked up when I brought mine in. I wasnt sure if it was a good thing, when he yelled out the back ot the shop "Your've just gotta come out here to see this" . In short it's a 1971 Victa VC160 ,which has had a bit of TLC. Luckly for me the mower guy was a Ford man. No cost, just told me how to fix the problem. Very nice bloke isn't he......

THe Ol girl was fully rebuilt in 2006. Everything was paint striped and sand/plastic media blasted. Top coat is Ford Shock wave blue & straight white in COB 2 Pak. The handle was powder coated. I now love mowing the lawns.

P1010468.jpg

Pretty much everything in the Shed has something to do with the Blue Oval or Blue & White, Am I alone with my obsession or do you suffer a simular fate..........

I've just taken up golf also.

SANY0002.jpg

Clevo

Resized to 83% (was 1006 x 146) - Click image to enlarge

I'm not but have a lot of fun with the Ford ones. :lol: :lol: :lol: (another one on the list ;) )

Nice job of the mower.

Might put the blue oval on my mower then I won't feel so bad kicking it when it won't start. :P

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

Ummm.... think you might be the only one so obsessed Clevo. Could be wrong, of course.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

lol...im not quite that full on

ive had both ford and holden cars along the way

more fords than holdens though, so although i have a ford at the moment, who knows what my next will be

ive always been an underdog follower, so hence i barrack for them at the moment ( go Shane Van Gisbergan )

Im a Die hard Holden fan. drive them, owned them and work for them.

And that mower is a ripper Clevo. .

Regards

Rob

Bout the best I can go is my forum name. No ,sorry that was because I had 3 red Peugeot Rally cars. Novel idea Clevo , mower looks great, I' m not a Ford fan but glad to see how you've taken Ford back to it's (dare I say it) ITS GRASS ROOTS :lol: . Sorry Clevo , couldnt help myself. Golf buggy looks good too . 19th hole is the the best hole.

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Cheers for the comments on the mower. It does create a bit of attention amongst family & friends.

I grew up with "Ford" being part of the family traditon. Used to love riding in the back of my grandfather 's XA panel van or riding on the old "Ford" tractor when he was moving the pontoon in and out at Bonnie Doon. Its all history from then on.

I must have it pretty bad :rolleyes: ....... even our sons name was choosen from the " Fords Family Tree". Here's a pic of Lil Clevo (4.9 on Auslots) in one of his favourite toys.

SANY0053.jpg

Clevo

I'm a ford man but it doesn't go that far. Although now i think about it, my work car is a Falcon FG XR6 Ute, my wifes car is a 2010 Focus XR5 Turbo and my daughter has a 2010 Fiesta Zetec. Jacob had to move out as he bought a Subaru Impreza. Sort of makes me die hard I guess.

Dad's a mechanic so I grew up thinking only Ford and Toyota could make decent cars. So during the classic years at Bathurst I was dirty if Ford didn't win.

Bought a Holden Commodore Station wagon when I first baby came along (it was the right price and the Ford SW looked bloody awful) - only got rid of it last year (18 years later). Own a Ford and a Hyundai people mover now.

Of course my favourite 2 race cars are the GT40 and the Toyota 88C :)

DM

Never really thought about it that much, but my Dad only ever had Holdens except he bought a Nissan after having one as a work car.

Right now, I have a VE ute, a VS ute, a VX Calais, a HXLE, an LH SLR Torana, an FX Sedan and a HZ Kingswood panel van, 4 of them V8's, so I suppose I may have a red problem of sorts.

Cheers

K

"S#!t Happens"

VS was the last of the good ones. Last Holden I bought fell to pieces after 3 years 120.000K, (2003 Crummydoor) so Im a FORD man now. Ooh that hurts. LOL

The best form of satisfaction is success.

www.scorpiuswireless.com

My Daddy changed his allegience from Holden to Ford when the XT was introduced. Traded a rather well worn FC wagon on a gleaming Polar White six. Wasn't until 1983 that he said farewell to it and moved on to an XD. The XT was gifted to big broher who ran it into the ground and replaced it with an XC Interceptor. Brother number 2 was always the black sheep of the family. Although his first car was an XW he went from there to an LH Torana and an LJ Coupe. But he eventually came back to Ford with the most recent purchase after going through a few Commodores.

So, while we can probably be considered a blue oval family (I currently own 3 LTDs), none of it is obsessive. Except that Dad's completely anti-Crummyoor. :)

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Love the mower Cleveland it has inspired me one eyed ford fan cried when dicky put the greens tuff falcon into the trees at forrest elbow my son had a dick johnson framed picture in the room at the hospital before he was 12 hours old and some of his first words were ford good holdens yuk :D have had mostly fords first panels vans and now wagons have a ltd awaiting restoration love my fords and always will

Reality what a concept

V32 member Slightly one eyed Ford fan

Trying to perfect the obscure art of Zen slot car racing

This photo of my holiday season project tells my story, finished it yesterday ;)

cars004.jpg

CHEERS

GARRY

HOKEY POKEY ANONYMOUS ....... A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN TURN YOURSELF AROUND

This photo of my holiday season project tells my story, finished it yesterday ;)

very very nice

Dito to that................

Awesome summer time project Mexico.

Did you put a slot.it wood guide or Ninco Pro Race on that one Garry, superb work don't run it on Ferrador wouldn't want to spoil that paint job.

DM