Tuning A Mosler, Italian Style

Roger Miller

http://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.slotcars.it/%3Fcmd%3DgetNews%26cmdID%3D25&ei=cNcCT9CSFuiTiAem9u24AQ&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=9&ved=0CHEQ7gEwCDgK&prev=/search%3Fq%3DRodagomme%2BSlot%2B1/32%2B-MB31000%26start%3D10%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D865%26prmd%3Dimvns

Several drivers have had the opportunity to see how you prepare the NSR Mosler in just 5 minutes, with simple and appropriate interventions, pulling on the track of the times immediately impressive and above all consistent.

Personally I prefer the transverse cross-sectional configuration with the Shark 22K, and I'm sure that someone will use it (primarily Santagati).

I think the lighter weight of the engine offers the following advantages: - handling much higher in mixed case - most traction out - lower consumer tires, go with what you tire slightly lower than the online configuration, and is not little. .. Requires a guide "by metalhead", much more abrupt, which many do not like, with openings in the most violent of the gas out of corners, is literally under attack! It seems to be the limit but never like this, you can always accelerate first and most brutally, and the NSR Mosler does not betray, do not quit. Recommended ratio 12/32, for those who like myself relationships 11/31 courts (there is now also the new crown 30) If you do not want to miss anything in the friction / noise / handling gear used only NSR, is not an advertisement

This type of transmission is like that used in the metal, twenty five years of track racing and teach that a good coupling is essential for pulling out, not only of noise and thermal or mechanical efficiency of the engine. A machine with a pair loses a lot in non-optimal handling! Trust me!

ONLINE The online version of the infamous King 21K has an engine that has literally depopulated around the world. It will be the preferred configuration by almost all of the pilots, as it offers the following advantages: - higher magnetic attraction - more speed - unmatched braking

And 'possible to brake directly into the curve, then accelerate by sliding it right away. At Slotland turning lane 2 exactly on the last track off the main straight, just below the eyes of the driver driving on lane 1, virtually in the curve! It just takes courage to run strong, courage to go faster than it seems to be the limit of a "slot-plastic". It 'amazing, with every turn you can not stop a few inches later but you can never turn ... The engine has long inspired brake and really exaggerated for which it is necessary to lengthen the relationship is not so much losing anything, even gaining a lot of pure speed. At Slotland had 11/27 but the NSR Mosler was short for me, just over half of the straight and I was already up, so 10/23 or 11/24 but recommended ratio will also depend on the height of the wheels which I will discuss in below. Another practical tip: if you opt for the 10-tooth pinion then all going well, but if you decide to use the sprocket from 11 to NSR if you want the machine is always silent and flowing well, without the transmission is "foot down". That is what is written first.

Front and 'help remove the shim under the pickup to reduce the height from the ground up front, for even better cornering. The Ninco track is not "jelly" and then lower the front and we are better; never risk crawling to gather dirt on the track with the frame out of corners, indeed, we have the possibility of opening the first gas. No need to add weight given that during the whole Friday the NSR Mosler has never flown over bumps of Slotland before they were well placed in the evening. The brushes are a little frayed with a knife in the last 5 mm, so as to ensure a good contact while remaining soft and crushed at the connectors, then taking the car very low.

SUSPENSION AND 'SOFT necessary to mount the suspension if the track will not be gommatissima (I do not think it will, however, will be well tested in practice even the Medium) or in the case of the MEDIUM good grip. The slopes are suitable for very HARD loader (POLISTIL, carrera, wood) so in this case does not serve at all.

The fundamental operation is to tighten the screws that hold almost entirely on the body frame so as to completely avoid the "usual" vertical tilting (would only bumps and tears with suspension mounted) while leaving the possibility of a slight horizontal translation (chassis / cab). At this point you need to unscrew all three screws suspension for a game of 1 mm, the equivalent of 1 full turn of the screw. In this way you will see your dart on the track Ninco NSR Mosler height remained constant despite the bumps, while the suspension working perfectly dampens bumps and encouraging all the traction out of corners. It 's like if you were traveling on a cushion of air! Car glued to the track and no bounce!

WEIGHT Slotland I tried to add weight under the axle (in both engine configurations), but the lap times did not improve, with the difference that I bring my unnecessarily 2-3 grams more than the distance are felt all right. So it is not necessary to add weight as the NSR Mosler has an enormous pull of her and then the rest is done by the famous tire NSR ULTRAGRIP TREAT!

HEIGHT WHEELS The NSR Mosler offers the chance to go strong also and especially with very low wheels, alone 18.50mm in diameter or less. The Board, therefore, is to "find" the right gear wheels with this height, when there will be the final (or at least the last phase of his race), sacrificing maybe a little bit of inspiration in the qualifying round. The engine must be "hanged" is literally screaming at the end of the straight, just before the off, but with very low from 18:50 to 18:40 the wheels mounted. At this point you mount the wheels for the race. Recommended height (with wheel treated NSR) to the starting point for those who want to end: 19:50 to 19:40 Recommended height (with wheel treated NSR) to the starting point for those seeds: 19.20 Recommended height (with wheel treated NSR) for those who will be only the first Phase: 19.00 - 18.90

WHEELS NSR deals with the preparation of ultra-wheel is now very simple: - obtain tires and rims NSR645 NSR726 NSR716 or ULTRAGRIP, paste, and turning to 19.00mm (wheels or buy ready-made paste and NSR652)

- Put the wheels on the NSR669 rodagomme adding oil to treat gum - stop rodagomme the evening, leaving the wheels raised during the night so that absorb all the oil - the next morning to start the operation - after about 20-30 hours of treatment are already soft and have come to 19.50mm in diameter - at which point you go to turn on the track, up to 100 rpm are not a problem - after testing it with warm oil NSR669 only the surface and left to dry, allowing absorb more oil - then again to turn, more oil after the tests still run, more oil after the tests. And so on. UNTIL THE DAY BEFORE THE RACE! That day, the wheels have really exaggerated! For those who can not, do not know, does not want to do this well, we have already prepared the train wheels with 30 hours of treatment, almost ready for use, if you want to get the very best you just turn on the track and oil and oil and oil run up to Saturday night!

MIRACLE AVIO Another little secret revealed at Slotland, noted by some very careful cleaning the wheels on the NSR: get "AVIATION", aviation fuel is a stain remover, sold in the malls. It may seem like the Zippo lighters, but the tires NSR has an incredible impact: NSR clean your wheels with Avio, you immediately attack each other! And if you try to drop a wheel on the floor clean with Avio do not bounce, but will be attached to the floor.

PURPOSE ARTICLE With this article I tried to give tips for quick and easy tuning of the NSR Mosler on Ninco track.

...............Take it easy

Guest jazzbell

Thanks for that Roger.

How my car tuning is so completely the opposite to the plastic Ninco set up for a Mosler. This is how my set up goes for high grip wood tracks, Anglewinder,hard chassis,No suspension,hard cradle, 25,ooo king,14/31 gear ratio. One thing in common,Treated ultra grips.

Now for some of this AVIATION :)

regards shane a

team thunderbird

I would stay away from Avio the stain remover- not to be confused with Benzina Avio (AVGas). The base chemical is highly toxic and known to cause cancer, renal failure and Parkinsons. Can't believe they still sell it in supermarkets over there.

Edited by nvmyre

5 x National Champion

2 x National Enduro Champion

2 x HBMRC V8 Supercar Enduro Champion