Show Us Your Mini Z

Chris1810

Looks like a nice car. Sorry for the ignorant question, which club/s, tracks, race them regularly in the Sydney area?

The reason I ask is I have been stung before. Our local track owner decided on Plafit chassis 1/24 Vintage Nascars. Great idea, we built some really nice cars, at a cost. Track closed before we could run them. Once bitten...... :angry:

Edited by Bulsara

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto.

My poor Krell!

After a million years of shining sanity...

they could hardly have understood what power was destroying them.

Looks like a nice car. Sorry for the ignorant question, which club/s, tracks, race them regularly in the Sydney area?

The reason I ask is I have been stung before. Our local track owner decided on Plafit chassis 1/24 Vintage Nascars. Great idea, we built some really nice cars, at a cost. Track closed before we could run them. Once bitten...... :angry:

maybe we can build some and demonstrate them at our club races.

i will be behind you 110% in building and tuning them.

(let alone george who i have to build his again and again) :lol:

Armchair run mini z once a month - see their web site or post on this forum. I race mini z a Xtreamtrax dapto every week thursday nights 7pm - 9pm. Also I think Hornsby run miniz - Stoo where are you.

Well,....In Theory,...it Should have been this last Saturday evening the 25th.

HSC's 2012 Race schedule, basically has the Various 'Theoretical' Plafit Rounds on the Last Weekend of Each Month.

I say "In Theory", as this Last round was supposed to be for 1/32 Modern GT, 1/24th CanAm/Historics and Mini-Z's, alternating each Month between those and the Group C (Lexan), F1's and JGT's,...BUT, as can be seen from my Race Report here; http://forum.ascra.c....php?f=17&t=703,..ONLY Troy, Jake and Myself were even present to Race Anything Plafit.

Due to the Abysmal turnout and the fact that I don't even Have a Mini-Z, we did Not even bother running that class.

Perhaps it will be Better Next Month,..but there Was some suggestions that perhaps we should run the Mini-Z's with the F1's and JGT's,..guess we will have to see what transpires.

Quite a few people Do have various Plafit cars at HSC, although perhaps Not that many F1's or JGT's, (Like a few others, I do not have either and doubt whether I Ever will,..),..but there Are a few with Mini-Z's and a few of the recent Stock of Mini-Z bodies at HSC Have been Sold,..so, kinda makes me wonder why there was No Mini-Z owners there to race.

There IS a Great 'Body' of Very Talented and competitive Racers at HSC and the smaller Flat Track IS a Great track for these cars,..but I think the Variety and Popularity of the Other classes raced at HSC and the current general financial state, causes people to have to make decisions as to both How many Days/evenings they choose to race,... AND In what/How many classes.

Plus, That regard, there are Many Other Far More Popular and arguably FAR Cheaper classes to Race at HSC than Any Plafit Car.

Any Plafit/Mini-Z Racers are More than Welcome to come along and have a 'Typically' Great evenings racing at HSC.

HSC 2012 Race Calendar here; http://www.hornsbyslotcars.com.au/article/file/54/Calender_2012_-_Slot_Cars_Hornsby.pdf

Cheers,

Stewart

:)

Edited by stoo23

Thanks Stewart. A very honest answer to my query. As I said, I can't justify yet another class of car at this time. Best regards. Anything involving Plafit is out of my price range. Disabled pensions do not cover slot cars.

Edited by Bulsara

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto.

My poor Krell!

After a million years of shining sanity...

they could hardly have understood what power was destroying them.

OK, So I have knocked out one of these cars. Rothmans Group C Porsche. Its a nice car. Goes so well. Chassis is a 1300, fox motor. I have had it running for a few weeks now and I am happy with how it looks. I still have to change the rims and add inserts to finish her.

IMG_9526.jpg

Now I have started to build a new one......already. I am really enjoying driving them.

This time it the Ferrari 599xx. I don't know how well it will go, as it is about 10mm shorter in polar length over the Posrche, but I still have to fiddle with a few things so I may be able to get a few extra mill out of the chassis yet.

Chassis is the 1700 this time.

IMG_9550.jpg

I haven't finished assembly yet, but this is what I achieved on my flexi day.

IMG_9543.jpg

IMG_9548.jpg

I still think that this is the nicest of the Ferrari's out so far. It may not be as quick as the others, but its all about the looks for me.

Josh

That's an easy one Stoo, it will be left in their dust.

No, not really......

.....After several weeks of Mini-Z Group C club racing as well as at last Saturday's first round of the QMCC at Narangba Raceway, it looks like that the Porsche 962C can well compete with the other two Group C cars.

The fastest lap board at Narangba Raceway so far looks like that :

- Mazda 787B......................5.894 sec.

- Porsche 962C KH.............5.922 sec.

- Sauber C9.........................5.984 sec.

- Porsche 962C LH..............6.046 sec.

Pretty close and with these times anything can (and has) happen under race conditions.

Cheers

Werner

N-3-2.jpg

That may be Werner, but everything else being equal the Porsches are at a disadvantage, minor as it may be.

My picks in order of merit -

Kyosho bodies

Mazda 787 - a little heavier than the Merc but the extra weight is down low and it kills the Merc in rear tyre and gear space.

Sauber C9 - might be the best but for the space problem in the rear wheel wells which restrict tyre and gear choice and make setup finicky.

Porsche - long and high in the rear, nothing else to say really. The laws of physics cannot be denied.

Hard body Group C (models)

The Revell Sauber C9 is my only choice, it's one piece, very light and strong. Even with double flat mounts I had to add lead to get the body and mounts up to correct weight.

I think my qualifying record at Hornsby still stands to prove it.

Of course these are just my opinions, everyone is welcome to differ B)

Edited by Garry J

Cheers,

Garry J

Slotworx_Logo_Small.jpg

Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

Chris

I might have it running this weekend, if it is I will be at the track on saturday arvo.

The porsche runs very good. Considering I have only been driving 1/24 cars for a bit over a month now. Its also the first car I have ever put together. It just shows how easy the Plafit chassis are to put together and sort out. It is hard to know if its not handling well or if its my driving. With me driving it it runs pretty constant 6.5's on the Pitstop track. Thats Probably 3-4 tenths off the top guys, plus mine is a group C and their times are set with GT cars. The car does feel confortable to drive at this speed. I dont know what the difference in time would/should be between the two body types. IT does still have some set-up issues. It tends to de-slot more then side out. I havent added weight to the front, so I might try that and see what happens. It is also has the 8mm wide tyres on it as I am waiting for the right rims to come. We will see how it compares then.

Chris

I might have it running this weekend, if it is I will be at the track on saturday arvo.

The porsche runs very good. Considering I have only been driving 1/24 cars for a bit over a month now. Its also the first car I have ever put together. It just shows how easy the Plafit chassis are to put together and sort out. It is hard to know if its not handling well or if its my driving. With me driving it it runs pretty constant 6.5's on the Pitstop track. Thats Probably 3-4 tenths off the top guys, plus mine is a group C and their times are set with GT cars. The car does feel confortable to drive at this speed. I dont know what the difference in time would/should be between the two body types. IT does still have some set-up issues. It tends to de-slot more then side out. I havent added weight to the front, so I might try that and see what happens. It is also has the 8mm wide tyres on it as I am waiting for the right rims to come. We will see how it compares then.

What about thursday?

those tyres seem to just spin on ferrodore surface. so i tried to use a slower motor(22k spirit ) the euro motor is too much for the ferrodore surface.

If you cant get grip from form tyers get the WD40 out. Spray some on the track and run some laps on each lane. Rub off the excess and then try again. Track and tyres should grip up nicely.