Show Us Your Mini Z

Chris1810

Just thought I would show my Group 5 Nissan Skyline wich is the running mate for the Porche .

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

These cars aren't particularly fast against other GT body cars due to their tall narrow shape but a few of us have built a couple of Group 5 cars and like for like they are a blast to drive against each other . With a bit of body float they are awesome to watch as the nose goes up on acceleration and drops again on the brakes . Hours of entertainment .

Edited by paulthetexan

Mini Z it is . We run them on our club tracks that are a bit smaller than the commercial venues . On the smaller tracks they don't suffer from the handling problems of high speed high grip tracks . Our club tracks have closer lane spacing so we get a little fender rubbing as well . Great fun

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A more unusual Mini-Z customer request :

Stratos-1.jpg

Stratos-2.jpg

Stratos-3.jpg

Stratos-4.jpg

Stratos-5.jpg

Stratos-6.jpg

Stratos-7.jpg

Stratos-8.jpg

The 1977 Rallye Monte Carlo winning Lancia Stratos HF. Once again Kyosho has produced a beautiful detailed body set of this car.

But with a wheel base of only 86mm it was a challenge to put it onto a Plafit 1700 chassis.

Because of the side undercut flat body mounting was out of the question. A short MRRC guide was used and some modification of the T-Plate was necessary.

The huge wheel arches allowed the use of 20mm dia. Plafit racing wheels in which the modified Kyosho plastic wheels fitted into as wheel inserts.

Independent front wheels with a 3deg. camber setting was used as well.

The body set comes with the option of driving light covers as well as closed head lights. We added a vacuum formed gear box part with two exhaust pipes and a pair of typical rallye mud flaps.

Of course the car now also features a driver plus co-driver interior.

All in all it took a bit more time to build then your "normal" Mini-Z............

Cheers

Werner

Edited by wwwace

• 3 weeks later...

The HSV Raybrig ready to race

IMAG0324.jpg

I'm looking at updating my NSX .

Got my eye on a HSV for the APC , how do they compare to the Enzo , NSX and other Ferraris?

Thanks

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Hi David,.. Shane built one of those HSV's for one of the guys in the club and i drove it and it went extremely well. It is a deceptively big car. It looks small because it has no overhang in the rear and is very wide in the front so I think it should be a solid runner.

I have an FXX which went really well when i fist got it but for some reason it's pushing out in front now. I will re-gear it and remount the body and see if that fixes it.

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

The HSV Raybrig ready to race IMAG0324.jpg
I'm looking at updating my NSX . Got my eye on a HSV for the APC , how do they compare to the Enzo , NSX and other Ferraris? Thanks

The HSV is one of the widest bodies out there, if thats what your looking for. They sit a little than the enzo. I have seen the tail lights of a NSX and an Enzo, when driving the car pictured.

The HSV Raybrig ready to race IMAG0324.jpg
I'm looking at updating my NSX . Got my eye on a HSV for the APC , how do they compare to the Enzo , NSX and other Ferraris? Thanks

The HSV is one of the widest bodies out there, if thats what your looking for. They sit a little than the enzo. I have seen the tail lights of a NSX and an Enzo, when driving the car pictured.

Yeah I have been told to re think the HSV, so a rebuild for my current NSX and Nissan GTR is my best bet!!

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

• 3 weeks later...

I am going to get an HSV.After driving Robbo's car i am convinced it can be a solid runner. I have an FXX which i managed to fix the pushing out in front thing.... The guide plate bent and the point of the guide was pointing upwards instead of level. Its funny how certain bodies are in favour and others not so much. Interestingly the FXX weighs exactly the same as the Enzo and the rear and front track are the same. After the nationals are finished i managed to tweak the fxx and also the scaleauto to the point both would be top 4 pace. The FXX still has some improvement to go to.

Not surprising as the FXX is just an Enzo with wings added. i have had a bit of a look through all the bodies and Kyosho have made a pretty good job of making all of them pretty even. The 114mm polar length rule negates any advantage a long car would of had. One body came as a bit of a surprise packet but i wasn't the one to find it so i wont be giving hard earned research away.

Obviously Low bodies like an Enzo or super wide bodies like the Nissan will have a tad of an advantage but for the most part if you build a good car and drive it well there doesn't seem to be a monstrous advantage in the bodies.

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.