Eh Holden Coupe

BMR

I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the EH. Hate because I officially come from a blue family. Love because it is an unmistakable Aussie identity. Hate because, well, let's face it... it ain't pretty. Love 'cos well.... an old boyfriend had one (though admittedly it was a PoS. Come to that, so was he.)

All that aside, it's great to see that someone is making these Aussie icons. Even if it is in 1:24. Good on 'em

Now to the picky bit. The roofline shouldn't round off like that. It should be bold and boxy.

HOLDEN+EH+COUPE+002.jpg

But that's the only whinge I've got.

Edited by Ember

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Its a fantasy build , Keith makes the MJK 1/32 scale EH bodies .

Unfortunately Holden in their wisdom didnt think us Aussies needed coupes until 1968 , Ford gave us a coupe XM falcon in 1965 from memory or XP model in 64 ? cant recall the exact years - do a google search you will find them .

Some well healed ( cashed up ) Aussies could have enjoyed "imported" two door cars and even rag top ( soft top roof ) cars in the 1920s , 30s , 40s , 50s and 60s from various manufacturers but in general most of our Dads or grand dads would have bought locally produced Holdens , Fords and Valiants with very short options lists to choose from , but the local aussie cars did all have 4 air conditioners in them ......they rolled down the windows

ps if your keen to have one of these bodies you could try contacting Thunderbirds raceway via the auslot home page ( T Birds sell MJK kits ) or google MJK engineering in South Australia , Keith may make extra bodies ? I dont think it was intended as a production thing just something Keith felt like doing for fun as far as I know

Edited by BMR