2012 Scx Proxy Wrc Rules

Ontheflipside

LaunchBanner3.jpg

2012 Series

SCX Proxy WRC: - Rules

The 2012 Series SCX Proxy World Rally Championship (2012 SCX PWRC) is a slotcar proxy event for WRC cars that has run through the years 1999 to 2010.

The entered slot cars will be shipped out to a wide variety of rally inspired slot car tracks likely to be located in the UK, Europe, USA, Canada and Australia where they will compete against each other. Ideally Events will be scheduled every 2nd week/end. A detailed scheduled will be published once finalised . Race reports will be published firstly in the forum section of scxworldwide.com then auslot.com.au and / or slotforum.com.

Entrant's cars shall comply with the following rules and the onus is on the entrant to ensure that their car complies with these rules before posting/shipping car.

1. GENERAL INFORMATION

2012 SCX PWRC is not an official racing series organized by SCX /Tecnitoys, but is a private non-profit initiative organized by a committee of slot car enthusiasts. SCX/Tecnitoys is supporting the series.

This series will consist of only one class:

See the eligible car list and class-specific rules below for more information.

Deadlines:

Registration/expression of interest: 5th February 2012

Entry fee: 19th February 2012

Ship-out date (no later than): 2nd March 2012 (Air mail postage date)

Receiving date for 1st event: 20th March 2012

Entrants are encouraged to read all the posts on this thread in the following forums

2. REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT

Important:

1. You will find the full list of eligible cars in section # 7 of these rules.

2. Only 1 car is permissible per entrant.

3. To cover the cost of running the series we are dependent on a entry fee for each car. The entry fee is AU $26 per car (payment through PayPal).
    After allowing for all postage costs including:
    • between International rally tracks

• return of each car to its respective entrant and

• distribution of prizes, any remaining entry fee money will be added to the prize pool.

4. By paying the entry fee your entry is confirmed.

5. Be sure to read all rules before making payment and posting car to be aware of any rule updates.

All updates will be dated above the posting of these rules with date of amendment.

6. To register:

Reply in http://www.auslot.co...200#entry166200 thread to pre-register/express interest

by stating the following on one of the forums listed below:

www.scxworldwide.com , www.auslot.com or www.slotforum.com

(Please only register through one forum to avoid confusion).

Your Forum name / Car name (if known at time of registration) / Desired Car # / Your country

Payment info:

• Payment will be by Paypal: AU $26 (Australian Dollars) per car
  • The PayPal address will be PM’d to each entry on the 1st February 2012 unless requested earlier. Please use the “personal payments” option and click “shared expenses”.
  • Include your pre-registered forum name in the message field.
  • If you have further questions or need help with the payment, please contact the organisers.

3. SHIPPING

1. Cars post stamped later than 2nd March 2012 will not receive any points during the first event.

2. Cars that arrive late due to postal issues will be forwarded to the next appropriate event and rewarded points as if it had finished last place (overall) in the previous events

3. Do not ship car (or spare parts) in original crystal case. If you do so, do not expect the case and spares to be returned. See rule # 7.(Wheels & Tyres)

4. Pack the car in a bubble wrap cocoon and send it in a small compact box.

IMPORTANT! You must attach an export declaration sticker (your post office has them) on the package. The declaration should be marked with:

1. Content: Used toy car

2. Goods type: Gift.

3. Goods value: 10 (Euro, Dollar or Pound)

Entrants that fail to attach the export declaration or mark it as above risk to be billed an import duty + a handling charge. If you have further questions or need help with the shipping, please contact the organizers.

Shipping address:

SCX Proxy

c/- PO Box 190

Padstow 2211 Australia

Disclaimer: International mail sometimes gets lost. In such event the proxy organizers will try to help recover the package, but the risk remains with the entrant. The proxy organizers will not take on any economical responsibility for lost packages.

4. RALLY FORMAT

In short, rallying is a time trial sport where the cars race against the clock while completing defined stages (routes). A rally event consists of several different stages, often on various surfaces (tarmac, dirt, gravel, ice, snow, etc..), and the car that completes all the stages in the least amount of time is the winner of the rally

In our slot car series the track hosts will arrange the events in a similar style as in real rallying. The hosts are free to decide how they want to present their rally event and organise it, as long as they follow these basic guidelines:

1. Each rally event is divided into 3 stages. Each stage is a single race (stint) within the event

2. Ensure timing system delivers to 1/100 sec accuracy. Eg: Race Co-ordinator http://www.racecoordinator.net/

3. Each stage (stint) has a set amount of laps (distance).

4. All cars in each stage are driven by the same driver who is suitably experienced on the event track

5. When possible each stage to be completed on the same day

6. Sufficient track marshals to ensure deslotted cars are rectified (ideally) within 2 – 3 seconds

7. After each stage the cars are ranked by time used to complete the stage. The 3 fastest cars in each class receive stage points.

8. The times from all 3 stages are added up to make the event time which rank the cars to receive time points.

9. Time points + stage points = event points which gives the final ranking and determines the winners of the rally event

The following Time Points have been calculated with the assumption of 30 cars being entered in the series.

This list will be updated after all entry fees have been paid to reflect the total cars entered (see new point scores allocation list below)

2012bonuspoints.jpg

Edited 06/07/2012 (Copy of post 4th April 2012)

http://www.auslot.co...post__p__173086

Due to the higher number of entries this series (1/3 greater than last series) and to keep the series alive and competitive as long as we can the points to be allocated are:

The allocation of round timed points has also changed to incorporate a system that allows for closer competition.

Round Points

1st – 20 points

2nd – 17 points

3rd – 15 points

4th – 13 points

5th – 12 points

6th – 11 Points

7th – 10 points

8th – 9 points

9th – 8 points

10th – 7 points

11th – 6 points

12th – 5 points

13th – 4 points

14th – 3 points

15th – 2 points

16th down – 1 point each (if the car started)

Stage points remain the same as indicated above

In addition to follow the format guidelines, the hosts must follow the service & repair rules (see below), record timing with 1/100 sec accuracy, cooperate with the official (2012 SCX PWRC) Scorekeeper, participate actively in the event threads on the forums, supply “car feedback” to the entrants, publish pictures/media from the event, and cooperate with the organisers to get the cars shipped to the next event in time (shipping costs are refunded through PayPal).

5. TECH INSPECTION

1. Before the first event all competing cars will go through a technical inspection to check if they are in compliance with the rules.

2. The technical inspector will decided if a car can be modified to pass the inspection, or disqualified and returned to the owner.

3. The entry fee for disqualified cars will not be refunded, but instead used to cover the shipping cost

4. We suggest cars are posted well before the deadline date to allow time for any modifications / replacements if required.

6. SERVICE & REPAIRS:

A quick running inspection of the cars is done before each event start.

Service = braid adjustment, tire cleaning and lubing.

Repairs = everything else.

1. Service is allowed between stages

2. Repairs must be finished prior to the start of the first stage.

3. Repairs are not allowed between stages.

4. Repairs are allowed during a stage (while the timer is running).

Cars that require an unreasonable amount of repairs during stage time (running timer) will be disqualified and receive a DNF (Did Not Finish). DNF cars are disqualified for the whole event and will not receive any event points. The track host will have to judge when to call for DNF, but a pointer is to consider a DNF when the repair takes more than 2 x the average stage time, or the repair seems unlikely to make the car able to complete the rest of the stages in the event.

The entrant is responsible for arranging repairs and supplying the host with required parts in good time before the event start (minimum 3 days in advance).

7. General car rules

Car requirements

1. Only SCX cars on the eligible car list are permitted

2. No Pro parts, apart from braids, are to be used i.e no alloy rims, no alloy, brass or allen key gears

3. Only "analogue" cars are permitted

4. No traction magnets are permitted.

5. The Cars must run in 4WD

6. The car must be registered and race number obtained at entry. One car per selected racing number. Cars entered with wrong or duplicate numbers will be marked with correct racing number stickers at tech inspection.

Chassis

1. Only original body / chassis configurations are permitted.

2. Edges may be lightly sanded or trimmed

3. Body mounting holes may be slightly opened

4. Balancing weights may be placed inside the chassis. Lead weights must be painted

5. Chassis must have sufficient ride height to avoid bottoming out on bumpy rally tracks. The car may be disqualified (DNS) if track host judges it to be a hazard to his track. DNS cars receive no event points from the event it has been disqualified from.

6. Entrant's name must be written on underside of chassis in paint, silver Sharpie, or engraved

7. Body screw adjustment information on car underside is encouraged.

8. Stoppers inside the body may be trimmed.

9. Electrical connectors between the motor and the pickup rails in the chassis (chicken legs) may be soldered or replaced with wires.

Gears and axles (drive train)

Gears and axles must stay original SCX .... 9/27, and run in original 4wd configuration.

Motors (SCX RX-81 only)

1. Motor may be fastened in place using screws, glue or tape.

2. Bushings may be glued

3. Shims/spacers are allowed on the axles

4. Only SCX/Tecnitoys RX-81 motors can be used. Motors must be stock, as manufactured. No changes or modifications to motor are permitted aside from removal of capacitors, chokes, or resistors external to the motor. No capacitors or other electrical devices may be fitted to motor circuit, except for as manufactured suppressor and lighting device.

Guide system

1. Adjust spring tension – allowed

2. Limit vertical movement with glue or shim/O-ring - allowed

3. Only SCX standard or SCX PRO braids may be used

Body & interior

1. Body must be mounted with body screws and be easily removable. Tape or tacky clay may be used to keep loosened body screws in place

2. Light sanding/trimming of the inner wheel arches is allowed, but the body must look original on the outside.

3. Trimming mounting posts to adjust ride height is permitted

4. Light sanding/rounding off edges on the interior tray is permitted.

5. Antenna and mirrors may be removed

6. Lights and parts in the light system may be disconnected and removed, but outer lenses must remain original, or replaced with something that looks like a lens

7. Electrical connectors between body and chassis may be replaced with wires (require soldering)

8. Interior must remain as original but can be repainted. Must include a navigator

9. Re- painting of the body is allowed. Fantasy or obscure rally liveries are encouraged.

Wheels/Tyres

1. Wheels (tyre/rim) may be sanded true

2. If plastic wheels are changed for another set of plastic wheels, they must be the same diameter .... i.e no Nascar rims, no GT rims .... they must have the same look as the originals.

3. Tyre wall may be rounded off slightly (profiled).

4. Only SCX rubber tyres are allowed, Tyres must have SCX letters on the sidewall

5. Tyre may project beyond body work no more than 1 mm, as viewed from above, at maximum side travel of wheels

6. Clear finish may be applied to front tyre tread area.

7. Being 4WD cars - all four tires must touch the track

8. One set of spare rear tyres can follow the car in a small zip-lock bag marked with the car number. Tyre replacement is treated as a repair under the service & repair rules. From our experience, new or near new SCX tyres will last the distance and spares are unlikely to be needed.

Eligible car list

CarsList18_12_11.jpg

Cars may have run earlier years but the SCX cars must be from 1999 to 2010

Please note: Organisers have not viewed all cars released by SCX/Tecnitoys. The onus is on the entrant to ensure the car is a 4WD with a SCX/Tecnitoys RX-81

Edit: 18th Dec 2011 -
The Citroen C4 is back in, but must run the standard RX-81 motor

T
he Skoda Fabia and the Suzuki have been deleted from the original list
as they didn’t run and can not run the RX-81 motor
in standard form.

Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made by this proxy event organisers to cover all aspects of the rules to ensure it will be a fair and even outcome, it is likely there will be some amendments / clarifications to the above rules prior to the 2
nd
March 2012 deadline. The proxy organizers will not take on any economical responsibility for lost packages or damage to the entrants property. The risk remains with the entrant.
Edited by Ontheflipside

I can't believe that I wanted to grow up

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

A quick build rally track

2017 WRP Round 11 at Mt Salt Panorama

https://i128.photobu...zpss7sqiwfj.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Rule related question(ish). May I remove something attached to the chassis and attach it to the shell? ie) part of grill or such that is currently part of the chassis and used as a locking mechanism.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

• 3 weeks later...

• Only SCX rubber tyres are allowed, Tyres must have SCX letters on the sidewall
  • Tyre may project beyond body work no more than 1 mm, as viewed from above, at maximum side travel of wheels

Are SCX Pro tyres allowed or just the old school originals ?

Tyre projection of 1mm, is this per side ?

Thanks

Find me at Card Guys for custom trading cards

The pro tyres are fine, as long as they retain the same look ie diameter

The 1mm is to allow for axle float, so about a half each side ...... i know that there's not a SCX car built that has its wheel inside the guard ...... so before you glue your wheels back on just trim either or both the axle and hub

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

If it's not lead it doesn't have to be painted. " Is black allowed as a painted colour?" :huh:

Mount Salt Panorama Track Combined Road and Rally Track built near Salt Pan Creek Padstow - Sydney

the reason lead must be painted is cause its not safe

Thanks for that.... I had no idea.

Now for my next silly question..... How is the 0.5mm tyre vs body measured?

Here is a view of my car from the top (all good)

SCXProxy_Q1.jpg

Front the rear

SCXProxy_Q2.jpg

From underneath....

SCXProxy_Q3.jpg

I just need some clarification on how you'll judge the car during the inspection. The Subaru has rather nice puffy wheel arches.

Thanks

Mark

Measure body width at wheel arches then the outside width of the wheels

Edited by Ontheflipside

The pro tyres are fine, as long as they retain the same look ie diameter

• Only SCX rubber tyres are allowed, Tyres must have SCX letters on the sidewall
  • Tyre may project beyond body work no more than 1 mm, as viewed from above, at maximum side travel of wheels

Are SCX Pro tyres allowed or just the old school originals ?

Tyre projection of 1mm, is this per side ?

Thanks

Just a quick one, I notice the Pro tyres do have writing on the sidewall but it does'nt say SCX.

CHEERS

GARRY

HOKEY POKEY ANONYMOUS ....... A PLACE WHERE YOU CAN TURN YOURSELF AROUND

• 3 weeks later...

All good ;)

Malcolm did say there were two of you but I didn't know who. I have now have you on the list. :)

Edited by Ontheflipside