Tracks

gazza

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello fellow slotters from Oz

thought I'd add a pic of my rally tack which is a mix of SCX, Scalextric Sport and Ninco with varnished corners. Lap record in 13.82 seconds but I expect times around 16 seconds to be competitive with the SCX proxy cars. You need a car that can handle R1 bends on an off camber incline to get round in one go.

04_08_03.jpg

The second track will either be a Ninco track or a big club track where outright speed will win the day. My Peug 206 and Zero5's cars are now winging their way to you.

Matt

I think I can answer that. You need three stages at each venue. Our round will be:

Stage 1 - One lap of the four-lane Ninco club racing circuit which is this monster. On the left you see the rally ciruit, which changes dramatically every week! This is where the Castellano circuit will be set up.

Bramaracingcircuit.jpg

Stage two - One lap of the two-lane painted Sport section of Castellano.

Stage three - One lap of the complete Castellano circuit as seen in the video.

Should make for some interesting competition as the stages are so varied, both in surface and length of straights.

Gazza, thanks for loading the pictures of my track.

Edited by Graham Lane

I think more about slot cars now than I did about sex when I was sixteen.

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th October 2013

Castello delle Forme, Umbria, Italy

• 2 months later...

The RX81 motors might struggle a little with the climb. I know the 'up-side' seems fairly gentle, but it'll test 'em.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

My track is Autumn Hills and it will be hosting one of the rounds for the upcoming Oregon Trail Rally along with two more stages across town at kidvoltage's. I know one stage will be on a specially constructed rally track made of SCX classis/rally pieces and I'm not sure what the other stage will be at this time.

IMG_3575.jpg

IMG_3576.jpg

IMG_3577.jpg

Regards

Rico

I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Oscar Wilde

Hi Guys

Got the cars yesterday, hope to run them over the next few days.

We'll be running them on the Targa track as well as the new Hillclimb.

I built the Hillclimb to show you don't need a lot of space to have fun. The footprint is 24"x96" (61cm x 244cm) and a run up and back down is 230ft (70 meters). The SCX cars will be in the 42 second range.

The Hillclimb used 3.5 sheets of MDF, 3 rolls of copper tape and cost me about $100 to build, not including the electronics. The timing is by TrackMate, it gives us 4 sector times, a total time and automatically reverses the direction at the top loop. You need to sit in the chair to see most of the track, and you need to stand when the car reaches the top.

We'll run each car on the Hillclimb at least 4 times, using a different driver each time.

DSCN0460.JPG

DSCN0461.JPG

DSCN0464.JPG

DSCN0465.JPG

Love the new climb! How hard is it to reach between tracks if a car comes off??

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Looks like a bucket-load of fun there Luf! Enjoy!

I think more about slot cars now than I did about sex when I was sixteen.

logoforsignatureonSFI.png incorporating the Italian round of logoforWRP_zpsc822e290.jpg

...this is the BIG one!

3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th October 2013

Castello delle Forme, Umbria, Italy