#41 ZeGas

ZeGas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:52 PM

Finally got a few sponsors on board.

Posted Image

Also had a crack at building a pedestrian overpass.
Made from balsa, painted and paper sponsor stuck to it.
I know one side is short that side is going to have a bit of terrain that will come up to it.
The bridge isn't fixed in place yet so there is still room to alter things.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm not quite sure what to do with the car bridge yet.
I was going to make it brick or blockwork, but I'm not that talented with a dremel and would more than likely stuff it up.
So I found some ready made stick on stonework effect but is pretty expensive for the amount I need and I would still need to come up with the keystone around the arch or it would look rubbish.
Then I thought I would just paint it but think that might be bland.
So at the moment I am thinking I might just set the whole bridge as one big graffiti wall. I am no artist so that will probably be a print.
Tomorrow I'll change my mind again.

Edited by ZeGas, 01 April 2012 - 08:58 PM.

Cheers Grant
Posted Image.......................................................Posted Image
Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

3D Printed Adjustable Chassis..........3D Print Projects

If life gives you lemons, take them, free s#!t is cool.

#42 neil

V8 Fujitsu Series Driver

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

lookks good

#43 Graham Lane

La Porta Verde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

Styrofoam makes fabulous brickwork. Check out my track. I put 20,000 bricks on my viaduct!

By the way, I'm lovin' your track. Great use of space the ROC.

Edited by Graham Lane, 02 April 2012 - 11:33 PM.

Click here to see my track

I think more about slot cars now than I did about sex when I was sixteen.

Posted Image incorporating the Italian round of Posted Image
...this is the BIG one!
3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th October 2013
Castello delle Forme, Umbria, Italy

#44 ZeGas

ZeGas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 09:05 AM

Graham,

I have checked out your track, I think the whole of the slot community has checked out your track.
The jealousy runs rife in my whanau.
Don't go getting a big headed with the compliments but we are already saving to come over and stay/play a while.
Might make it part of the Tour De France trip I dream of. Be a couple of years away I guess but I have an aim.
Cheers Grant
Home Track..........Corvette C1 Build..........McLaren M1A Build..........Maserati 300S Build..........Allard J2 Build..........50's Diner..........Iso Griffo A3C

#45 Graham Lane

La Porta Verde

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:41 AM

If that's the case then I well pleased! I have gained an enormous amount of knowledge from the great tracks I have seen, mostly on slutforum I have to say. If I can help anybody in any way to gain a little inspiration from me then...I'm thrilled.
Click here to see my track

I think more about slot cars now than I did about sex when I was sixteen.

Posted Image incorporating the Italian round of Posted Image
...this is the BIG one!
3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th October 2013
Castello delle Forme, Umbria, Italy

#46 ZeGas

ZeGas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:06 PM

Thinking about using a Scalextric 4 car digital powerbase for the track and have a question.
I am thinking that I will solder cable to each rail of one slot of the powerbase and then connect to the track one for + & one for -.
Am I right in thinking that the power supply is the same from each slot, ie not like analogue where the power goes through the controllers but in parallel as per the drawing below.

Posted Image

Is this possible.
I am not to clued up with electronics as most will note by some of the simplistic Q's I have asked previously so please be gentle.

As you can see I have only one lane and I don't want to insert the powerbase, so I want to wire it up so that I can put a digital car anywhere on the track and push the button to register it on the powerbase.
Am I dreaming or is it possible, in theory it should be I feel.

Edited by ZeGas, 14 April 2012 - 03:21 PM.

Cheers Grant

#47 teamredracing

2013 winner of my Rally

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

Hey Zegas ,what a top job. Being of the rally fraternity you've done well, it looks great so far. Once it has a bit more landscaping it will come up even better. You may have to watch the copper tape as it is proned to lifting in the temperatures.Yes , Grahams gone all out on his track and what a track it is. Again ,top job
Cheers Craig
Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

#48 ZeGas

ZeGas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 05:39 PM

OK, I have just bought a scalextric digital powerbase from ebay and a couple of controllers, unfortunately I didn't get the transformer but that can come later.
I hope I have done the right thing and all will work as proposed above.
Would still like to know if I am on the right track with this idea and any tips anyone might have will be gratefully accepted.
Cheers Grant

#49 ZeGas

ZeGas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

Well Race of Champions occurred in the weekend sounded like it was a good one in Bangkok, well done to the Germans.
Shame One doesn't show sport anymore they used to Televise it.

Anyway got back into the track after a long hiatus.

Nothing much to show yet, more electronic work finally put into action with the knowledge and advice received by all the good folks around this joint.
http://www.auslot.co...ital-need-help/

So track now has magnabraid running 12v (for the kids, and the realism as Graham wanted ... http://www.auslot.co...imple-solution/ ).
and 15v when I want more of a challenge.
BTW below 12v does not work with digital.

Got a Scaley PB4 (cheap as chips, if you are thinking about digital and want a cheap way to get into it this is the go)

Everything goes like the ducks nuts. The kids play chase game and then when caught its the try and knock each other off game. Thanks god for the impact resistant bodies.

Will try to do some scenery of Christmas and post something more worthwhile than this dribble.

Anyhoo Merry Christmas to all if I don't update before then.
Cheers Grant

#50 ZeGas

ZeGas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

Oh yeah check out this android app for timing it works really well and tuning it to the track is really easy, so I found anyway.
http://www.auslot.co...ter-lapcounter/
Cheers Grant

#51 ZeGas

ZeGas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

Finally plucked up the courage to attempt some landscaping
This is the start of it.

Posted Image

And this is how it has ended up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Have to do something with the lamina flow for the fountain.

Also hunting for some bird / wildlife for the lagoon area.
In particular pelicans and gulls, obviously at around 1:32 scale or 1:42 at smallest.
Have hunted around but all seem to be to large or ceramic.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know, I have checked out Schleick stuff but they appear to be too large, pelicans anyway.
Cheers Grant

#52 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

I had a pelican but it migrated to Norway.

Have a look at the Britains Zoo collection or possibly New Ray things. Ducks and geese are easy enough to find from both brands. You may have luck on eBay. Toyworld also stock buckets of animals which may supply some interesting bits.

Embs
Computers. They'll never catch on.

Posted Image

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

#53 ZeGas

ZeGas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Thanks Embs I forgot about Britains and never heard of New Ray, I'll check them out.

Edit:
After doing a search I actually have heard of New Ray but only associated with motorbikes.

Edited by ZeGas, 05 January 2013 - 03:21 PM.

Cheers Grant

#54 Ember

Possible diorama queen

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,238 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

And I forgot to say, congratulations on the scenic work. Looking mighty good so far. Hope the fountain works as well as the rest of it.
Computers. They'll never catch on.

Posted Image

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

#55 mondeoman

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

That looks fantastic !
If it doesn`t have wheels and an engine it`s not sport!

#56 ZeGas

ZeGas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

Thanks for the kind comments.
As I said this is my first attempt at the landscaping side so critique, opinions and advice is more than welcome.

Embs, the landscaping better look good, it is your advice that has made it that way so if it looks crap only you are to blame :D, well maybe my brush strokes as well ;).

It was fun to do though, probably spent more time looking at the track than actually doing anything, anyway onwards and upwards, next stage started a bit of a cliff face.

Posted Image

The banners will be replaced when I have finished.
Cheers Grant

#57 curef99

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

this track is awesome... did you turn it on? how is it? you need to add yourself as a possible track for one of the rally proxy with a track like this!

#58 ZeGas

ZeGas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Hey Curef99,

Thanks for the complement. It was never really intended as a rally track but could probably be one (Targa).
There is still a lot of work to do, if you want to see awesome rally tracks I suggest you check out Mohawk's, Phoeno's or RSClio's now these guys have talent.

I am running a Scaley PB4 digital power board with 12v power supply for the kids and 15v for the big kids.
It is set up as a catch and chase track in the same vain as the Race of Champions comps held every December.

There are a couple on knarley corners that can throw you, at 12v they are easy enough but pumping it up to 15v you need to be careful.

Even though the braid is not recessed the cars will still drift around the corners, I haven't had one flip because of the braid yet.
So note to the adventurous home routers out there, you do not have to recess the magnabraid, I am running low profile GT cars and haven't had a problem.
Cheers Grant

#59 triggy

Triggy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Bloody great looking scenery. I like the look of the odd bits like the pipe from the bridge and the fountain splashes in the lake. They add to the color and character of the scenery.
Excellent stuff.

Normal people worry me

#60 ZeGas

ZeGas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

I've made an executive decision to create the landscaping at O scale so around 1:43 & 1:48 or 1:50.

I am thinking the cars etc will be 1:43. The peeps will be one of the three scales above as I can find, I'll try and keep like scales in the same areas.

So with that in mind I have built a 1:45 Bridge (nothing like sitting on the fence), the two boys running are 1:35 but will be replaced with fishermen when they arrive.

The car park area and some of my old collection of 50's American classics are 1:43. This was purely to see what affect the different scales have in relation to each other, doesn't seem too bad I thought, thought it would have been a lot worse.

Some areas may still be at 1:35 ie sheds for the slot cars themselves.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Cheers Grant

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users