Johnsxr8

North Bris Nascar Repaints

Hi all, a few of the guys from our club our now also repainting their Nascars now that we run them on a regular basis, and i thought i would share them with you all

25112011844.jpg

25112011850.jpg25112011851.jpg25112011853.jpg25112011854.jpg25112011858.jpg28082011696.jpg28082011697.jpg28082011698.jpg

We will have more repaints coming over the next few months

Cheers John

Edited by Johnsxr8

Check out North Brisbane Slotcar Racing: http://northbrisslots.forumotion.com

Very nice , I would like to have the Ambrose no 9 car in my collection - it would suit me perfectly , I seem to always finish mid field these days

Great looking cars guys. Also love the great job you have done laying the copper tape on the display track. Not a kink to be seen. :)

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto.

My poor Krell!

After a million years of shining sanity...

they could hardly have understood what power was destroying them.

Thanks guys, i am just starting to rub back a body to do a 2011 M&M's livery for myself and some of the guys are talking bout doing some of the cars from Days of Thunder so it will be interesting to see what we produce over the next few months. Will be great to see the Nascars you painted Steve when you post them.

John

The Ambrose No.9 looks great I hope to do one for myself this year , hope it turns out half as good as yours , good looking track to .

Richard

The Ambrose No.9 looks great I hope to do one for myself this year , hope it turns out half as good as yours , good looking track to .

Richard

Thanks Mate, yeah we have a series starting with these in a months time so we should see a few more repaints rolling out soon

Striking livery that, nice job really well done, I don't like KB either but its one of the best cars out there.

I saw the older version in the flesh the other day & it really stands out, it wil be easy to see when ur racing. I believe the only problem is for the marshalls seeing the lane colour coded sticker on the front, no it's on red, no blue, no green, no yellow! :D

I Miss Brocky...

Striking livery that, nice job really well done, I don't like KB either but its one of the best cars out there.

I saw the older version in the flesh the other day & it really stands out, it wil be easy to see when ur racing. I believe the only problem is for the marshalls seeing the lane colour coded sticker on the front, no it's on red, no blue, no green, no yellow! :D

Thanks mate. Luckly we race digital and wont have to worry about marshalls getting the lane confused

Edited by Johnsxr8

The good thing with the COT NASCARs is you can paint them pretty much any car you want. I do really like the Ambrose one, i hope someone produces it.

Great looking paint jobs. Makes mine NASCAR effort look really plain. Not the fianl product but will give general ide.

Carpaintjobs001.jpg

Regards

Charles Le Breton

Edited by charlesx

Really nice paint jobs everyone.My favourite would have to be Ambrose's.Are they pattos decals you used on the cars?What sort of finish did you put on #9.it looks sharp! I have done a falcon(in a few aussie v8s thread)and I am looking for some advice on a good finish to protect the paint and pattos decals.Finding future floor finish in Canberra is unsuccessful?Heres a nascar I painted just before I got on to Pattos. I might have to do another one with some better livery.

tablenascar031.jpg

Atleast no one else has the same paint!

polarnascar009.jpg

The decals are Parma1:24.

chucksnascar004-1.jpg

Glued foil on inside of window,to blind opposition :D

Nice effort Supercharged, yeah all the decals are Pattos, the Ambrose car is finished with a Debeers clear coat, I have also use Zero paints clear coat available from Hiroboy but you do have to be careful with the clear to not go to hard too early or you will fry the decals, the finish holds up better than the standard scaley painted bodies

Edited by Johnsxr8

You can get Debeers, clears from most automotive paint suppliers, and yes we use airbrush to do all of our bodies, but be careful using the Debeers clear to only do light dust coats first as I found out when doing my first ever attempt at clearing the decals that of you go too heavy in the first few coats it fried the decals up pretty bad and if you have to thin it down with thinners to get it to spray use a little as possible

thanks johnsxr8, i've put an airbrush on top of my shopping list. on the #9 car,did you start off putting a few really light coats over the decals and gradually increase the coats as the decals were sealed? it looks like it must have about a dozen coats or more to get a finish like that. cant wait to see some more of your paint jobs.keep up the great work. thanks again.

Hey guys, new here - and soon to be new to North Bris Slots.

Seems like I might be digging up an old thread but just wanted to add one of my resprays for you guys to look at - it might also trigger Steve (from Way2Fast) to post some of his.

530005_453582887998100_2044414538_n.jpg