Sports Sedans

gazza

great pics, I have seen most of those cars in action as I used to be a scrutineer at Oran Park way back then Tony Edmondsons car had a V8 in it and it went like the clappers I think he won the sports car championship with it a few times and I think it got totalled in a big crash? or Phil Ward ...too long ago someone else might remember.

great pics, I have seen most of those cars in action as I used to be a scrutineer at Oran Park way back then Tony Edmondsons car had a V8 in it and it went like the clappers I think he won the sports car championship with it a few times and I think it got totalled in a big crash? or Phil Ward ...too long ago someone else might remember.

If you've got any photos from back then ..... put them up

Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

If you've got any photos from back then ..... put them up

I wish I still did One time when I moved house somehow hundreds of my pictures managed to get lost grrrrrr still stewwing on that.

Brian

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at that Bob Jane Monza, the Alpha etc reminds me of the day that the last off the Group C ran at Symmonds Plains; I was marshalling and from the pit environ @ 0700hrs, the cars were backed up on the road for 10k+, out through the other side of Perth. We got 25,000+ that day, and it took till after 10.00am to get 'em all in....except for the casualties that boiled in the queue, and those were abandoned short term, 'cause no one wanted to miss that days racing. :D The same year we saw the big Sport Sedans at Baskerville; Standing room only, sell out crowds at both venues...them were the days...

Edited by haystack

Chris

H.M.C.C

Edmonston's crash involved Phil Ward and John Briggs, though I was only young I remember Briggs just touching the back of the alfa before they went under dunlop bridge at the end of the straight and it all went pear shaped. Massive fire and was hard to believe he got out of it.

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not !!!

• 9 years later...