Nz Canam Proxy 2011 - Race Round 9

SlotsNZ

Hi all

we will be running the final round on Thursday evening at my place.

I'll try and get the cars qualified tomorrow during the day and results up for the evening.

Oakland V2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiJWuhrd8uw

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Qualifying is done. I didn't have space to write all I did in each car's comments place, but I cleaned, and in some cases trimmed, and in many cases reset braids to optimise acceleration while minimising the tendency some cars had at the start to lift their nose out of the slot under acceleration.In some cases I had to have them so flat that the cars stuttered, so turned the tips down a little more to fix that.

Some cars were quite dry, and I gave the rear bushes a lube, no-one had unbearable gears so I left them alone.

Some cars may have had the guide and other issues for a while, but as I was by myself, and not under any time pressure today I spent extra time looking, checking, and generally poking the stethoscope up their exhaust pipes a bit.

Stig, I do not know why your car in particular is not going as well as previously. It is is still deadly smooth, but my track has really high grip levels for some cars, and I think your long wheelbase and "modest" track are giving it a tendency to roll out of the slot. It DOES also have a potential to rub the wheels inside thw wheel arch under load, hence my comment that it may be tripping itself up.

Boltz - sorry but I had to withdraw your car as it may have scuffed the track braid.

Chenglaw, your car should be faster, it is just hard to drive because it has too uch grip and too much poke, so it keeps lifting the nose. It needs a pile of Slot.it "lag" to cure that, which we can't offer from all drivers. I'd love to be able to glue 5gms lead inside the nose. You'd be 2/10ths quicker.

nzprqualR9.GIF

Recovering Lapsed Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Hi Mark.

Thanks for looking after cars so well. Top and middle groups look really close so should be a good contest for final round.

Looking forward to getting my little car home to try on local tracks again and perhaps trial some improvements for next year.

Whole contest has been a great learning experience for both car preparation and race organistion for the round we ran locally.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

(charlesx - McLaren M6A)

Thanks Mark.

The old M8 is in it's 2nd proxy season with the same running gear except tires, so things may be getting a bit too loose plus the motor may be getting a bit tired.

Maybe check the tires have not broken away from the hub, have used Uhu super glue which works well with NSR rubber but maybe not designed to last this long.

Regards

Orakei Racer

Orakei Racer

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!

Heya Mike

tyres are still firmly fixed at least on the critical outside edge.

Just waiting for the troops to tart rolling in. Wife chimed in with early dinner so I 'd have a clear run.

I thought I had some weight glued to the front - maybe it's not enough or could have dropped off - anyway no point worrying about it now as it's the final race. Wonder what's causing the front wheel wobble? Axle is a Slot.it, so are the wheels. Too much grip? First time it's happened to me - usually it's the opposite. Yeah, the Shark 30k is definitely an overkill in trying to cure last year's lack of grunt. Oh well, just have to hope for the best. Enjoy the wheelies, Mark!:lol:

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.

Done and dusted.

That is the NZPR Can-Am Proxy for 2011 finished, finito, all over bar the shouting, the generously proportioned lady has sung.

I had really expected Kennedy-rd's car to run away with the final round, but not to be.

Congratulations JAZZBELL

on a stunning car, and on taking out the Series

nzprresultsR9.GIF

Finishing Positions - OVERALL

nzproverallR9.GIF

Finishing Positions - Handicap

nzprhandicapR9.GIF

Now, Jazzbell kindly put up prize money for this event, which I have locked away in my ozzie account.

I have just trolled every page I can think of in the event organisation, and I CANNOT for the life of me find it......

If anyone can remmeber where I published the split for 1st, 2nd and 3rd, I'd be grateful if yu could point me to it!

Of course, Jazzbell gets a fair chunk of that refunded LOL......

Kennedy-rd and I get to take away the balance.

- Thanks very much Shane for your contribution.

Jazbell also donated his entry to the concours winner, who is Stubbo, so Alan, I will return TWO cars to you.

I am a bit knackered, so will answer any/all questions tomorrow morning, then away for the weekend.

Cars will be returned next week.

Thanks all entrants, and for those reading, again thanks to all hosts, the faithful who drove rounds, and who marshaled.

Thanks to Mark for all his work organising this event - and congrats to Shane, Mark and Chris on their placings.

Thanks also to Shane for his generosity. This hobby clearly needs more guys like Jazzbell. If you're ever keen on a trip to NZ Shane, the boys would love to host you here in the Bay.

I was stoked with my fourth place. I was hoping to be first non podded car home. Sweet.

Thanks again Mark. Bloody good effort.

Mac

Podiums are for short people.

Thanks Mark for organising and running such a good event. It is always run in good spirits and it seems that everyone has fun (except for the results).

Congratulations to Shane, Mark and Chris for their series placings. Also to Stig for winning class B and handicap honours.

A special thanks to Shane for his sponsorship and donation to my garage. :D

And finally to all those who hosted a round and to the drivers and marshals a very big thankyou. Especially to the guys from Christchurch. A huge effort and greatly appreciated.

Look forward to doing it all again next year.

Cheers

Alan Stubbings

Congratulations Jazzbell for your overall win .. and well done to the other place winners ... Big congrats to Mark for a well run Proxy series ... A Big thanks from myself , for inviting me to be a first time host of 1 of the proxy rounds here in Christchurch ... May even put in an entry myself for the next one .. Well done to the other hosting clubs and there helpers ...

Cheers .. Wazza .

Congratulations to everyone who organised and contributed to the series. It's great to see an event run in the correct spirit and everyone enjoying themselves. My car was a mid packer but a few lessons learned about your tracks and suitable tyres plus HRS 2 front ends was gained so all in all it was a positive.

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

Thanks to Lenny Broke for pointing out that the results published only totaled up 3 lanes for our round and flowing through to the totals. I have fixed the formula, and re-posted so everything adds up, doesn't affect any positions.... sorry about that folks.....

"this was a test, Lenny passed, the rest of us have to go back to math 101........" :lol::D

Thanks again for taking time and effort, Mark; Well done. Also,those who lead to the finish, sterling effort. As for the rest, better luck next.

I'm cured of my infatuation with Ironclad Panzercamfwagons (congratulations for knicking first overall 917/30, Trev).

Now to develop something seriously quick for next season... :rolleyes:

Chris

H.M.C.C

Hi Mark

Once again well done on another well run series and final round. This is how a series should be run. with the director in charge the whole way . Also thank you to all the round hosts for running their round well and ina timely manner. there was no Phaffin' around with when rounds were run and if there was a problem a sloution was found to fix it. A Special thanks to the Christchurch blokes for their efforts after all thats happened there this year.

Congratulations to Shane for his win in the series this year and thanks for your other inputs to the series. While Shane is a regular winner everywhere he goes , he does put back into the hobby and is most generous with his time, advice and in kind support.

And congratulations to Stig for the class round win. Also on the Handicap and Class B wins in the series. I should have stayed schtumm about the lapscores as I think I had the class win this round up till that point. :wacko:

For me the series went as well as I could have expected given that the car didn't go in the spec I intended (gearing & tyres), The DNF in round 1 (poor prep by me) and the low score in round 5 didn't help things either.(curious to know if there was problem or whether the car was just rubbish there). Anyway enough excuses from me

Looking forward to doing it all again next year

regards Alan

Edited by lenny broke
re-read the edited edited post and re-edited for spelling errors

Well done Shane good to see another Aussie win! But those Kiwi,s are getting closer!

Thanks to everyone who hosted,marshalled and drove during this series.

Mark managed to get the series completed even with all the problems over there.

Stigs class win must be due to the paint job on the Honker! I know he is not around so I can say what I like!

Next year? Back to more HP and less weight for my car!

Guest jazzbell

A big thanks to Mark for running the series,the track hosts ,the drivers and marshals that helped at each round. Also well done to Mark and Chris for 2nd and 3rd places.

I'm happy with the out come and how the Chappy was still running strong to the end. :D Hope all that drove the car enjoyed.

As for my prize money Mark,i'm donating it back towards your 2012 NZ Nationals next year to put towards prizes. If my work load is ok i hope to make the trip over for the event .

All the best.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Congrads to Shane,Mark and Chris.

Also big thanks to Mark for organising this year's event and all the drivers, marshalls and track owners.

Overall happy with the M8's performance considering the quaility of the competition.

But will likely retire the big Mac for next yr's race and work on a new project if Can Am is still the class next yr.

Good to see Antony's car suddenly appear from nowhere in the last round to pip me.

Also congrads to Slotmadmac's car for being the surprise package over the series.

Hope to see everyone around next yr.

Regards

Orakei Racer

Orakei Racer

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!

Congrats to Shane, Mark & Chris, some awsome cars you have built.

Thank you to everyone involved in making this series a great experience. (and a steep learning curve :unsure:)

Thanks to Mark and Charles for the continued efforts attempting to make my car drivable... :lol:

Mark you can send Jeffs car back with mine please.

thanks again guy's..

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

Now to develop something seriously quick for next season...

Dunno why you didnt send that ugly Porche back over,,,a memorable car that.

A change is as good as a holiday John...thought I'd try something with horsepower and footprint, but it was such a big bucket... :lol:

Back to the blueprint next season but.. ;)

Chris

Edited by haystack

Chris

H.M.C.C