SlotsNZ

Nz Canam Proxy 2011 - Race Round 9

Congratulations to Jazzbell on the overall win and Stig on taking out handicap honours and well done of course to all the place getters. Also a very big thank you to Mark and all the hosts for another very well run series, really appreciate all the effort that goes into making a series go so well. Love the Can Am format and would like to see it continue, if only because I seem to have acquired rather a lot of resin Can Am bodies now. Thanks again to all who contributed to a fantastic series.

Hi all

I have the inevitable bags of loose parts which were knocked of cars during the series.

Of them, the 4 items pic tured, I cannot determine which car they came from - unless they were wrongly placed in the bag with entrants parts, oor were in the "race case" I modified to use for shipping the cars about.

I am sure the red mirror at top left is from a resin car, and Phil's seems most likely as it does not currently sport a mirror, but I am uncertain.

So could folk look and holler.

The exhaust system at bottom left has me completely beggared.

There are some other loose parts, mainly mirrors, and Phils driver's head, and Orakei Racer's wing, which broke off in an off in the last heat, which are already stashed with the appropriate car. Also the replaced motor for pitlane's car, and a pair of tyres related to Davnic's car.

looseparts.jpg

Recovering Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Hi Mark. Only a guess but I thought the exhaust system might have belonged to Stubbos Matich. Had meant to have a look at early photos he provided but did not get around to it. Possibly before 2010 event.

Think my wing mirror was fairly obvious.

Regards

Chas Le Breton

The red stanchion mirror looks like OEP Fly Porsche or Ferrari deck mirror; and the exhaust looks like a token effort from my 917/30, ex Fly 917/10. :blink:

The others are no doubt trade items that have dropped out of slot car hyperspace; the place where all those bits you drop and can't find go to. ;)

Chris

H.M.C.C

Mark I haven idea if I fitted a mirror to the Lola, it was long ago, and 7 proxy cars ago! The mirror is a Fly mirror and may be off my car IF I fitted one!

My pick though would be that it is form Bolts,s Ferrari. The other red mirror is most likely from davinics 350.

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

Hi all

the last of the cars are going out today, apart from BoltzLightining whose address I cannot find as I misplaced his entry form - or didn't receive one.

I PMed him a couple of days back but haven't had any reply, so if anyone knows him outside of forum, can you get him to give me a whistle with his return address.

thanks again for a fun series guys.

Recovering Slot Addict :ph34r:  *  Custodian of many used screws (mostly loose :rolleyes:)  *  Total kidder  *  Companion of other delusional slot addicts :lol:  

Hi all

the last of the cars are going out today, apart from BoltzLightining whose address I cannot find as I misplaced his entry form - or didn't receive one.

I PMed him a couple of days back but haven't had any reply, so if anyone knows him outside of forum, can you get him to give me a whistle with his return address.

thanks again for a fun series guys.

Thanks Mark.

Received my car today.

Little bit of TLC required, then she'll join the other shelf queens.

- Orakei Racer

Orakei Racer

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast!

Congrats to Mark, Shane & Chris.

Thanks for looking after all of us.

Mark I still need to pay you for that ripper motor, that got me a STAGE WIN.

"If one does not fail at times,

then one has not challenged himself."

Ferdinand Porsche

Package arrived today. This is a good series. You send 1 car and get 2 back. Now to the Cape, do my best "Quincy" impersonation and perform an autopsy on both of them.

Thanks again to everyone involved, especially to Mark.

Looking foward to next year.

Alan Stubbings

Guest jazzbell

Alan did you read in the fine print on the car you won,i think clause 1:2 That prize is not allowed to be raced in 2012.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Have fun and take care with it.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Welcome home Mr Numero Uno.

I heard you were away, but didn't know for how long.

Thanks again for putting up the prize money.

I have pocketed mine, I am waiting for Kennedy-rd to tell me what to do about his, as it is sitting on my Oz account. so I'll probably just sort Chris out the equivalent in kiwi pesos.

What do you want me to do with yours - just transfer it bacl to your account? - PM me

One way to save on sponsorship "win the bleeding event" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alan did you read in the fine print on the car you won,i think clause 1:2 That prize is not allowed to be raced in 2012.....

regards shane a

team thunderbird

I saw that liitle condition and I will honour it.......... but I will give it a couple of laps so I know what I have to beat. B)

And I will take care of it. I am going to ask Ember to make a nice little display for it.

Cheers

Alan Stubbings

Guest jazzbell

Welcome home Mr Numero Uno.

I heard you were away, but didn't know for how long.

Thanks again for putting up the prize money.

I have pocketed mine, I am waiting for Kennedy-rd to tell me what to do about his, as it is sitting on my Oz account. so I'll probably just sort Chris out the equivalent in kiwi pesos.

What do you want me to do with yours - just transfer it bacl to your account? - PM me

One way to save on sponsorship "win the bleeding event" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mark you missed my post on the other page. Put my prize money back and use it for prizes towards the 2012 NZ Nationals. You might see me next year dependig on my work and slot load.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

I saw that liitle condition and I will honour it.......... but I will give it a couple of laps so I know what I have to beat. B)

And I will take care of it. I am going to ask Ember to make a nice little display for it.

Cheers

Joking Alan ,it's all your's now ,do as you please. It's going to be hard to build something as good as this years chappy,but i think i can manage.

shane

Looks like I'm going to be busy for a while. :)

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Ah shanks Shane

yeah I had missed that post. I'll let Chris (Kennedy-Rd) know.

it would be great if you and/or any others could get over.

Dave S. - come on, you and Jazz head to head . . . :)

We'd sure look after any visitors whom came from Oz, some of us could provide accom. and transport to and from venues - nothing is more than 10 minutes from anywhere else in Napier LOL

Hi Mark

Denny lobbed on the doorstep this morning,just a bit of a scratch on his skid lid to show for his travels.

Cheers, Alan

Hi Mark,

the Alfa got back today.

All is well.

Could you please sent me a pm about the cost for the replacement motor.

Thank you

"If one does not fail at times,

then one has not challenged himself."

Ferdinand Porsche

The three Tassie cars arrived today. my Lola driver is now ready to run again with his head back on. Stigs Honker had the rear tyres loose on the rims,so that is probably why the performance went off in the last few rounds.

Other than they they both are ready to race again.

Phil

Hobart Miniature Car Club

Tassie Resins

Email

Logos%2016_17.small_zpswkcwjf0q.jpg

My shoebox got back home yesterday morning - all intact except for the wing mirrors and a piece of the rear spoiler which were packed into a plastic bag. Other than that, none the worse for wear. Thanks for an enjoyable series, Mark - had fun seeing the Chappy going up and down the roller coaster, although most of the time it was struggling uphill. Nevertheless, as Can Am's have long been one of my favourites, I'll be back again for next year's bash (and be bashed again? :wub: ). So now it's to the work table to put together my next Cinderalla............... :wacko:<_<

Lim

I enjoy racing. Winning or losing is secondary.