Jgtc Cars

dangermouse

Thought I would post some pics of my JGTC / SUper GT cars. I have enjoyed collecting them and hope to add a few more to the collection over time. Looking forward to Scaleauto doing the new Honda HSV hope that Ninco or Scalextric also pick up on them.

Thought I would start with my Ninco Supra collection - I have 6 of them not sure if that is all of the JGTC ones - please let me know if there are others.

CIMG0923.jpg

cheers

DM

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Zent one is the best livery Ninco have done. I know they did it with the Lexus to but it doesn't look nearly as good as the Supra. I am loking forward to the scaleauto HSVs to. I know the black car is listed to be released first but the Autobacs is the one i am waiting for. It looks fabulous.

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

Very nice line-up DM, I used to have quite a few Ninco JGTC cars but sold them to follow endurance and F1. Looking at these makes me wish I hadn't.

Looking forward to seeing your Ninco NSX collection. I have the green Takata NSX - one of my favourite looking slot cars.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some more of the collection.

Ninco NSX + Cartrix NSX

649ee0e3.jpg

Nissan Collection

Ninco 350z and 3 Scalextric R34 Skylines

c1d05181.jpg

Scalextric/Quattrox Takara Cars

d29b634e.jpg

Lexus

1 G-Slot on a Ninco Chassis and 2 Ninco cars and a body awaiting a chassis.

389a0966.jpg

Did I mention I like JGTC Cars :)

Still chasing another Ninco Nissan 350z - then I need to decide on whether to grab the Fly JGTC F40 or not....and whether to grab a Carrera Nissan 500GT

Few more cars to go more pics later

cheers

David

Edited by dangermouse

Guest jazzbell

Very nice David,

The more i look at the epson i like even more,even though i have. The holy grail of cars in my opinion i see you still need. The Autobacs :wub: I'd like to help but i only have one race car and shelf queen.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Edited by jazzbell

Gslot body on a Ninco chasis??

I picked the car up 2nd hand - something a little different I liked the livery - I wouldn't have bought it if it was a G-Slot alone but he has done a good job on fitting the Ninco chassis and it goes as well as other Ninco cars. I will spend a bit of time tuning it which will probably involve - weighing the body and then working out how to trim some weight off it.

Yeah Shane there is an Autobacs on eBay at the moment - tossing up whether to go for it or not.. I think I will wait for Scaleauto to bring out the Autobacs HSV

As I have posted elsewhere after chasing all 6 of the Supras I have now decided in terms of the older released cars to pick my favourite 2 liveries and only try to grab those cars. If something new comes out then I would get that as new cars are easier to buy than chasing older ones on eBay

Why are these little cars so addictive

cheers

DM

Edited by dangermouse

• 4 months later...

Added a few more JGTC/Super GT cars to the collection.

The Ninco Houzan Nissan 350z is stunning so glad I bought it, as is the Carrera GT-R GT500 beautiful car.

The other 2 are my Mini-Z JGTC cars (told you I like JGTC cars :))

and I finally put a chassis under the Open Interface Lexus

97ae13c5.jpg

c4c3d682.jpg

b890450e.jpg

0c903261.jpg

cheers

DM

DM, that Houzan is stunning! Black and white always looks so sharp.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

I don't have that one Paul - nice car.

I was a bit annoyed Scaley didn't release the C3008 and C3009 Nissan GT-R

The Carrera Calsonic is sweet and if I can find a Motul I will grab it as well.

Ember - yes the Houzan is stunning my photo doesn't do it justice - it is on the short list of my favourite cars

Stargate

The Quattrox Takara cars were a partnership between Scalextric and a Japanese company. As far as I am aware they were only released in Japan with the figurine in the box. They were also one of the earliest plug'n'play digital cars. They were sold by Scalextric without the figurine. As for the price of them - well it is all about supply and demand. They look good, the figurines are a nice extra which combined with their rarity has made them collectible. They are also good runners.

cheers

David

Edited by dangermouse

• 4 weeks later...

My latest addition to the JGTC collection

030a3e8f.jpg

Repaint of a Ninco Supra - decals by Patto they are the peel and stick ones and I will say that they were easy to work with and the finish is comparable to waterside, maybe only in the smaller decals did I find they didn't disappear into the surface. The ease of use made up for this. Thumbs Up!

I coated the body in an Acrylic Gloss Clear - White Knight Crystal Clear - 3 coats very happy with the gloss and no problem with the decals.

cheers

David

Edited by dangermouse

David,

Glad to here that you are happy with the peel and stick decals. Your car looks great. As I said to you, they are easy to apply and you really can't stuff them up, and if you do, peel it off and re-apply it. Sure waterslide give a better finish but for club racing, the peel and stick are durable and aren't as visually bad as some make out once clear is added.

Kirk

Thanks Kirk

The peel and stick are an option and seem durable enough I didn't have any curling issues and was able to cut them easily to fit into creases etc. I would have preferred peel and stick when I was doing my 1/24 Minolta 88C :)

Think I will go back to water slide for my next car as the finish on the finer details is better. But for the right car I would likely use them again.

David

• 3 weeks later...