Which Controller ?

Roger Miller

speaking of professor motor controllers....

a standard version was handed over to me for repairs....

my question was....

" how do you break the trigger into half ???" :o

the young fellow just handed it over to me and said would you please fix my hand controller?

the trigger has broken into half and the only way to fix it was to get a new trigger.

i just don't know how these young bloods use a controller :lol:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At our track we are about to convert over to four 35ohm Parma economy controllers, no 'guest' controllers with whiz-bang pots on them etc. Everyone has to race on these same controllers. People just have to learn to adapt their racing to them. Our main concern is to have four reliable identical controllers, so that variable is removed and we just have to worry about differences in track speeds. People have to adopt driving style and car set up to suit

The 35ohm resistor seems best on our track and car combos.

I'm with Burglar all the way on this one, although our club allows any type of controller (Slot.It's most commonly used, non-mag MDF racing). In extreme cases, track power supply voltage can be reduced to make high powered classes more controllable. Simpler controllers also save a heap of cash to be put towards new cars!!

Putting aside the adjustability factor of the electronic controllers, the reliability, consistency and low maintenance of a non-contact controller is a definite plus over analog controllers though.

Ouch, sitting on the fence again!!