Cox Chaparral 2D Project...

It's been a while so I thought I would drop this on the forum. Needless to say. it's a Cox Chaparral 2D that I'm working on among many other projects which I'll put up when done real soon.

The first thing I wanted to do with this car was to lower the car to a better stance. In order to that you have to cut the interior down (check photos) along with the posts. The good news about dropping the interior is that the wires from the motor fit better under the interior. I'm not using the original headlights so I have filled in the holes. I'll use a more realistic set of lights. I also fitted the black wrap for the windows. These will be fitted with rivets later. The body is not done yet but half way there. More details will be added. The chassis will be sand blasted along with the wheels. This car should look pretty good when it's done.

chaptwodprimfull.jpg

Edited by brityank

Thanks lads

Update...

Building the rear spoiler. All I did here was use a piece of styrene and cut it down to size. Sanded the edges down cut 4 slits even across. I found some old round small etched hood hinges with holes in the middle and placed rivets in the middle of them. I then lined them up and glued them into place and then cleaned up the back of the spoiler. I've added scratched built door handles which I'll remove and add to the finished body later. You can see I've already started to clean up the body some more and I will do more clean up later before painting.

Please keep in mind that this is not meant to be accurate and there will be some exaggeration

More detailing to come

Onward...

chaptwobuildtwo.jpg

The photo of the chassis took me back to when I was in primary school... Thanks. :)

[edit:] The magnesium Cox chassis that I had back then was just the ducks guts to me, I would so love to still have it.

Edited by inveterate retiree

I used to be surprised that I was still surprised by my own stupidity, finding it strangely refreshing.

Well I don't now.

I'm over it!

Photos of my track in progress.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's truly a work of art brityank!

If that were mine I wouldn't dare race it, I couldn't bare to put a scratch on it.

The quality of your photo's is also superb.

I used to be surprised that I was still surprised by my own stupidity, finding it strangely refreshing.

Well I don't now.

I'm over it!

Photos of my track in progress.

• 2 months later...

wow, to me a single lap around my favourite track (slowly and without anyone else withing 10 metres of a controller) just to show it works and straight into the display case...

unfortunately I'm new to this forum and all of your older projects are no longer visible so I can only guess what the quality of those is like, any chance of getting those images back on line (not linked but as a catalogue)?

• 3 years later...