Are You With Vodafone For Your Mobile Service?

Rob

Guys Im interested to here from you guys if you are using the vodafone network for your mobile service.

My family has been with 3 for years and all in all not bad when it comes to deals, service and network availability. Vodafone have taken them over and as contracts expire are getting people to swap over to their network. Cant say im keen on the idea remembering the issues earlier in the year.

Any one with first hand experience particularly in the Melbourne area?

Regards

Rob

I have voda phone here in Tasmania and it is crap I live on the outskirts of the CBD(Launceston) the tower is on the Myers building which I can see from my place and I am lucky to get 2 bars of reception and it drops out all the time I have to walk around the house until I find the best spot, do not and would not recommend them at all.when I am driving around for work it is worse. I could keep going but I wont

Guys Im interested to here from you guys if you are using the vodafone network for your mobile service.

My family has been with 3 for years and all in all not bad when it comes to deals, service and network availability. Vodafone have taken them over and as contracts expire are getting people to swap over to their network. Cant say im keen on the idea remembering the issues earlier in the year.

Any one with first hand experience particularly in the Melbourne area?

Get out while you can. I was with them for 4 years. Totally crap. Poor coverage and back up. Great up front costs and plans but when it comes to what you paid for it really counts for nothing. I am with Amaysim now. They piggy back on Optus and so far all is well.

Regards,

Perro

Hi Rob,

I've been with yodafone since 2000, and i've had two issues. The first was being convinced to get a new phone for 'free', which was a really crappy phone, and the other was when i lost my phone it took 70 minutes to get to somebody to suspend the service, and 6 days later when my phone turned up in my wife's handbag it was another 65 minutes.

Twice during my time with them they have given me 6 month subscriptions to motor mag, and when i previously renewed my contract in '09 they suggested my usage warranted going to a lower plan, which has consistently saved me $20per month.

I'm about to renew my contract, and I will remain with vodafone.

Please be aware I use my phone for such strange things as phone calls and sms, not mobile internet kind of stuff, which was where the issue of 12 months ago stemmed from.

My wife is through the crazy john netowrk which uses the vodafone network, and when she sends me images it can take several hours, and i can tell you picture messages at 3am are not well received!

It doesn't matter who you go with, some people with have a great run, and other, like Perro, not so great.

My mum says I'm an excellent driver

Rob,

Ummm RUUUUUN!!!

I had them for 3 mths and no coverage were i am when I was assured I would.

Had no signal at all, the closer I got to home the less bars there would be until 0..

Spent mths trying to sort it out ( ringing Egypt )

No help at all...

Go in store.... Can't help because I signed up over the phone.

Eventually gave up and rang telecommunications ombudsmen..

Sorted in 2 hrs!!

You've got my number Rob, call me if youwant more info.

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

hope I'm not forced to resign to Vodaphone, At the moment me & my wife are still on the origanal $10 plan with 3, have had no probs ever, exept they wont give any new phones due to the $10 plan not covering cost of any new models, but thats ok my draw is full of phones from past.

Hi Rob ,Well I must be the only one that has no probs so far. Been with them for years now and only for not getting a signal at the end of my drive way but in saying that , the other phone company's that I know my friends have dont get a signal either at the same place. I too am in spitting distance to the tower where I live. I was up at Coffs for the WRC and found reception null and void up there in the back hills . Mel (OTFS) had Telstra and getting a random signal and Gazza is with Optus and was getting a randem signal. If Mario says you can still get 3 ,give it a go and see if you can hitch back up with them if your happy with them.

Cheers Craig

Craig

"You can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Hate to be pedantic. But if 3 (who took over Hutchison Telecom) have now, in turn, been taken over by Vodaphone it is extremely unlikely that they are going to have access to the Optus network to piggy back from no matter who was their contracted service partner before the takeover.

I'm certainly in Never Never land as far as Vodaphone is concerned. Actually, Optus have the best coverage here once again just as they did in the early days of analogue and GSM.

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Just my 2 cents worth here

We have always been with Telstra, and won't be going anywhere else.

Others may offer cheaper options, but they just dont do it for us.

As far as I know (welcome to be shot down, again) they are the National Carrier, and everyone else buys space or whatever it is that make our phones work, off of them

Where ever and when ever, we are at a gig well away from home, only Telstra mobile works, sometimes. Anyone with another Carrier has no chance at all. things may br different in Australia, but in the NT, I know where we will stay.

We are continually bombarded with offers promising all sorts of stuff only Telstra can give us, but will not move.

Cheers

John

"S#!t Happens"

Sorry Kenny/John. There actually is no national carrier when it comes to mobile phones. Optus, Telstra and to a much lesser extent Vodaphone all own their own mobile network infrastructure either owning their own towers, or renting space and mounting their own repeaters on the comms tower belonging to someone else. The same can not be said for land lines, which are still largely running on Telstra infrastructure. The exception to this is the major city areas where Optus has it's own fibre network that was laid for the initial launch of cable tv.

Edited by Ember

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Sorry Kenny/John. There actually is no national carrier when it comes to mobile phones. Optus, Telstra and to a much lesser extent Vodaphone all own their own mobile network infrastructure either owning their own towers, or renting space and mounting their own repeaters on the comms tower belonging to someone else. The same can not be said for land lines, which are still largely running on Telstra infrastructure. The exception to this is the major city areas where Optus has it's own fibre network that was laid for the initial launch of cable tv.

Thats OK Embs, Like I said,may be different in Australia, but in the NT, only Telstra towers, others may have what you say here too ,but any other carrier is useless away from the main centres.

This is way off topic, but have you heard of our "Banned Drinkers Register"

Everyone has to have an ID(driver licence) check to but alcohol. The check is a scanner linked to its base via the 3G network. Some of our biggest problem drinkers buy their grog at remote roadhouses that still only have dial-up internet. No check possible, no problem. Apparently.

"S#!t Happens"