Sign in to follow this  
philip081958

New To The Group

hi just started out with slot cars after 20 year break so mutch has changed.haveing problems with digital cars are hesitint like a road car mising and blowing chips4 in 3 months but here to learn.i still use the analouge tracks i have more than the digital,i just get that anoyeyd with digital ,when its working its fun but gives you so many probs cars going ferile getting possed and takeing off on there own.so i go back to what i know anerloug .cheers phil

Edited by philip081958

Cheers Phil

Analogue is enough for me too.

regards and welcome

John Warren

Slotcars are my preferred reality

Welcome Phil.

There are a few digital experts around here. Hopefully they'll drop by and be able to help you out. Or you can post specific questions in the digital section.

There's an awful lot of information already there that may well be of assistance. So, put the kettle on (or grab a beer if you're that way inclined at this hour of day), settle yourself in the comfy chair and be prepared to read. Lots.

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Hi Phil

Welcome mate, plenty of info on here. use the search function or just browse. if you cant find what your looking for ask! :D

Cheers

Love,

Kai smileyhawk.jpg

Hi Phil, aim am new too, but I notice the digital comment. I run a Ninco Digital track and had a couple of minor issues that differ to analogue systems.

What system are you've running?

Beer, women and Slot CARS!!!!

Hi Phil, I run ninco digital track, & found out about Inox in the early days of being a member here. As has already been mentioned, it is magic - a little squirt on the braids & problems disappear. :)

I used to be surprised that I was still surprised by my own stupidity, finding it strangely refreshing.

Well I don't now.

I'm over it!

Photos of my track in progress.

Hi Phil, aim am new too, but I notice the digital comment. I run a Ninco Digital track and had a couple of minor issues that differ to analogue systems.

hi thanks for the encouragement i am runing scalextric digital,tracks about 35 metres in .thanks for the tip on inox

hi thanks for the encouragement i am runing scalextric digital,tracks about 35 metres in .thanks for the tip on inox

Welcome Phil,

I have a 40m Scalextric Digital setup on a table 5.5m x 2.5m and have been using INOX for over 3 years with great results, I also have all the SSD modifications which deliver all the uninterupted power and race management system linked to PC for fuel simulation pit lane speed limiting etc.

If you have any questions fire away hope we can save you the time we lost :D

Cheers

Phil

Welcome Phil,

I have a 40m Scalextric Digital setup on a table 5.5m x 2.5m and have been using INOX for over 3 years with great results, I also have all the SSD modifications which deliver all the uninterupted power and race management system linked to PC for fuel simulation pit lane speed limiting etc.

If you have any questions fire away hope we can save you the time we lost :D

i have had a few problems with cars blowing chips

I have blown a few in my time as well, some common reasons are;-

- Over lubrication of motor, this can dmage any motor but with digital it can lead to chip damage as well.

- Using larger (hoter) motors, the Scaley SSD chip is designed for 18K RPM motors and the biggest motors I have had success is 20K, the Slot.It SSD chip can handle up to 25K RPM's.

- Adding too much extra magnet can overload the motor.

- Motor shorting (bad motor) can also blow a chip.

- The SSD chip is also only rated to 16 volts so too high a voltage to the track can blow motors as well.

I had one particular car that blew 3 chips and I eventually tested the motor and it was sparking inside really badly, I think this meant it had a short in it and the easier and cheaper solution was to replace the motor.

There is a modification to repair the common blown chips types but you need to be good with a soldering iron as it is a real micro job. I have failed on 3 attepmts to repair a chip but I had one fixed but an electronics guy and it works great now and can handle hotter motors as well.

Hope this helps, blowing chips is a real bummer!

Cheers

Phil

i have had a few problems with cars blowing chips

I have blown a few in my time as well, some common reasons are;-

- Over lubrication of motor, this can dmage any motor but with digital it can lead to chip damage as well.

- Using larger (hoter) motors, the Scaley SSD chip is designed for 18K RPM motors and the biggest motors I have had success is 20K, the Slot.It SSD chip can handle up to 25K RPM's.

- Adding too much extra magnet can overload the motor.

- Motor shorting (bad motor) can also blow a chip.

- The SSD chip is also only rated to 16 volts so too high a voltage to the track can blow motors as well.

I had one particular car that blew 3 chips and I eventually tested the motor and it was sparking inside really badly, I think this meant it had a short in it and the easier and cheaper solution was to replace the motor.

There is a modification to repair the common blown chips types but you need to be good with a soldering iron as it is a real micro job. I have failed on 3 attepmts to repair a chip but I had one fixed but an electronics guy and it works great now and can handle hotter motors as well.

Hope this helps, blowing chips is a real bummer!