Guest jazzbell

Adelaide 2012

Hey Jimmy, the two scale auto porsches I have did need a little work how ever I purchased a BMW from ace hobbies and it literally took less than half an hour to get right, So maybe the quality control has been improved . The two that I have set up do seem to handle very well on Andrews track and the same on jan's track with less than a 1/10 between them, but we have to wait and see how they go over seas. Bear in mind the ground clearance we have to run is 1.80 mm but it does not seem to bother them I suppose it would only be better lower.

Noel

Hi Guys, I have been "playing" with Noel setting up the ScaleAuto Porsche for his race in Europe and I can really see this as a fantastic future class for slotcar racing.

It brings together slotcars and modelcars into one package. Bolt it together, glue the body bits like a model aaaand.. best of all, simply screw it to the body mounting posts and its done. Get some nice Patto's stickers and race! Gee we've come a long way... my first slotcar back in the sixties was this easy!

Kim

They are great for us guys with a plastic chassis background because they come in a rtr form and can be bought and run as is or you can go down the modelling decal route if you want. The chassis looks similar to a Plafit with about half the bits. After driving the plafits at the nationals and punting one of these i could get a liking for metal. These have a much more torquey motor and feel more punchy to drive than a plafit.

(not better or worse just different) With a standard car and a set of foamies one of these was in the mid to low sevens on the lowndes track. I am here to tell you that is seriously honking out of a 20k motor.

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

Ive had a look around and there are about 4 million scaleauto motor to choose from!! Is there any indication at this stage what the motor specs will be? The Germans use rubber tyres and the US use foam (I think). Keep telling you to move up to 1/24 Trev.

cheers

rick1776

Hi Shane,

The scale auto class. Some clarification please. Min weight is 185g for Porsches only?? What if you run another car? There are quite a few cars coming out but rules only mention Porsche and BMW. Are these the only cars that can run? No mention of motor yet? Has this been decided yet? Pro comp 3 wheels?? What are these, are they sponge?? I thought that there were three different sponge tyres available. Will only one type be allowed??

cheers

rick1776

The scale auto class. Some clarification please. Min weight is 185g for Porsches only?? What if you run another car? There are quite a few cars coming out but rules only mention Porsche and BMW. Are these the only cars that can run? No mention of motor yet? Has this been decided yet? Pro comp 3 wheels?? What are these, are they sponge?? I thought that there were three different sponge tyres available. Will only one type be allowed??

on and sitting on 27.5 mm rears pro comp 3 and 26.5 mm

fronts. To be honest there really was not a bad handling

car over there. Every racer had exactly the same car which

made the racing close. I'm sure the rules will vary regarding

weight when the new releases appear. Oh and your right

the end weight was 185 grams mine came in at 192 grams

and one BMW was pitting beside me and his was about

195 grams. In keeping with the over seas rules I think the

class will be a simple one where there can really be no

arguing over the rules. Hope this helps a little.

Yes the pro comp 3 are foam the motors used there are now no longer available and I'm not sure if all the cars are shipped with the same motors.

Noel

Edited by gazza

Guest jazzbell

Hi Shane,

Rick,

Min weight for the Porsche is due to the car being lighter than the BMW.

In the rules i mentioned in part (a) if new cars come out before the event they will be added to the list of cars.

Motor has not been added as yet due to a couple of reasons.

1. The cars that are released come out with 2 different spec motors.

2. Keeping in line with the world standard for this class the current motor is the 25k scaleauto motor. Word is they might be dropping this motor and going to the NSR.

3.Procomp 3 is a sponge tyre we will all be using. When you purchase these they are glued and trued to perfection. NO other compound of scaleauto tyre allowed.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

The real difficulty here is that scaleauto changed the motor from a sc11 to a sc25 mid production. Although there is not a lot of difference between the two I think that people want an even footing. The sc 25 or "sprinter" motor is a little more powerful by spec but in the real world of racing there is not that much of a difference that one would be a massive advantage. Personally i would like to see a standard spec class where either motor is acceptable so the cost is lower and the participation rate is higher. I understand if a spec motor is imposed and the reasons why.

I always think voltage makes a difference. At the nationals which i was massively impressed with i thought while driving that only the nascars were a bit pedestrian. If these cars need a bit more zip for the track rather than upgrading the standard motor ... Perhaps putting a volt or two extra would be all that is required.

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

John Smedly, in Fulham Adelaide, is running the BRM RTR 1:24th cars.

Here is the one i just ordered from Pendles:

John is restricting the motors to the 027 BRM, but i have an inkling this car may come with the 25K evo motor (about the same as the NSR king 25)

Any chance of running these cars using the same motor, gears, and tires?

i hope all of your racing is enjoyed

slot on!

:)

www.slotcaraustralia.com

Guest jazzbell

John Smedly, in Fulham Adelaide, is running the BRM RTR 1:24th cars.

Here is the one i just ordered from Pendles:

John is restricting the motors to the 027 BRM, but i have an inkling this car may come with the 25K evo motor (about the same as the NSR king 25)

Any chance of running these cars using the same motor, gears, and tires?

NO chance in running this class.

Classes are final and class rules are in the process of being completed.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Hi Shane,

Any progress on the motor homologation for the scale auto class? Out of interest what do the cars come with as standard and what motor are you considering if you end up changing? Dont really want to buy anything until the rules are locked in.

Just found out that the chassis comes in two types. Fixed arm and drop arm type. Are both going to be allowed?

Edited by rick1776

cheers

rick1776

no worries Shane.

just a couple quick questions:

- what tires do you recomend for LMP? (are tire additives allowed?)

- can we use the early F1 MJK tires for SCX nascar or are only the scalextric Camaro/Mustang MJK tires allowed?

i hope all of your racing is enjoyed

slot on!

:)

www.slotcaraustralia.com

Guest jazzbell

Hi Shane,

Any progress on the motor homologation for the scale auto class? Out of interest what do the cars come with as standard and what motor are you considering if you end up changing? Don't really want to buy anything until the rules are locked in.

Just found out that the chassis comes in two types. Fixed arm and drop arm type. Are both going to be allowed?

Motor still not final but looks like the NSR 25K King.

They have been released with a 20K and 21k motor.

Fixed arm car is the car that is to be used.

no worries Shane.

just a couple quick questions:

- what tires do you recommend for LMP? (are tire additives allowed?)

- can we use the early F1 MJK tires for SCX nascar or are only the scalextric Camaro/Mustang MJK tires allowed?

NSR Super or Ultra grips at Thunderbirds.

NO tyre treatments.

I've got the part number for the MJK'S to be used in the SCX Nascar's in the Rules now.

Part number is 4230(19.5x9.8). These are the only one's permitted.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Hi Shane,

SCX rules. In one section it states 1mm min body clearance (off a tech block I assume)? Then in another section it says chassis and body minimum is 0.5mm?? Can you clarify please.

Is minor grinding for body float and clearance allowed?

A lot of the wheels on SCX cars stick out by 1mm or more OTB. So this is allowed?

cheers

rick1776

Guest jazzbell

Hi Shane,

SCX rules. In one section it states 1mm min body clearance (off a tech block I assume)? Then in another section it says chassis and body minimum is 0.5mm?? Can you clarify please.

Is minor grinding for body float and clearance allowed?

A lot of the wheels on SCX cars stick out by 1mm or more OTB. So this is allowed?

Rule fixed,.05 mm under chassis.

Minor grinding for body rock is allowed and has been added in rules. This is basic tuning method as everyone does.

Because when purchased they do stick out past the guards,1mm tolerance is allowed and NO more. This has also been added.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Guest jazzbell

The motor for the Scaleauto 1/24 class is now been made final. With good results in testing and good feed back.

The motor has been added to the rules in section 7.1.4. The choice of motor will be the NSR

25,000RPM king,part number 3013.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Thanks for the clarification regarding the motor in the scaleauto class. After punting a few of these things around they are possibly the most fun car you could drive. Heaps of speed and brakes with plenty of grip. Different to a plastic chassis car and different again to a plafit.

My question is in relation to the classic class. A few cars Porssche,MK 1V maybe some others????? Come with a dummy spare wheel and a lot of racers just don't run the cars with the dummy spare wheel depending on the rules of the club. Some clubs would demand that they be fitted as they are original equipment. There is no mention in the rules about them so are they required to be fitted in the car or are the entrants permitted present a car without them being fitted?

Edited by first corner crash

Guest jazzbell

Another addition to the scale auto class in regards to wheels. Rule 7.1.5(K) The standard front wheels with the rubber tyres that come on the car can also be used..

Check the scale auto 1/24 class rules on up date.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Edited by jazzbell

Hi Shane,

Rule clarification for SCX NASCAR. Are you allowed to glue tyres onto rims using CA or contact adhesive or aryldite etc?? It says no tyre conditioning, is this only at the track? If its a total ban how will you check that tyres have not had any treatment??

cheers

rick1776

Guest jazzbell

Hi Shane,

Rule clarification for SCX NASCAR. Are you allowed to glue tyres onto rims using CA or contact adhesive or araldite etc?? It says no tyre conditioning, is this only at the track? If its a total ban how will you check that tyres have not had any treatment??

Rick gluing and truing is allowed in all classes. Tyre treatment is not allowed AT THE TRACK or even pretreated tyres at home or where ever. Tyres can looked treated and they can feel treated so this is how they'll be checked.

If your talking the SCX Nascar class 100% of the people will be using the MJK tyres which people don't treat anyway.

Rick you can pass this on to people involved with MJK if you please,if i find any MJK tyres that have been made for a select group of racers with a different shore rating that are softer than what is sold to everyone else,not only will it be disqualification i'll make sure the MJK product of tyre will be band from any other major event that will be held.

Wasn't born yesterday and I've seen what they look like.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Guest jazzbell

My question is in relation to the classic class. A few cars Porssche,MK 1V maybe some others????? Come with a dummy spare wheel and a lot of racers just don't run the cars with the dummy spare wheel depending on the rules of the club. Some clubs would demand that they be fitted as they are original equipment. There is no mention in the rules about them so are they required to be fitted in the car or are the entrants permitted present a car without them being fitted?

If the NSR classic cars come with the dummy spare wheel,it has to remain in the car.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Edited by jazzbell

Hi Shane,

SCX NASCAR again. SCX make a variety of crown gears, can you use any of these or does it have to be the 27T one?

cheers

rick1776

Thanks for the clarification Shane. I only asked because we routinely remove them and if someone comes from another club i wouldn't want anyone to think it was run by rules to suit the locals. I will have to go and dig up a dummy spare now. LOL i think Chris might do a brisk trade if he has some spares to sell.

Guest jazzbell

Hi guy's please take note on the Scaleauto class an addition to the rule 7.1.6. Body and Interior has been added. Just informing people who purchase the white kits at least a coat of paint must be applied to the car ,not just decals and a clear coat.

Also the Jag is on the market and will be added to the rules,but until the guy's who are governing the rules for this class and the final testing is done to compare it with the Porsche and Bmw the rules for the Jag will be posted at a later date.

I've started the Sponsorship round up as well for the event.Looking good for 2012. When i have everyone i'll get started on the posters and stickers and send out to clubs Australia wide so people can't forget the event.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Not sure if i have missed the rules some place but whats the go with the Scalextric GT Rules ?

Can not find them

Cheers

Hi oswald900 I think Shane is yet to post these but as I understand it they will not be too different (if at all) to this years event at Hornsby. If I see Shane at the track on Tuesday night I will give him a reminder.

My linkhttp://www.auslot.com/forums/index.php?/topic/12460-2011-scale-model-nationals/page__hl__%2Bscale+%2Bmodle+%2Bnationals+%2B

Regards

Ray

Edited by Ratracer

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

2017 Plafit FLM Edurance Champion

Team Thunderbird