Guest jazzbell

Adelaide 2012

Guest jazzbell

Well guy's this years 2012 scale Model Nationals has come to an end and what a great success it was for our club Thunderbird raceway in Adelaide.

The media,the papers and even the radio stations. With the crowds that came through the door just made that an extra buzz for everyone in the club.

Big thank you to first to the support of the sponsors for our prizes and trophies.

Armchair Racer,NSR,Southern Models,Mobile raceways,A.J.Leeman Hobbies,B and B Hobbies and Ace Hobbies.

Kevin Wilson Designed the t-shirts and stickers that everyone should of had also the great design of the posters,thanks Kev.

Ray was also the helper on posters and any print out work,so thanks Ray.

The event was faultless with our new Johnson system and the nat's had a race director all weekend.My opinion this was the man that kept things rolling with NO hiccups .So thanks again Gary Johnson for coming to our raceway here in Adelaide an running our first ever model car nationals in Adelaide.

To our scrutineer Jan. Thanks for coming down and being apart of the event too.

People that don't realize,Jan scrutineer-ed 300 cars over the 3 days,massive effort with know fuss what so ever.

Thank you too Werner for assisting our chief scrutineer with the plafit classes.

All the interstaters if it wasn't for you guy's it wouldn't be the same,specially BALL BOY BATSON,what a laugh i had with my second best friend .Great driver.(this includes you to ember)

Last of all the team and owners of Thunderbird. Team i call Gary Sheppo/Bruno/Bill and who ever put in the hours getting the raceway up and going so the event could be held.

Last of all the owners Chris and Kathy. The Money time and hours people just couldn't comprehend what has really gone into the new venue.

TO CONCLUDE ,who attended knows they just attended they greatest event yet in Australia for model car racing. till next .

Regards shane a

team thunderbird

Edited by jazzbell

Having just returned from the MCN I would like to congratulate the entire team at Thunderbird Race Way for a fantastic 3 days of racing. I don't know all of your names so I will leave them out but the adults who looked after the kids racing deserve a special mention for this is where our future racers will come from and I have never seen the kids catered for in this way before, you guys did a truly amazing job. We are lucky as a slot car community to have some one like Shane a who just never stops in getting the word out there about Slot Cars, With out him the event would not have been the success that it was and Thunder Bird Race way a blessed to have him as one of their racers. Once again thank you to all of you that made it the success that it was,,,

Noel B.

Congrats to Chris and Cathy on a great venue, and a well run event.

Thanks to the Thunderbird team for making the event a success that it was.. Shane A , Sheppo , Bruno and everyone else that helped over the weekend.

Also well done to Garry J for his efforts sitting in the directors box for the majority of the weekend and Jan checking and sorting hundreds of cars..

Overall i enjoyed the weekend and also meeting and catching up with a few forum members and fellow racers, always good to put a face to a name and have a chat..

I was hoping my results would have been better but i just couldnt match the the corner speed of the locals, seems i needed more time for setup!!

Was happy with my 5th place in the Ninco GT class after a dismal 11th place qual :^( ...

onwards to next year ...

Edited by Davnic74

Regard's

David

Team Phoenix

4 x Australian National Champion.

Premier Raceway Build

Gallery Raceway Build.

Heany Park Raceway Build

A bigs thanks to the team at Thunderbird raceway from all the Dapto guys.Especially Cathy & her helpers for supplying all the great food & of course the most important thing coffee.We were very impressed with the young racers,very friendly & like everyone at Adelaide made us feel very welcome & the future looks good for more champions from SA.

Gary Johnson as usuall did a fantastic job as race director keeping a very hectic weekend of racing moving along.

Still can't believe that the centre was set up in such a short time & with a lot of help from volunteers will only bring the club closer together as a group.

Cheers Jimmy

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

Guest jazzbell

To the Auslot moderators,

Thanks for giving us the space on events for all to see. Getting the word out on such a great event through the forum has been a great help to make this years 2012 Scale Model Nationals.

So it's been a week and we have closure now for the event, so can the nationals topic be removed and pinned in the Discussion .

Thanks again .

Regards shane a

team thunderbird

Congratulations Shane on your win and generosity of time that made the Scale Model Nationals a great event. Big thanks also to Garry and Jan for race directing and Scrutineering the best organised event I have ever been to.

We now have two major events on the Australian Scale Slotcar calender with the Scale Model Nationals and our next big race on the Plafit factory "masters track" thanks to Werner from Ace hobbies.

Looking forward to the next "re-match"

Axman Kim

Been a great weekend of racing. Some very tired folks around about now.
Us Dapto boys were at the pinicle of alertness and concentration all weekend ^_^ JJ made the call to come over with us on Monday and was working on his cars til 5.30 Thursday morning. 2012modelnats001.jpg ......and at the the track 2012modelnats035.jpg Jimmyslots1950 2012modelnats034.jpg Yours truely 2012modelnats033.jpg Jim, Rod AKA Captain Slow and JJ hard at work Friday morning. 2012modelnats004.jpg For my first Model Nats, this was certainly an event I wont forget, lots of laughs and great racing at a fabulous venue. Really enjoyed meeting the racers, full credit to Shane, Chris & Cathy, Ray, Clevo, Gary and all the other guys I've forgotten to mention who pulled together and established the venue and the event in such short time. Also thanks to Gary Johnston for race management, Jan for scrutineering and all the sponsors for the prizes. A very professional event, well done. - Cam

Dont make them very tough in Dapto :P