Adelaide 2012

Guest jazzbell

Guest jazzbell

Hi guy's ,

First of all i'd like to thank the team on Auslot for giving us the space on the home page to make life easy on finding information for next years event.

The ball is starting to roll here now in Adelaide for next years 2012 Scale Model nationals.

The event is going to be on the Queens Birthday long weekend

June 8th,9th and 10th 2012.

I'm happy to say that we are going to have a brand new 6 lane track up and running for this event.

Race fixture will be on par with the 2011,just some changes to some rules and classes.

Next year we are adding 2 classes for under 14's who will race on our great 30m lowndes track. Race 1 on Saturday the 9th and the other on Sunday the 10th.

So mum's and dad's don't leave the kids at home when you come to race,bring them along as you could have a junior under 14 national slot car champion in the family. ;)

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Edited by jazzbell

Great news regarding the juniors event Shane. I know of a certain 11 year old who will hound me to build some cars for him once he knows there is a national title on the line. Watching him race is more fun than racing myself although he tells me he has much more natural talent than me. Will it be Nascars and v8s for the juniors? Don't want to jump the gun as it really doesn't matter much. A couple of queries if there is racing on the friday will it be in the evening? Just thinking about people getting away from work etc.

After this years event which was like a lesson in how to run an event i am sure notes will have been taken and next years will be terrific. Everyone should come and "have a go" I think even the guys that didn't feature at the pointy end of the field this year went away knowing a lot more afterwards.

Trevor.

Edited by first corner crash

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

Queens birthday weekend in Adelaide. Might have to see if we can mosey over for a look see.

Embs

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Hi all Chris O the track owner at TBird's is already looking at making this event very memorable and worthy of a trip over to SA. He is talking about having dis[plays of muscle cars and RC cars. We are currently working on posters and stickers for the event so look out for these in the near future.

There is a real buzz at the club already.

We are considering using the ScaleAuto 1/24 cars as one of the classes something new and exciting for use as we are a 1/32 scale club but I could realty get into these and the Plafits.

TBird been a great supporter of national events so it would be great to see as many Auslot members for all over the country and overseas as possible.

Regards

Ray

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

2017 Plafit FLM Edurance Champion

Team Thunderbird

Hello Ray good to see interest in Model car Nats for 2012 has started & from the people I met at Hornsby I'm sure South Aus will definately put on a great show.

Just a personal opinion on running a larger class ie Plafits & Scaleauto.At Dapto we run 1/24th on Thursday night & the boys wanted to introduce another class to add to our Nascars & American Muscle.We chose to run the Plafit Mini Z's,the main reason for that choice was Kyosho bodies came in many body styles & being RC bodies made them more than suitable for slot racing.

We have about 15 Z's already at Dapto & not one body the same,everyone can have a great range of bodies to choose from & the finish is first class.

Werner from ACE Hobbies was telling me last week that the Japs use the Mini Z's as a starter class & for those of us that don't have the skill or patience to paint a car this ticks one box that has always been a problem for 1/24th scale racing.

The main thing to do is run the different options to your local racers & see what they like the most & if they have a drive of a Plafit I'm sure they like the experience.All our guys exchange race set ups & help one another get up to speed & I'm sure Shane & Trevor will do the same for your guys.

MiniZ008.jpg

Series2Finalresults002.jpg

JJs009.jpg

Cheers Jimmy :D

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

Hey Jimmy nice cars. I liked the plafits the mini z class was good and those bodies sure can take a pounding. I don't think anything is set in rock yet regarding the 1/24th class but i will wait for the guys setting the classes to actually put them up before worrying about what chariots to prepare for the event. They are all toy cars after all and racing is racing.

I think the thinking regarding the scaleautos was simply that they come in a RTR form so even guys that have no metal chassis experience can buy one and put on the control tyre and they are good to go. Wide variety of liveries in the porsches added to that the Jag and the Mercedes will be released before the event starts. Still someone with a bit of experience with metal will have a slight advantage Jimmy ;) Shane will know more but as i said i don't think the classes are final yet because they will want to put on a show that appeals to as many people as possible and also negotiate with sponsors etc to make sure the trophy table is fitting of a national event.

It would be great to see a good contingent from Dapto as you guys seemed to be on the money. I am hoping to have a few cars put together for the APC so hope to see you guys again.

Cheers Trevor

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

Hi Trevor just trying to promote the Plafits so everyone can have the pleasure of driving a really sweet slot car.

I haven't fiddled with the Scaleauto yet but I'm sure I will at some stage in the future.Kim & Noel from Qld came down for the Plafit titles at Hornsby were saying the Scaleauto's needed a lot of work to get them blueprinted for racing.

In the Z's there is a very good workable set of rules already written & with the choice of either 1300u, a very easy chassis to set up, similar to the Scaleauto or 1700 chassis for the more adventurious builder I'm sure it woulden't take long to get a good setup happening.

Which ever way is decided to go with I'm sure an old slot car trajic like myself will get stuck in & have crack at getting my toys to go faster than the next guy.

Model Car Nats at Adelaide is definately on my bucket list,see you there.

Cheers Jimmy :rolleyes:

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

Hey Jimmy, the two scale auto porsches I have did need a little work how ever I purchased a BMW from ace hobbies and it literally took less than half an hour to get right, So maybe the quality control has been improved . The two that I have set up do seem to handle very well on Andrews track and the same on jan's track with less than a 1/10 between them, but we have to wait and see how they go over seas. Bear in mind the ground clearance we have to run is 1.80 mm but it does not seem to bother them I suppose it would only be better lower.

Noel

Hi all thanks for the feedback I will print these off and give to Chris O tonight.

As Trevor stated nothing is set in stone at this stage.

Chris did indicate that the junior class(s)will be run on our premier track the Lowndes Track so we should have a couple of tracks on the go which should help to get throught the program.

The new track is still a couple of months away when I last talked to Chris.

Regards

Ray

As Parnelli Jones the Indy 500 winner once said "If you are not out of control you are not going fast enough!"

2017 Plafit FLM Edurance Champion

Team Thunderbird

Hi all thanks for the feedback I will print these off and give to Chris O tonight.

As Trevor stated nothing is set in stone at this stage.

Chris did indicate that the junior class(s)will be run on our premier track the Lowndes Track so we should have a couple of tracks on the go which should help to get throught the program.

The new track is still a couple of months away when I last talked to Chris.

Regards

Ray

Hi Ray,

Do you know if there will be any 1/24 scale classes not running sponge tyres?? If so what?

cheers

rick1776

Guest jazzbell

As this topic has started to get reply's before i can get classes and rules up another spot just for rules and classes is now up.

It will be a locked TOPIC.

Any questions on anything to do with the event can then be replyed in the 2012 Scale Model National topic. If we have a spot just for the rules everyone can just click on and make life much easy to find out what they need to know about the event.

If interstaters and other locals in SA are thinking of coming it would be great if you could let us know.

Regards shane a

team thunderbird

Edited by jazzbell

Shane, you should have permission to create and then pin topics to the top of this forum section if you wish.

So if you want a single topic which lists all rules of the event, or one which contains details of the day etc.. which you want to keep free of replies, create, pin and lock. PM me if you want to know any more.

Those options are all at the bottom of the topic. You shouldnt' be able to break anything apart from what's in this section so feel free to test!

What about a maiden race? Y'know for novices or even for WaGs.

Computers. They'll never catch on.

_AM_sig_zps00cdfd1a.jpg

Tiny Tyers Targa - The build saga continues - Aging wood - A recipe for staining wood - Don't take a fence - Step by step paling fence - An old shed for my new cars - Wooden garage under construction

Hi Paul,

I was thinking 1/24 Classic Australian Touring cars. MJK should have the GTHO Falcon, HT Monaro and E49 Charger out later this year in a hard body. Ive seen the protos and they are the duck's guts. Diecast quality!!

Any chance of squeezing a "new" local class in Shane?

cheers

rick1776

cheers

rick1776

Guest jazzbell

Classes are now final. Posted in the topic classes and rules for 2012. Rules will be up and finished over the next couple of weeks.

Only real change to the 2011 rules is in the Ninco GT class.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Edited by jazzbell

Hi Rick I have seen the HT GTS and the Falcon GT , they are real nice and should make great slot car bodies, almost toooooo good.

I am looking forward to the Val when it comes out.

Ian has done a fine job on these shells, and when I last looked at them they all were not far from compeletion.

See you next Friday at Marks

Paul

Try Harder, if you dont fail your not trying hard enough

Guest jazzbell

With the 1/32 scale LMP/PROTO class list of cars these were off the top of my head. Please let us know what else can go on the list if you know your cars.

regards Shane a

team thunderbird

Hi Shane

I can have a look at making up a list of cars for you one night this week. How far would you want to go back in time to set the period. The modern LMP era started in the 1990's.

Alan

Guest jazzbell

Hi Shane

I can have a look at making up a list of cars for you one night this week. How far would you want to go back in time to set the period. The modern LMP era started in the 1990's.

Alan

Alan modern would be great. I know you know your cars and i can trust your list.Have a look on rules for classes whats up already AL. Just pm me when finished .

Thanks Shane.

Any details about the 1/24 scaleauto class or is that still being written?? Who sells these so I can have a look at some of the cars. Or do they make lots of different classes of cars and a particular class has yet to be decided?

Rick i'm waiting for the feed back on the Scaleauto's after this weekend.Reason is that their running them at the world chapionships in Germany this weekend and our rules will be on par with this.(Fixed gear ratio same tyres for all.)

Thunderbirds sells them . Has the Porsche GT3 and the BMW M3.

A Jaguar XKR white kit is also out,plus the Mercedes will be as well soon.Have a look on Pendles if their not on T-Birds site.

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Edited by jazzbell

Hey Jimmy, the two scale auto porsches I have did need a little work how ever I purchased a BMW from ace hobbies and it literally took less than half an hour to get right, So maybe the quality control has been improved . The two that I have set up do seem to handle very well on Andrews track and the same on jan's track with less than a 1/10 between them, but we have to wait and see how they go over seas. Bear in mind the ground clearance we have to run is 1.80 mm but it does not seem to bother them I suppose it would only be better lower.

Noel

Hi Guys, I have been "playing" with Noel setting up the ScaleAuto Porsche for his race in Europe and I can really see this as a fantastic future class for slotcar racing.

It brings together slotcars and modelcars into one package. Bolt it together, glue the body bits like a model aaaand.. best of all, simply screw it to the body mounting posts and its done. Get some nice Patto's stickers and race! Gee we've come a long way... my first slotcar back in the sixties was this easy!

Kim