1st Shane 170 laps

2nd Trevor 170 laps

3rd Mitchell 166 laps

4th Jimmy 166 laps

5th Vohn Van 165 laps

6th Dale A 165 laps Yay HSC !! :D

7th Troy 164 laps Yay HSC !! :D

8th Alan 160 laps

NOTE: I don't have Any pics of this class, as I wasn't there for the event,..sorry.

Slot.it Group C class;

20 entrants.

Top Qualifier;

Shane 7.119

slosam1425.jpg

From left to right;

Shane, Jason ??, Trevor, Dale A, Mitchell, Jason B, Troy and Alan.

slosam1418.jpg

1st Shane 196 laps

2nd Troy 188 laps Yay NSW/HSC !! :D

3rd Alan 187 laps

4th Trevor 185 laps

5th Jason B 184 laps

6th Jason 181 laps

7th Dale A 176 laps Yay NSW/HSC !! :D

8th Mitchell 170 laps

slosam1426.jpg

Shane accepting his prize for Top Qualifier from Jim of Armchair Racer. James (Hidden behind) and Wayne to the right.

slosam1427.jpg

Jason ??

slosam1430.jpg

Alan taking a fine 3rd accepting his prize for 3rd from Jim of Armchair.

slosam1431.jpg

Troy Boldy accepting his Prize and Trophy from Jim for placing 2nd.

slosam1432.jpg

Shane accepting Trophy and prize for winning the Slot.it Group C class from Jim of Armchair.

I was a bit annoyed with Myself re; this race, as I Did Have a car ready, (although it's Race State of Tune had Not been tested), But I arrived a bit later than I wanted to after looking for Ages for My House/Car keys this morning, Only to eventually find them Still in the Front Door !!,..DOH !!,..I was a Wee bit tired last night,.. :lol:

Anyway, if I HAD of entered, it would have meant 2 x 'Consies' and as Qualifying was Almost over, I gave it a miss, Could have been Fun, as from what I saw Lap time wise, My car Was in with a Chance,..Oh well,..I 'Pitted' for Troy and it was Great racing.

NSR Mosler class;

13 starters.

nsrmoslersam1434.jpg

Top Qualifier;

Shane 6.284

nsrmoslersam1441.jpg

From left to right;

Rod, Jason B, Christian, Ray, Mitchell, Stoo, Shane ans Trevor.

nsrmoslersam1440.jpg

1st Shane 216 laps

2nd Trevor 209 laps

3rd Jason B 201 laps

4th Mitchell 193 laps

5th Ray 191 laps

6th Stoo 189 laps Yay NSW/HSC !! :D

7th Rod 179 laps

8th Christian 177 laps

nsrmoslesam1445.jpg

nsrmoslesam1446.jpg

nsrmoslesam1447.jpg

Scalextric GT class;

26 starters. (Initially 31, but we had a few scratchings just prior to the start).

Top Qualifier;

Shane 6.174

Unfortunately, I don't have the Race sheets for the Final at hand, but will 'post' the results as soon as I have the details,..Sorry.

As the racing had been going well and we knew how many Plafit racers we had for the Day, it was decided to have races for Both the Plafit Div' 1 and Div' 2 1/32 Modern GT classes.

SUNDAY

I just thought I would 'throw' this photo in, particularly due to a statement made elsewhere, just prior to this event.

sam1455h.jpg

The Great Haul of 'Booty' supplied by Werner of ACE Hobbies for the various Plafit class winners.

Plafit 1/32 Modern GT Div' 2 class;

8 starters.

Top Qualifier;

Trevor 6.782

sam1455h.jpg

div2sam1449.jpg

1st Trevor 202 laps

2nd Jimmy 198 laps

3rd Jake 195 laps Yay HSC !! :D

4th Stoo 191 laps Yay HSC !! :D

5th James 190 laps Yay HSC !! :D

6th Dale A 183 laps Yay HSC !! :D

7th Rod 182 laps

8th JJ 179 laps

sam1470y.jpg

sam1471y.jpg

Young Jake Burton, a local HSC Racer accepting his prize for 3rd. Well done Jake,..way to go !!

sam1472g.jpg

Jimmy

sam1473.jpg

Trevor

Plafit 1/32 Modern GT Div' 1 class;

11 starters I believe

Top Qualifier;

(need to check)

div1sam1453.jpg

div1sam1454.jpg

1st Troy 217 laps Yay HSC !! :D a Win at last !!!,... lol

2nd Shane 212 laps

3rd Jimmy 207 laps

4th James 207 laps

5th Gregg T 203 laps

6th Stephanie 201 laps

7th Stoo 200 laps

8th Dale A 200 laps

sam1474.jpg

sam1475m.jpg

sam1476.jpg

Plafit MINI-Z class;

12 starters.

minizsam1460.jpg

Top Qualifier;

Troy 6.393

1st Troy 211 laps

2nd Shane 205 laps

3rd Jimmy 203 laps

4th Dale A 202 laps

5th James 201 laps

6th Trevor 200 laps

7th Gregg T 197 laps

8th Rod 191 laps

sam1479.jpg

sam1480l.jpg

sam1481b.jpg

Plafit JGT class;

7 starters.

Top Qualifier;

Troy 6.139

Somehow, I didn't manage to get the Race sheets for this event either, but Will 'post' them as soon as I have them.

More Pics to come,..Cheers,.. :D

Edited by stoo23

What a great event it was with so many highlights. Every racer will have their own shoulda coulda woulda moments. For me i snatched defeat from the jaws of victory in the nascars and was definately in with a great chance with the classic sports until over driving and coming out. Both events Shane won by holding his nerve driving better and proving the old adage that it goes faster IN the slot. Although it was a great weekend for me with a couple of wins and a few placings the highlight was undoubtedly the friendly manner the event was held in with any disagreements quickly resolved and meeting a bunch of blokes who also have never grown up and still race toy cars.

A special thank-you to Hornsby and Wayne for controlling a fantastic event with the race programming the best i have ever seen the semis to final racing was great for the racers because you always knew exactly where you were in the event and who you had to hunt. Just like real racing there was none of this wait till the computer spits out the laps and see who won so it was "live racing" all the time. Kudos to whoever designed the software. Great to meet some guys who i have only ever seen on forums or heard about. Gun drivers like Troy and Jimmy were great to race against as they were always clean. Next year will be on home turf and although that will be good. I think the road trip and the adventure was half the fun.

Hope to race everyone again and race others who couldn't make it this year.

Trevor

Edited by first corner crash

4x national champion 6x national runner up. I come second most often but my girlfriends happy.

Let's not forget James the owner of the Hornsby track. He is a top bloke and hardly ever gets a mention. This is probably because he works in the background and does such a great job no one notices. Wayne is front of office and James is boiler room. 3 cheers for James.

ps. Check out the presentation pics, James is in the background and shouldn't be.

Edited by Bulsara

Gort, Klaatu barada nikto.

My poor Krell!

After a million years of shining sanity...

they could hardly have understood what power was destroying them.

Some Further Results;

Ninco GT class;

15 starters.

1st Trevor 192 laps South Aus'

2nd Shane 187 laps South Aus'

3rd Jason B 177 laps (from I'm not sure Where, Sorry),..someone will,..lol

4th Christian 175 laps

5th Ray 175 laps

6th Alan 175 laps

7th Troy 170 laps

8th JonP 170 laps

nincogtsam1393.jpg

nincogtsam1398.jpg

nincogtsam1409.jpg

As mentioned previously, yesterdays NSR Classic 'details'.

NSR Classics class;

19 starters.

sam1381z.jpg

Top Qualifier;

Shane 6.810 Sec'.

nsrclassicsam1392.jpg

nsrclassicsam1391.jpg

1st Shane 194 laps

2nd Trevor 194 laps

3rd Troy 188 laps Yay NSW/HSC !! :D

4th Alan 187 laps

5th Stoo 187 laps Yay NSW/HSC !! :D

6th Ray 185 laps

7th Mitchell 185 laps

8th Rodney 184 laps

nsrclassicsam1402.jpg

nsrclassicsam1403.jpg

nsrclassicsam1404.jpg

nsrclassicsam1405.jpg

nsrclassicsam1406.jpg

nsrclassicsam1408.jpg

SCX NASCAR class;

20 starters.

Top Qualifier;

Shane 7.914

1st Shane 170 laps

2nd Trevor 170 laps

3rd Mitchell 166 laps

4th Jimmy 166 laps

5th Vohn Van 165 laps

6th Dale A 165 laps Yay HSC !! :D

7th Troy 164 laps Yay HSC !! :D

8th Alan 160 laps

NOTE: I don't have Any pics of this class, as I wasn't there for the event,..sorry.

Slot.it Group C class;

20 entrants.

Top Qualifier;

Shane 7.119

slosam1425.jpg

slosam1418.jpg

1st Shane 196 laps

2nd Troy 188 laps Yay NSW/HSC !! :D

3rd Alan 187 laps

4th Trevor 185 laps

5th Jason B 184 laps

6th Jason 181 laps

7th Dale A 176 laps Yay NSW/HSC !! :D

8th Mitchell 170 laps

slosam1430.jpg

slosam1431.jpg

slosam1432.jpg

I was a bit annoyed with Myself re; this race, as I Did Have a car ready, (although it's Race State of Tune had Not been tested), But I arrived a bit later than I wanted to after looking for Ages for My House/Car keys this morning, Only to eventually find them Still in the Front Door !!,..DOH !!,..I was a Wee bit tired last night,.. :lol:

Anyway, if I HAD of entered, it would have meant 2 x 'Consies' and as Qualifying was Almost over, I gave it a miss, Could have been Fun, as from what I saw Lap time wise, My car Was in with a Chance,..Oh well,..I 'Pitted' for Troy and it was Great racing.

NSR Mosler class;

13 starters.

nsrmoslersam1434.jpg

Top Qualifier;

Shane 6.284

nsrmoslersam1441.jpg

nsrmoslersam1440.jpg

1st Shane 216 laps

2nd Trevor 209 laps

3rd Jason B 201 laps

4th Mitchell 193 laps

5th Ray 191 laps

6th Stoo 189 laps Yay NSW/HSC !! :D

7th Rod 179 laps

8th Christian 177 laps

nsrmoslesam1445.jpg

nsrmoslesam1446.jpg

nsrmoslesam1447.jpg

Scalextric GT class;

26 starters. (Initially 31, but we had a few scratchings just prior to the start).

Top Qualifier;

Shane 6.174

Unfortunately, I don't have the Race sheets for the Final at hand, but will 'post' the results as soon as I have the details,..Sorry.

As the racing had been going well and we knew how many Plafit racers we had for the Day, it was decided to have races for Both the Plafit Div' 1 and Div' 2 1/32 Modern GT classes.

Plafit 1/32 Modern GT Div' 2 class;

8 starters.

Top Qualifier;

Trevor 6.782

1st Trevor 202 laps

2nd Jimmy 198 laps

3rd Jake 195 laps Yay HSC !! :D

4th Stoo 191 laps Yay HSC !! :D

5th James 190 laps Yay HSC !! :D

6th Dale A 183 laps Yay HSC !! :D

7th Rod 182 laps

8th JJ 179 laps

Plafit 1/32 Modern GT Div' 1 class;

11 starters I believe

Top Qualifier;

(need to check)

1st Troy 217 laps Yay HSC !! :D a Win at last !!!,... lol

2nd Shane 212 laps

3rd Jimmy 207 laps

4th James 207 laps

5th Gregg T 203 laps

6th Stephanie 201 laps

7th Stoo 200 laps

8th Dale A 200 laps

Plafit MINI-Z class;

12 starters.

Top Qualifier;

Troy 6.393

1st Troy 211 laps

2nd Shane 205 laps

3rd Jimmy 203 laps

4th Dale A 202 laps

5th James 201 laps

6th Trevor 200 laps

7th Gregg T 197 laps

8th Rod 191 laps

Plafit JGT class;

7 starters.

Top Qualifier;

Troy 6.139

Somehow, I didn't manage to get the Race sheets for this event either, but Will 'post' them as soon as I have them.

More Pics to come,..Cheers,.. :D

Another Model car nats has been run & won & as I predicted was a great success.

James,Wayne & Gary looking after the racing & Kelly making sure we had some healthy food to eat & a very well prepared track you coulden't go wrong.

But the most important ingrediant for a successfull event is the people who attend,everyone had a very positive attitude & you could tell by the atmosphere that it was going to be a good weekend of racing.

Big thanks to Shane for all the work he did to promote & organise the event,& to all the sponsors for some fantastic prizes.

When you come to an event like this you know there will be some of the best drivers in Aus,I've been around slot cars a long time, but on Saturday I saw the best performance of a marshall ever.

Congratulations Jason Brooks,I've never seen a marshall with so much enthusiasm,the drivers in that race should be very thankfull for the effort you put in to keep their cars in the slot & minimise car damage. :D

Looking forward to the next Model car nats in SA next year,& after meeting the guys in person I'm more than confidant that it will be bigger & better in 2012.

Cheers Jimmy :D

That trophy should be for his outstanding marshalling,well done Jason

nsrmoslesam1445.jpg;)

To finsh first,first you gotta finish

Well said Jim,

Too often we overlook the marshalls,

I was all up to coming down to run,however we are moving house and preparing slot cars was not on the agenda,great event,congratulations to all who fronted.

Terry

Guest jazzbell

Well the 2011 Scale Nationals is over and all i can say is what a great event it was.

Firstly to the complex owner of Hornsby slot centre James. Thanks for taking the event on this year. You should be proud with the out come and the number of drivers who showed up to race at Hornsby. With the focus of your centre being 1/24 scale i think the turn out of 32 scale racers was great which showed in the entries. Thanks again James. ;)

The format of racing and anything to do with the racing a big thanks has to go to our race director for the 3 days Wayne Bramble. Never been to an event that has run so smooth,so thanks again Wayne. ;)

The sponsors of the event,Armchair Racer,Leeman Hobbies,Thunderbird Raceway,Ace hobbies,Mobile raceways,B and B hobbies,Hornsby Slot centre.

Just some of the prizes that were up for grabs. Stoo has posted the plafit prizes in a post above.

Nationals2011051.jpg

Nationals2011050.jpg

Nationals2011049.jpg

Nationals2011048.jpg

How good was this,prizes went down to 6th in all the classes. Plus trophy's FOR 1ST 2ND 3RD and pole position.

It was also good to put the names to faces with the Auslot members. It was a pleasure helping and setting cars up and giving advise for the people who were in the unknown. ;)

My highlight of the weekend was after i was given my 1ST prize for winning SCX Nascar i gave it up to the youngest person who competed at the event .His name was Baily who races at the Slot car Factory. Never seen a kid jump so high and smile so much.

Nationals2011099.jpg

Next year i hope we can make it as as good as 2011. Don't want to take the shine off of Hornsby just yet,but i hope to see more faces in Adelaide next year for the 2012 scale model nationals.

Thanks again everyone. :)

regards shane a

team thunderbird

Hi Guys

I'd like to add my thanks to the Guys at Hornsby too, to James, Wayne and Garry. If there was to be a new manual on running a raceway to be written, Hornsby would be model to use for it.

Also thanks to all the sponsors, It was great to see some of the locally based gentlemen along to present the tropies and prizes too. I'm sure we are all very appreciative of your generosity.

Also I should mention Shane (Jazzbell) for his efforts in promoting the event and chasing up sponsorship for the event along with helping and encouraging others through out the weekend. You deserve all the success you got this weekend Shane

Congratulations to all the winners and runners up in all the classes.and well done to everyone else who entered a race at least you were there.

Also I'd like to say how great it was to meet all the people who frequent this forum and put a face to a name. Stooooo from Hornsby, John, Kai, Joe from the western sydney group and to catch up with Dave again too. the Dapto Guys and Jason from Armchair racer. It was also great to be introduced to Terry from the Hornsby racers, that young man is an inspiration to us all. It was just a shame that we didn't get a bit more involvement from those North and South of the border.

On a personal note I have to say that this race meeting was one of the most enjoyable I have attended anywhere, well run and conducted in a friendly efficient manner. My fellow competitiors also should get a mention for participating in a friendly manner with little if any bad attitude displayed. When I got there on Thursday afternoon and after some practice I thought this is going to be a long couple of days. In the end my results were more than I expected and was happy to make the final of each class I ran in despite the lack of sleep I had over the week end ( note to self. don't get booked into a hotel room that fronts the Pacific Highway next time)

Any way I'm looking forward to next years event if only for the slightly shorter drive to get there. :D and to those thinking of coming over please do so we'll do our best to make you feel welcome.

Regards

Alan

ps:

I was going to post this in the main nationals thread but there's a bit too much Bulsh#t flying around there.

Thanks for the great complement Jimmy. That should keep me going at Armchair at least for another week.

Can't wait to do it all again at the 4hr enduro coming up at armchair, and hopefully at next yr's nationals.

Jason.

Brooksy