New 4 Lane Routed Track

32 replies to this topic

#1 dazza

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:23 PM

Hi all i purchased a 4 lane routed track and it's now in it's new home and ready for the test run.All i need to do now is buy some cars...haha
When i can work out how to put up some pics i will.
Midwestern Model Raceway.

#2 gazza

2003 World hide and seek champion

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,060 posts
  • Location:Sitting in front of the computer, how else could i be typing this

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:31 PM

http://www.auslot.co...sting-pictures/
Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

Posted Image

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

#3 dazza

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:58 PM

View Postdazza, on 24 July 2011 - 05:23 PM, said:

Hi all i purchased a 4 lane routed track and it's now in it's new home and ready for the test run.All i need to do now is buy some cars...haha
Did the test run today and all is good no problems so racing is on...

#4 dazza

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:21 PM

View Postdazza, on 25 July 2011 - 07:58 PM, said:

View Postdazza, on 24 July 2011 - 05:23 PM, said:

Did the test run today and all is good no problems so racing is on...
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Just worked how to put up some photos of my new track.It's 4.8 by 2.2 meters i've only had running for about a week and i'm hooked,again.I used to race flexi cars,group12's and group 20 about 20 years ago and i have regained my interest in this hobby in a big way, and my kids are wrapped.Now i'm looking to meet some new people and get some racing going.Ineed to organise a timing system and get that hooked up next.
I anyone is interested in a run on the track P.M me and i'm more than happy to have you over and it will also let get some feedback on my track.I'm based in western sydney.

Cheers Darren

Edited by dazza, 28 July 2011 - 04:50 PM.

#5 SlotsNZ

Formula 1 Driver

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,020 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:55 PM

Welcome aboard Darren nice track, I envy you getting a nice track ready built, I am grinding away - with some assitan ce building one at present.

It ;looks familiar, someone else may know, has this been seen on forum from a previous owner before?
Slots addict 1st class - Inaugural and undefeated "Pie-Bone 400 champion" For of course, team "We Don't Gloat" - Slot.it Shootout Champion 2015 - Lathe Addict Extra-ordinaaire - Itinerant Mediterranean cuisine junkie - Hobbit 3rd class - Legend in my own imagination My Track Oakland Raceway V2 | || Club intro on Youtube

#6 miveson

Raid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,893 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:17 PM

That's a cracking looking track, looks very nice indeed..

#7 schuey19

Kart Driver

• Auslotters
  • PipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:58 PM

Looks the goods for a first track! And another one for SWSRG (Sydney West Slot Racing Group) to race on. Did I read somewhere that you are in St Marys? Mario (FPVVGTP) is St Clair, Boslot is Colyton, and the others are Minto, Casula, Padstow, Merrylands, Epping, Quakers Hill and Harro Pk. I am Emu Plains, but track has just been sold. Oh, wyldthing (Greg) is also Emu Plains. Plenty around you to come for a look!

#8 rsclio

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 365 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:10 PM

Great looking track if I only had space for it!
Enjoy
Cheers
Mike

Diamo Stages

#9 luvhistorics

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:39 PM

Really great looking track and well built by the looks. Fantastic score Darren. Sounds like you will have plenty of good, challenging racers coming your way. Hope to do some laps one day, I'm a bit far away though at the moment, but here's hoping for the future. Great stuff! :)

#10 dazza

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 12:23 PM

View Postschuey19, on 28 July 2011 - 07:58 PM, said:

Looks the goods for a first track! And another one for SWSRG (Sydney West Slot Racing Group) to race on. Did I read somewhere that you are in St Marys? Mario (FPVVGTP) is St Clair, Boslot is Colyton, and the others are Minto, Casula, Padstow, Merrylands, Epping, Quakers Hill and Harro Pk. I am Emu Plains, but track has just been sold. Oh, wyldthing (Greg) is also Emu Plains. Plenty around you to come for a look!
Is there any one in this group that would be interested in a newbie being able to come around and have a look at the set ups and get some much needed advise.I'm in the process of looking at a timing system and don't know wich way to look haha.I also would like to get into some racing so i'm after some help..I live in St.Marys and once i get the track timing system up and running i wish to hold some racing on my track.

So can anyone lend a hand ?????

Cheers Darren

#11 gazza

2003 World hide and seek champion

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,060 posts
  • Location:Sitting in front of the computer, how else could i be typing this

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:07 PM

I answered your question that you asked in the last post on SWSRG on the 27th of July
Quickly read this post before it is deleted or i turn grey again

Gary

Posted Image

http://www.facebook.com/Rallyproxy2017

#12 Bulsara

2 hr Enduro Champion x 1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 08:42 PM

Nice looking track, jealous, have fun. :D
Gort, Klaatu barada nikto.

My poor Krell!

After a million years of shining sanity...
they could hardly have understood what power was destroying them.

#13 fordxd1982

i like to win but its not the end of the world if i lose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:42 PM

very nice looking track well done.

#14 digby

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:34 PM

G'day Darren ,Nice track, you're right about the resemblance with my track. regards digby

#15 dazza

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:52 PM

The track has been up and running now for a while and i've sorted out the join,i had trouble getting it right and smooth adjustable legs fixed that and i think i'm being a bit over the top about it.It seems to be a quick track and the surface is paving paint and seem to be not to bad.
I'm now offering anyone that wants to a chance to come over and have a social run on the track and let me know what they think about the layout and the track surface.I am also in the process of getting a timing system set up so thoughts on that would be appreciated.
Once the timing is done i will be trying to organise an event probable a 1 nigth event with a couple of classes to give it all a good test run.
So if your interested in a run send me a PM and will get it happening.I live in St.Marys and i'm keen to get some racing going.

Cheers Darren

#16 alloxylon

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:12 PM

Hi Darren, Yes nice track. and thanks for the advice you passed on to my son and myself down at the shop at Artarmon last Sunday
Cheers Greg

#17 xr8

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:53 AM

Darren, Great track, if interested I am at Blacktown and my son in law did my digital timing set up and I am sure we can help you out as it's not a big job... Dale
RUBBINS RACING SO HARDEN UP

#18 dazza

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 01:36 PM

View Postalloxylon, on 29 September 2011 - 11:12 PM, said:

Hi Darren, Yes nice track. and thanks for the advice you passed on to my son and myself down at the shop at Artarmon last Sunday
Cheers Greg
Hi no worries mate,hope it all goes well with the new track.

Dazza

#19 dazza

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:25 PM

Finally got rid of those useless single pin type plugs for the controllers and went to the commercial plugs,rewired and painted the track plugs and changed the plugs on the controllers.Much better now. Tommorow try and tackle the timimng system,HOPEFULLY it all goes good.. :D

#20 dazza

Kart Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:00 PM

View Postdazza, on 01 October 2011 - 10:25 PM, said:

Finally got rid of those useless single pin type plugs for the controllers and went to the commercial plugs,rewired and painted the track plugs and changed the plugs on the controllers.Much better now. Tommorow try and tackle the timimng system,HOPEFULLY it all goes good.. :D
track timing did NOT go well....thinking of buying a full trackmate kit.Any thoughts from others on this, good or bad ??

Edited by dazza, 03 October 2011 - 05:01 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users